it was a bit silly..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Remember that disappointment I posted about when my work didn't get accepted to that exhibit? Well, I'm starting to think that was a bit silly. There are 26 artists at the studio and only four of us even got submitted. Only one got accepted. I should be proud that I was chosen by my teachers and the people they talked to about the submissions--they did consult a number of people about their selections. We are having an open house next week and our work will be on sale, there will be a book sold full of work by the artists, and I may be indulging in some serious ego tripping after that thing. Stay tuned! :wink:

I don't think it was silly. Any artist who puts heart and soul into his/her work is going to feel rejection of that work strongly.

But I'm glad you're bouncing back and hope the open house goes really well for you. :)

Well, I guess it wasn't silly. But I think I have it in perspective more. I did get chosen for the submission process, and one of our best artists did not. I used to never think I could be competitive with this particular artist, she's awfully good. And I think I may stick to local exhibitions. I haven't been shown a heck of alot around here, so I think I'll concentrate on local stuff. I love New York but I don't have to have my stuff shown there.

Back
Top Bottom