I've Given My Guitar a Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EdgeIsTooSexy said:
TVC 15....does it stand for something? thats pretty random

Yeah, as Cori said, it's a David Bowie song. It's got completely non-sensical lyrics (the entire thing was written while Bowie was on crack) but still kicks ass. I love the title.

(Also, it's always spoken as T V C one five, not T V C fifteen.)

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, as Cori said, it's a David Bowie song. It's got completely non-sensical lyrics (the entire thing was written while Bowie was on crack) but still kicks ass. I love the title.

(Also, it's always spoken as T V C one five, not T V C fifteen.)

ah okay. obviously not a huge bowie fan here.

elevated_u2_fan said:
:tsk:

3 pages and not a single mention of "My Baloney has a first name"???

For shame people, for shame :shame:

I was going to say something, but then I knew you wouldn't be able to come in here and make us feel shameful for not mentioning it. I couldn't dare deprive you of that. That's just the kind of person I am.

DaveC said:
I named my first guitar after the girl who inspired me to start playing.

And this thread has inspired me to tell the story, but rather than bore the shit out of all of you, I'm going to post it in my journal where nobody will see it. :up:

ETA: Fuck that, it's 2:30 am. :yawn: The short version: My guitar's name is Sarah, and I started cause she had a boyfriend who played guitar in a band - I had a crush on her (she turned out to be my first serious crush - as close to love as I could have gotten at 14-15 years old, it lasted about 3 years) at church camp, and I decided to learn to play her a love song by the end of the week. Well, the only two songs I could find the chords to were Pride and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, so they were the first two I learned. I played ISHFWILF, and it sort of worked. At the time she told me it was great, that I should keep playing, but that she didn't feel the same - I found out about five years later when we ran into each other again, that it was the sweetest thing anybody'd ever done for her, and that the only thing holding her back from kissing me at the time was the boyfriend back home. :shrug: She said she had a crush on me for a couple years too, but decided to keep it a secret because it would complicate things too much for her.

Anyways, after camp I decided to stick with it, and after a year and a half of playing my dad's ancient piece-'o-shit classical guitar, I got an electric for Christmas and named it after Sarah.

I ran into her again about a month before Christmas when she came into the store where I work, she was with her boyfriend (not the same one), and he gave me the look of death - I think she'd told him about me, because when she introduced us, he could tell we were old friends, and he had a sort of shock of recognition on his face when he heard my name, so he dragged her off pretty fast. That was the last time I saw her.

That turned out to be a lot longer than I thought it would be. Good night.

awww...that's a good (but sad) story. too many things don't work out in life.

I don't have a name for my guitar...I guess I should. my iPod is named Strip Nacho.

LemonMelon said:
Yes, I know. I'm just terrible at naming things. :( :larry:

Call your guitar one of these:

The Enforcer
Chad
Pete the Chop
Motherfucker
Ass Kicker
Phil

Ive named my toy robot johnny 5.

Ive also named my dogs toy carrot Fiona.
johnny5.jpg

I didn't really name it, now that I think of it, since I don't call it TVC 15. I really just wrote those letters on there. That's about it.

But Pete the Chop is all kinds of awesome for a guitar named.

Back
Top Bottom