ive lived a fabulous life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
everything i could want, ever, provided.
moral and social grounding.
any material want. but not too extravagant.

but i have never seen the resolve that i am witnessing in an old friend right now.

three days ago she was paralysed from about the chest down.

i am utterly blown away.

i flew out here...i thought this was going to be the most heart wrenching thing ive ever watched. i really havent dealt with this type of situation.

but my time spent with her and her parents has been enriching, enlightening. nothing short of incredible.

these are about all the words i can form right now...im speechless otherwise...there isnt even an appropriate smiley.

Its amazing how one's life can change in an instant.

We need to live each day to the fullest.

:hug:

good luck to your friend kobe

I hope there is something they can do for her.
She has done something for you....and me.... when she's ready, tell her thanks.
And Sicy's brother John. Their strength and humour in such circumstance...has humbled me. I needed that.
I had a friend become paralysed as a side effect of chicken pox. It attacked his nerve sheaths, but they eventually regrew. Every moment of good health and every friend is precious.
I wish I had a big basket of endurance and strength to give to some friends right now.
Good luck mate.

I am so sorry for your friend.

Could be anyone of us tomorrow.

Enriching, enlightening? Tell us more.

I am so, so sorry Kobayashi

that amazed feeling, i think I know it. there are no words..

you and your friend will be in my prayers, I hope her resolve only grows stronger. good luck to all of you and again, I am sorry.

Wow. That is sobering. I'm really sorry.

I can kind of relate...the month my best friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer was the happiest month of my life because of how he handled it. He was singing and dancing in the hospital with his oxygen tank. I've never laughed so much in my life. Sometimes these experiences move people into a spiritual place that the rest of us can only imagine and watch and catch what we can. They start really living, you know?

Take care.

Koby,

Thank you SO MUCH for posting that. I'm so sorry for your friend, but it's really humbling and gives one much needed perspective to hear about someone who deals with such tragedy so very bravely.

I always enjoy reading what you have to say, by the way, thank you for your voice in the forum.

*hugs*

-Bluey

the special resolve of some

i remember the 92-93 maple leafs playoff run when douggie gilmour played most of the playoffs with a broken foot. he was the teams best, most determined player in spite of the pain...but lise is being way cooler than that even(that is one of the coolest performances i've ever seen)

she has made significant progress/there was a misdiagnosis to begin with.

in short she is no longer a quadrepelegic, rather it would appear she will eventually have the use of her entire upper body.

it is her firm belief in science that has allowed her prosper...but deep down inside im sure she would you tell you something different:)

Re: the special resolve of some

kobayashi said:
it is her firm belief in science that has allowed her prosper...but deep down inside im sure she would you tell you something different:)

hey, whatever works! :up:

Good news. Keep us posted. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom