I've never been stoned....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My ex b/f corrupted me with pot :huh: which was kinda fun at the time and it also made me totally lose interest in alcohol (not that I was a huge drinker, but anyhoooo!) I think in the past few years, I've only ever had a few glasses of wine, at the most! I actually can't stand (alcohol) now and being drunk

Then, I started practicing yoga on a very regular basis, and then I gave up on the weed! Though, I really don't have a problem with it at all .. it's a fun thing to do once in a while (and it makes listening to music seem so much more profound :ohmy: )

The crazy thing with the yoga is that, many a time, after class, you actually feel quite high and trippy! It made me realise that the body can actually produce very similar feelings of euphoria all on it's own :D

^^Plus, it doesn't make you feel lazy and inert .. and you don't put on weight from eating all the time :wink:

Re: Re: I've never been stoned....

Mr. BAW said:
Come on, Carlos, everyone does it....:lol:

347838479%7Ffp34%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A4596634%3Anu0mrj

:lmao:

mr.mackey.jpg

But seriously, I can't believe some of you are actually ENCOURAGING people to smoke/drink.

:|

I'm doing a pub crawl in Manhattan tomorrow......heading down at 10:15AM:ohmy:

there will be ganja and shrooms.......oh boy:huh:

Oh my this brings back memories of the 70's when everybody I knew got stoned. We once had the munchies so bad 4 of us ate a pillow case size bag of cheese puffs in one sitting. :huh: I'm afraid now of losing any of my brain cells that I need for when I'm really old to try pot again. My cats have a really bad nip problem though.

Bono's Doll said:
Oh my this brings back memories of the 70's when everybody I knew got stoned. We once had the munchies so bad 4 of us ate a pillow case size bag of cheese puffs in one sitting. :huh: I'm afraid now of losing any of my brain cells that I need for when I'm really old to try pot again. My cats have a really bad nip problem though.

I stared laughing when I read "ate a pillow":lmao: I was like :ohmy: whoaaa!

RedrocksU2 said:
No?....should I not do it? :shrug:
If you're referring to weed, then only do it if you honestly just want to try it once and are not being pressured into it in any way.

Being stoned...well you'll just want to eat a lot of pizza and Family Guy will be even funnier.

It's not something that I partake in often, maybe once every couple of months at a party.

Alcohol, on the other hand....

I haven't touched the stuff in two years because I started getting very paranoid when I smoked it...

but I think I'm somewhat naturally paranoid:shifty:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I haven't touched the stuff in two years because I started getting very paranoid when I smoked it...

but I think I'm somewhat naturally paranoid:shifty:
Dude shit where the house keys go.

Oh shit mann.

Damn I bet he took them.

No mannnnn.

Crap crap crap.

Shit.

Hmm, yeah. I guess I just took things too seriously. It's just that a few friends of mine, people I adore dearly, smoke pot and drink (yeah yeah, tons of people drink, but it's still a drug) regularly like it's no big deal. It just pains me to see them take it so lightly, the pot especially. My one friend especially, I guess I'm just worried she'll start experimenting with other drugs, and that's where the real scary stuff begins.

So yeah, I can miss a good joke every now and then. I just find myself having to act the voice of reason all too often with her. :(

Lancemc said:
Hmm, yeah. I guess I just took things too seriously. It's just that a few friends of mine, people I adore dearly, smoke pot and drink (yeah yeah, tons of people drink, but it's still a drug) regularly like it's no big deal. It just pains me to see them take it so lightly, the pot especially. My one friend especially, I guess I'm just worried she'll start experimenting with other drugs, and that's where the real scary stuff begins.

So yeah, I can miss a good joke every now and then. I just find myself having to act the voice of reason all too often with her. :(

I can completly relate to your post. I know of lot of people who got into pot and had thier lives get ruined. These people were capable of so much in lives but have been brought down by the drug. Drugs can be recreational but they can also be an escape. If pot is used with the latter intention than the drug can do horrible things to you.
Someone really dear to me got into pot because so many bad things started happening in her life. She could have had done anything in the world. After she started using pot, she became a defeatist and stopped believing in herself. She wanted to run from the hell she was living in only to build a worse one.
Where I live, most teens use drugs or excessively drink. I've known alot of people who use and have been adversely affected by it. So when I hear drug use taken lightly, I get a bad taste in my mouth and have a hard time handling it. I know that when people joke about it that it isn't anything more than a joke. Still, I really gets me. Where I live, Meth is the drug that eats away at the town's youth. People who live where there is a really bad drug problem might feel the same way as I do.
So, you're comment Lamcemc wasn't out of line. I might have said the same thing. I know people are joking around in this thread but it really is a serious thing for some of us. I applaud the fact that would say something even if it was out of place.

it's so true.

redrocks and the people who are joking around in this thread are people who know each other personally, and whose relationships go far beyond this message board. they are all mature adults who hold good jobs, raise children, maintain households, etc.

we aren't a bunch of teenagers who can't control themselves.

i'm sorry about those of you who've had bad experiences. some of us who are joking have had our own, but honestly, that kind of message just doesn't apply here.

Back
Top Bottom