It's Super Bowl Sunday...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
...and I used the day to prepare and file all my tax returns and did my federal financial aid renewal form.

lol...

Melon

i don't care about the Superbowl. i have not received my tax stuff yet. i doubt i will get a refund. i never do anymore, i always have to pay. i think the last time i did was back in 1997. i am going to seek help from HR Block down the street to see if they can do something about that for me this year. i want $$$$ back damnit!

Sicy said:
You should claim 0 to guarantee a return at the end of the year.

True, but then the government gets, essentially, an interest-free loan for 12 months. Putting the right exemption amount (i.e., "1" for single) will give you a smaller refund, but you get a larger paycheck every pay period.

I guess it is a tradeoff.

Melon

I'm missing the game cos I'm at work. Espn.com has been coming in handy for updates. Go Bucs!

*but really I'm pretending not to care cos I'm still pissed about my Steelers*

melo said:
True, but then the government gets, essentially, an interest-free loan for 12 months. Putting the right exemption amount (i.e., "1" for single) will give you a smaller refund, but you get a larger paycheck every pay period.

I guess it is a tradeoff.

Melon

Yes well, I had figured it out that if I claimed 1 I would get like an extra $40 on my paycheck every two weeks. I would much rather be guaranteed a nice tax return rather than risking having to pay.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think I'm doing mine next weekend. I hope I get something back, I probably will but it will be small since I only worked 2 weeks last year. :eek:

Uh how would you get a tax return if you didnt work?

FYI, if you qualify, you can file your taxes electronically for free. For instance, if you have an Adjusted Gross Income of $27,000 or less, you can file your federal and state income taxes through Intuit (TurboTax & Quicken creator).

http://www.taxfreedom.com

Melon

When I worked for two days in Kentucky over Christmas break during my last year of college, I got a tax return of like $1. :lol:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
A few people told me I will probably get something because when I filed for unemployment, I elected to have the tax taken out. So therefore, I got a W2 or whatever the hell they are, from both my job and the unemployment offices. :shrug:

I use the Quicken Tax Freedom thing to file my sister's taxes...and it just kills me that this year she's getting back $3,500 federal and $495 state :scream: when I never get a refund at all.

Its not fair I tell ya :mad:

Dad and I watched the Superbowl...I mostly watch for the commercials.

Taxes? My dad does mine for me. :)

I can't wait to do my taxes! It's like Christmas when I found out how much money I get back. :hyper: Except I have to file in both Maryland AND DC this year and I have to fill out the FAFSA and I have no idea how to get my loan. :der: :scream:

Back
Top Bottom