I've had the same haircut for 18 years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
Well maybe a few less, but I haven't changed my hairstyle since I was young. (For reference I am 18.) Every single time I consider getting a new one, I am never able to make a decision and always get the usual.

I just recently had nearly a foot of hair cut off! I've had super long hair since forever. I went and donated it to Locks Of Love, they make wigs for pedatric patients who've lost hair due to cancer, and I got a super cute new hairstyle!

Let me tell you....I was beyond scared. She put it in a ponytail and was about to snip and said, "You sure?" I almost said no and then Beautiful Day come on in the salon....:heart:

Get your hair cut!

Last edited:
gah me too!
I've had the same haircut/hairstyle for 10 years....
and it's a plain old ponytail.
when I put my hair down people freak out and say I look pretty and I tell them to screw off :lol:

youtooellen said:
gah me too!
I've had the same haircut/hairstyle for 10 years....
and it's a plain old ponytail.
when I put my hair down people freak out and say I look pretty and I tell them to screw off :lol:
That sounds exactly like me. :lol:

I did get my hair cut fairly short last summer, but that 'style' lasted only for a few days. It was too high maintenance. I guess I'm afraid of getting my hair cut too... There's no going back once it's done. At least for a good few months.

All I want is a nice, semi-short, low maintenance cut. :madspit:

Mine is short and no maintaince (the advantages of being a guy I guess). I am planning to get it cut next week, I guess I'll maybe try and find a new style on the net, or ask the lady that cuts it for an idea.

I've had long hair (elbow length) pretty much my whole life (i'm 22). I think I'm going to cut it after I graduate this June. I figure it makes me look younger and unproffessional, plus I just think it's time for a change. I'm thinking about getting it cut a bit below the shoulder and maybe some bangs. I'm not going to tell anyone before I do it either, and they will all be so shocked that they'll have a heart attack ;).

Ever think of getting your hair colored?

Just recently I started cutting my own hair. I'm actually pretty darn good at it, and it saves me money. It's either self-inherited wisdom or childish behavior, but it works for me anyhow.

starsgoblue said:
I went and donated it to Locks Of Love, they make wigs for pedatric patients who've lost hair due to cancer

Locks of Love actually make wigs for children who suffer from alopecia or other conditions causing long-term or permanent hair loss, but most of the hair they receive is sold to commercial wigmakers.

I'm on the opposite side... i've tried a lot of cuts and hairdos. I don't like to color my hair completely with natural colors but i like to use partcially dyes with colors like red, purple, blue, contrasting with my dark natural color...

I just cut my hair very short about two weeks ago, before my graduation. I had it very long and i was tired of it although many people thinks that my long hair looks pretty and healthy :shrug:

meegannie said:

Locks of Love actually make wigs for children who suffer from alopecia or other conditions causing long-term or permanent hair loss, but most of the hair they receive is sold to commercial wigmakers.

I was told it was for children who have had any type of medical related hair loss.

:|:|

Well I still like my new hair cut...

One of my neices did Locks for Love. Her hair was cornsilk blonde and naturally curly. It was sad to see it go :sad: I hope it went for a good cause.

I have had the same hairstyle since I was a kid, and you know what? I don't care. For me, long, straight hair is maitenance free, I'd hate to have some cut up style that had to be curled every night or blow dried a certain way or it would look lame. I don't look good with it up or pulled back, so I just brush and go!

Lol! I'm the same! I'm 18 and never changed! I'm thinking about gettng some colour and a new style tho. your not alone in the whole Larry Mullen who never changes his hair thing!

I have to change my hair at least once a year or so.

I used to have a perm when I was a teenager, then I dyed it black for four years. Now it's back to its original color (thank god, the black was atrocious now that I look back at pictures :yikes: ) and I'm letting it go back to my shoulders.

Speaking of Larry and hair, he needs to cut that mullet, pronto. :|

Techie2000 said:
Well maybe a few less, but I haven't changed my hairstyle since I was young. (For reference I am 18.) Every single time I consider getting a new one, I am never able to make a decision and always get the usual.

:hyper: Do it, do it! If you don't like it it will grow back. I'm sure you will look handsome. Post a pic please.

Last edited:
ILuvLarryMullen said:
I've had long hair (elbow length) pretty much my whole life (i'm 22). I think I'm going to cut it after I graduate this June. I figure it makes me look younger and unproffessional, plus I just think it's time for a change. I'm thinking about getting it cut a bit below the shoulder and maybe some bangs. I'm not going to tell anyone before I do it either, and they will all be so shocked that they'll have a heart attack ;).

:hyper: Do it, do it! I did the same thing when I was in Uni. I went from really long hair to a bob that touched my shoulders. You should have seen my friends faces when they turned up at my house the next day. I wish I had a camera. :lmao:

I change my hair at least once every few months, I have to or I'd go crazy.

To me hair is one of the few things a person can do to aesthetically express themselves. Anyone can wear cool, unususal or funny clothes but no matter what someone else has that shirt. Hair is the only thing you're naturally given that you can play with.

Maybe I think too philosophically about these things sometime.:reject:

I had a fuschia/purple (depending on the day and what combination of dyes I used) semi mohawk (semi because sometimes -- ok often -- I didn't bother to put the gel in to spike it up) for three or so years. It was fun, but time consuming -- I used vegetable dyes and didn't bleach out my hair (which is brown) first so I had to put in the color every day to get the intensity I liked. But my hair stayed in better condition that way.

I still occasionally put a few purple, fuschia, or burgundy streaks in.

I have short, auburn hair. I've never had any gel or mousse or anything in it but shampoo my whole life. And, basically, it's the same haircut for the entirety of my life, 34 years.

What? I'm boring? Oh. :)

I just like the low/lack of maintenance. Oh, and my hairline is retreating worse than the French army, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

indra said:
I had a fuschia/purple (depending on the day and what combination of dyes I used) semi mohawk (semi because sometimes -- ok often -- I didn't bother to put the gel in to spike it up) for three or so years. It was fun, but time consuming -- I used vegetable dyes and didn't bleach out my hair (which is brown) first so I had to put in the color every day to get the intensity I liked. But my hair stayed in better condition that way.

I wanna see pics, I love mohawks:drool:

ooh that reminds me....I want to put some weird colors in it before i have to be a grown up and get a real job where they don't like weird hair colors :)!

indra said:

piccies piccies piccies piccies please :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom