Its the big one WW.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sulawesigirl4 said:

Does anyone have recommendation for workout videos/dvds? I've heard about TurboJam but want to know more before I buy. I really just want something I can pop in for the length of time I have (10, 15, 20, 30, 45 minutes). Preferably something that feels like dancing and less like aerobic ala Jane Fonda. Any ideas?

I love love love Turbo Jam! I just got it recently and I actually kinda look forward to working out because of it. I like it alot more than Tae Bo!

Okay, I've been doing Yoga, I've tried it and really like it. I've been doing Namaste & have been DVR'ing everyday so I can do it when I have the time. I must say I've seen a difference in flexibility in just 4 days. I've been doing 30 minutes a day and feel really good. I've been sleeping like a baby too!

I do pilates matwork in the mornings and I do notice an increase in core strength as well as my abs getting (slowly) more toned and strong. I used to do yoga when I had a gym membership and always enjoyed that too.

I just need to have something to get my heart-rate up. I know I could go walk (and I could) but it can be so boring and hard to get out of the house. My thinking is that I know my basement is always cool (cold even) and I have a TV down there, so if I had a DVD that I actually enjoyed, I might actually use it.

starsgoblue, do you have a particular TJ disc that you like? Which one would be best for a beginner? They all look kinda expensive. :eek:

Cardio Party 1, 2, or 3 is fun. T3 or Punck, Kick and Jam. Really, you can't go wrong. They are all fun.

If you don't want a set or just want to try one to see if you like it, I would scope out Ebay. Perhaps start out with Cardio Party 1....it may be a bit tricky to jump in right away because there are some semi-specific 'moves' that are taught in an instructional section, but I think you would get the hang of it after a try or two.

Last edited:
I'm on the Weight Watchers At Work program, and I lost 6 pounds in the first week. Part of it was post-period weight loss, but the people at work made a big deal about it, which made me happy.

I'm not in the mood to eat much these days, so dieting isn't as tough as it would be if I was more in a munchy mood.

Good luck, JCoster and all the other dieting Interferencers!!!

:bump:

This morning at my meeting, I hit 45 total lost since I started in March. :D I feel really good, and what I'm loving about WW is that I don't feel deprived. I can eat what I like and still lose weight. yippee!

You guys are inspiring me. I've always been thin, and still am by most standards, but I'm in my 40s and the weight is shifting so it feels like I've gained weight/fat. My clothes don't fit right anymore and it's pissing me off, lol. I've been working out a bit like a freak since March, doing either pilates and/or the gym (weight training and cardio) nearly everyday. I feel great but the weight (i.e., the fat part) isn't budging. I'm incredibly strong, toned, my abs are rock hard, sometimes I don't even adjust the weights at the gym after a big guy has been using the machine. Perhaps my body is just saying "hey girl, this is your ideal weight." But I want to fit in my favorite jeans again. :sad:

I've been thinking about trying the raw foods diet. I've always viewed the raw fooders as extremists but lately I've been craving raw food. My life has been in yet another upheaval and the stress level high. After putting my cat on a raw food diet for petit mal seizures, he hasn't had another seizure since the very first bite of raw food (he was having seizures lasting for hours every day up until then), I'm kind of blown away by the healing that he's experiencing and it validates what I've read about raw foods. Apparently weight just falls off, too. I'm just wondering if it's too much prep work, not to mention boring (although you don't have to go totally raw to experience positive results, which is good cos I still need the occasional comfort food like macaroni & cheese). In any case, I'm pulling out the old juicer and getting back on vegetable juices as a first baby step.

And for all the dieters out there, I've been reading a lot about Celtic sea salt and incorporating it into my diet. I'm amazed by how hydrated I feel drinking Celtic sea salt water (not to be confused with the very bad for you regular table salt, or even basic "sea salt" that you buy at the health food store which apparently isn't good for you either). It aids in weight loss and hydrates you. You can read about it here: http://curezone.com/foods/saltcure.asp

Continued success, weight watchers! :up:

Last edited:
sulawesigirl4 said:
:bump:

This morning at my meeting, I hit 45 total lost since I started in March. :D I feel really good, and what I'm loving about WW is that I don't feel deprived. I can eat what I like and still lose weight. yippee!

Gosh, Sula, you've never been big!! :ohmy:
Congratulations though!! You must feel fantastic :)

This summer I started going to the gym for the first time since college (SEVERAL years ago now). And I'm not on a "diet" so to speak - I just eat less and try not to overdo the carbs and saturated fat. I'm losing about a pound a week. My goal is to continue until January and lose 30 lbs. I'm half way there and starting to plateau (I think), so I started spinning class today - kicked my butt but it was fun.

Good luck to us all.

Back
Top Bottom