I've never been stoned....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaveC said:
I was going to say the same, but I think it's probably a good thing for my own sake that I don't live in Holland. :hmm::uhoh:

I'd actually love to go to Holland...to see the windmills and traditional wooden houses. :rockon:

I'm Mr. Boring. :wink:

Galeongirl said:
:lmao: wow, we so live up to our country's reputation!

Yeah, who would have imagined that legalizing or decriminalizing pot would actually not have the majority of the country getting stoned but actually still making the same personal choice not to?! Perish the thought!

well.. it's still a big discussion here... :shrug: but I don't see the use in smoking pot... it might be fun for a while, but imo it's a waste of money... I don't need that stuff to have fun...

Well, everyone's got their little vices in life. For some folks it's chocolates or maybe a sip of wine. But, for others, it's smoking some weed. Which ain't so bad considering there's worse stuff out there that's legal. I'm sure you've seen the commercials. You know, the ones with "ask your doctor". Most people have a tendancy to waste money on something, so why not some smokey? I don't need it to have fun, but hey, who "needs" anything?

Some good pot won't set you back any more than a night drinking at the bar. Depends how much it takes to get you drunk though I guess. You're talking to Miss $5-and-I'm-done :wink:

MrPryck2U said:
Well, everyone's got their little vices in life. For some folks it's chocolates or maybe a sip of wine. But, for others, it's smoking some weed. Which ain't so bad considering there's worse stuff out there that's legal. I'm sure you've seen the commercials. You know, the ones with "ask your doctor". Most people have a tendancy to waste money on something, so why not some smokey? I don't need it to have fun, but hey, who "needs" anything?

Seriously :up: I dont need it to have 'fun'. I actually dont do it when I go out and 'party'. I do it when I'm chillin at home :wink:

MrPryck2U said:

I think your affinity for "smokey" explains your inability to choose a baseball team to root for. Clarity, ironically, at last.

RedrocksU2 said:

actually, that's the reason why I never did it. I rather spend money in good food. :shrug:

:love: dinner, you, me, good food?

:flirt:

yea I don't mind other people smoking it, just as long as they don't overdo it and don't harm others with whatever they do when they get high... friend of mine got beaten up by a bunch of kids in a bad trip... pretty shitty!

Galeongirl said:
friend of mine got beaten up by a bunch of kids in a bad trip... pretty shitty!

They were on something else, then.

There is no such thing as a "bad trip" that can be had off pot. That's pretty much the equivalent to having a "bad trip" when you're drunk. Being high from smoking weed is not qualitatively "good" or "bad". It just is. You've got control. You're blazed and that's it, what you do with it is up to you.

"Good" and "bad trips" are usually the result of hallucinogenic drugs, mushrooms, acid, PCP, etc. where you actually lose (at least some) control over your thought processes.

But hallucinogens are a whole different thread. :sexywink:

No spoken words said:

I think your affinity for "smokey" explains your inability to choose a baseball team to root for. Clarity, ironically, at last.

Spoken, you madman! You cannot be stopped. But, maybe you're right. I should choose one team. I can't help it though because I have so many memories of both NY teams.

Anyway, DaveC is right. The bad trips are for another thread. Nobody "trips" out on pot. Unless somebody laced the shit with something.

I remember back in the day at house parties where the drunks would get on the potheads for smoking, but in the meantime the drunks were the most obnoxious and sloppy. And they wasted way more money on beer and booze than we ever did on weed. Potheads are way nicer than alcoholics.

And anyways the whole spontaneous "good trip"/"bad trip" thing (you never know if you're going to have a good time or the nightmare of your life, either could happen any time) is made up by cops and teachers to scare kids off drugs.

If you take anything in a comfortable setting when you're in the right frame of mind (calm, content, and confident) and with familiar friendly people, you'll NEVER have a "bad trip". It's categorically impossible.

RedrocksU2 said:
My brother used to get stoned ALL the time, he would lock himself in his room for hours (Mom was at work) and all I heard was Led Zep music......and the smell would just come underneath his door..:lol:

and you didn't get a contact high at any point (that is, if you stood there long enough)?!? :lol:

:wink:

Seriously I dont need it to have 'fun'. I actually dont do it when I go out and 'party'. I do it when I'm chillin at home

Same. The only friend I want to have when high is music.

If you take anything in a comfortable setting when you're in the right frame of mind (calm, content, and confident) and with familiar friendly people, you'll NEVER have a "bad trip". It's categorically impossible.

I guess you're talking about hallucinogens here. No matter how familiar you are with people and places when on acid, it can all be ruined if someone puts some speed metal or grindcore on. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom