it would be so much easier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
to not give a damn about anything and just be totally ridiculously stupid, to the point where nothing matters anymore

i really believe that

So, what's stopping you? It's your life! your decision! Make it happen! If that's what you wanna do, do it!

I don't believe that at all and don't think you do either. To be human is to care - it's a part of who we are.

I've tried to not give a damn about anything but in the process it takes something very important away - YOU!

*hugs*

unless of course, you just want to live shoeless and fancy free and in that case - have at it!

WhackaMole said:
I don't believe that at all and don't think you do either. To be human is to care - it's a part of who we are.

I've tried to not give a damn about anything but in the process it takes something very important away - YOU!

*hugs*

I agree! My previous post I was trying to lighten the mood! Don't take it wrong, Babygrace! Hang in there and things may get easier

it's ok daafish, I didnt take that the wrong way. I know you both mean well and dont take this too seriously, it's just a statement, i wish it wasnt true but it is. i wish there were happy endings and that little place you find where you fit in, and perfect love but there isnt and it's easier to not have to worry about these things or deal with them, to not care at all about them.
*hugs* to both of you as well

heh...sometimes i try not to care, cause it makes me feel less emotionally strung out...but it's a very short term solution...sometimes ya just go through a tough time...hang in there girlie!

*hugs*

I wish I didn't care so much...but it's part of who I am. When you are that type of person, you can't just change. But just remember when you're being so considerate and caring of others and situations around you to not lose yourself along the way.

Baby Grace-

That statement represents a lot of what I've been thinking about recently. So many people in this world seem to take that outlook on life. It would be so easy just to live independently without a care for another being. Time after time I've regreted caring about people; at the worst possible time, it seems as though care and compassion backfires at you. The selfish people out there in the world seem to live easier, without a conscious thought for others, I suppose you could say. To have compassion takes effort.

I think I've come to the point to realize that essentially, everything you do in your life is not up to you. You are constantly influenced and affected by the actions' of other people. And rather than contribute to the mass of uncaring people, I'd rather go against the 'flow' and do what, at heart, I know is right. I think it is possible to live without other people, though it's something I wouldn't want to do. In order to live with people, you have to care about them and realize that they do matter. It's hard to get into the psychology of those who don't care about others, those who just act stupid.

If I were to no longer care, I would no longer be myself. That's something I would regret much more than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom