I've only been in my new house for three days and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
...the nasty bitch living next door took all of her reeking trash, piled it on OUR side of the garage, swept her side, and moved out!!!!!! :mad: :scream:

Today the garage smelled so bad, I opened the big door to air it out. I just when out to make sure our bikes were still intact, only to find that the girl next door threw all the stinking carpet and shit onto our part!

*calls landlord*

Neighbors suck. Most people suck. :grumpy:

Can you have pets in this place?

I guess the one positive thing in your story is that the nasty bitch living next door HAS moved out. Let's hope whoever replaces her isn't so horrible. Good luck with that!

U2Kitten said:
Neighbors suck. Most people suck. :grumpy:

Can you have pets in this place?

well... "no" but I have four guinea pigs right now. And I found a cat toy in the laundry room... :p

OH, and I found the culprit of the smell, there's a fridge in the garage, full of food, but is not cold and Lord knows when it was last cold. I opened it and almost puked (and I don't get grossed out by much of anything!). It's so bad, I'm not even sure it would be healthy for someone to try and clean it out, so I'm going to duct tape all the doors shut and buy an appliance refuse sticker. I'd seriously rather pay $10 to have it hauled than try and force someone to clean it out. :crack:

this makes me glad that:

- the apartment i'm moving to has had no previous tenants
- so far the apartment to my left is still unoccupied
- the apartment to my right is occupied by someone in their 30s who i've met and wouldn't pull this shit
- i have no garage
- i've ran out of things to say.

KhanadaRhodes said:
this makes me glad that:

- the apartment i'm moving to has had no previous tenants
- so far the apartment to my left is still unoccupied
- the apartment to my right is occupied by someone in their 30s who i've met and wouldn't pull this shit
- i have no garage

I was feeling the same way about my new apartment. Brand new, quiet, no neighbor to the right . . .

Then I came home last night and heard the *DUM* *DUM* *DUM* of an insanely loud bass system on the other side. Even with my TV on it was still loud. I couldn't hear a word of the music, just the bass.

Stupid neighbors.

That reminds me . . .

I had a neighbor in college who used to play his bass waaaaaay too loud. My shelves would shake it was so loud. After a few days of this, I managed to discover that due to some electrical problem, we shared a breaker. So from then on, every time he played his bass, I would shut off his breaker. He would get real mad about the power going out in his room, but never found out it was me. :evil:

Finally, he decided that the problem must be his bass (since it only happened when it was on) and stopped playing it entirely. I consider it one of my life's greatest accomplishments.

stammer476 said:
That reminds me . . .

I had a neighbor in college who used to play his bass waaaaaay too loud. My shelves would shake it was so loud. After a few days of this, I managed to discover that due to some electrical problem, we shared a breaker. So from then on, every time he played his bass, I would shut off his breaker. He would get real mad about the power going out in his room, but never found out it was me. :evil:

Finally, he decided that the problem must be his bass (since it only happened when it was on) and stopped playing it entirely. I consider it one of my life's greatest accomplishments.

That is one of the coolest things I have ever heard. I am jealous I never had that oppertunity.:bow: :bow: :applaud: You rule.

stammer476 said:
That reminds me . . .

Hey, I used to do that to one of my neighbors in NYC! She lived upstairs from me and used to have parties every other week with the stereo unreasonably loud. However, I was not quite as brilliant as you in that it was my brother-in-law who lived there before me who told me which switch to pull in the basement laundry room that would shut down her electricity...not mine and no one else's, just hers. As soon as I pulled the switch, the party was over, baby! I was drunk with power! :lol:

This thread makes me so glad I live out in the sticks! My closest neighbors are far enough away that I've walked out to the back yard and been quite surprised to notice they were having a party.

Of course, there are problems too...I've had my gates (just metal farm gates, nothing special) stolen twice!

MooMoo! said:
should find their address and mail their garbage back to them.
"i think you left this."
:p

That's a damn good idea!! :evil:

stammer476 said:
That reminds me . . .

Awesome!!!! :applaud: You're my hero!! :bow:

indra said:
This thread makes me so glad I live out in the sticks! My closest neighbors are far enough away that I've walked out to the back yard and been quite surprised to notice they were having a party.

Of course, there are problems too...I've had my gates (just metal farm gates, nothing special) stolen twice!

You are so lucky, I wish I lived in the sticks. Look if you're far away enough from the road that somebody can steal your gates and you not hear them, that's isolation to me and it sounds like paradise! :cute:

A refridgerator can get very gross when turned off. During the hurricane last fall we had no power for 5 days. We stayed in a hotel out of the disaster area for 2 days and when we got back the fridge was smelling the place up, even leaking stuff out the bottom :yuck: Nobody I knew had any electric either so there was nothing to do with the stuff. :( Boy was that nasty :no:

Back
Top Bottom