Is this weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
My mom thinks I have lost it ...

It all started with some pretzel sticks ... I had to line them up so they were all facing the same direction. My mom of course sees me doing this and of course asked me what I was doing.

This led to a whole discussion of my weird food eating habits ... For example I separate out colored candies (ie jellybeans, M&Ms, etc) by color and eat them in a certain order. I also like to eat my french fries in order by size, staring with the longest (seriously).

:coocoo:

I do the fry thing, but also extend it out to other foods that vary in size, like chips or strawberries. Sometimes smallest to largest, sometimes largest to smallest. I know, :reject:

On a side note, when my uncle was a child he used to seperate M&Ms out by color an eat them in a certain order because he thought the colors corresponded to different flavors. :lol:

I think there is a bit of autism in all of us. Very mild, but perhaps.
And this is not an insult to people with disabilities, or those who do such things...Just to clarify. Many people have some 'unusual' habits involving order and regime.
:hmm:

When I eat my Lucky Charms, I eat the oat pieces first and then sort the marshmallows by color. I eat each color group in one bite, in any order...except that the green clovers have to be eaten last. I also sort candies like M&Ms by color too.

Nah, it's not weird.

When I was younger, if I had a plate of fruit pieces or something, I'd have to take a little bite out of each one of them, eat all the bad ones first and keep the best ones til last. Now I just have to guess by looking which ones will taste nicest ...

i sort my m&m too, same with skittle or any other candy like that. I sort the french fries, but by eating the ones that look most perfect first. I do a lot of weird things with my food :coocoo:

Sam's family commented on how I eat my food in order. :laugh: I always eat things one by one instead of having a bite of one thing, then of something else. When something has more than one food in it, like vegetable soup, I eat each kind of vegetable individually. :huh: I'm never concious that I'm doing it, so if I realize I am, I stop and force myself to mix my foods. I do NOT want to be more OCD than I already am. :crack:

y'all are weird :coocoo:

don't ya know you're not supposed to play with your food!

j/k!

:tongue:

Yeah whenever I eat my food I can't mix things up like when I get a Hamburger and fries...I eat the Hamburger first then the Fries. Same with like Steak and baked potatoes...I eat the steak then the baked potato. :shrug:

I break chocolate bars in tiny little pieces and I eat one by one very slowly...
I used to sort NERD candies, eating the most big and perfect at the end...
I can't mix food...

BAW and I have a childhood habit of saving either a fry or chip as the last morsel of any meal (with fries or chips, of course!) :confused:

Doozer61 separates her food and can't have it touching another part of her meal! Gonna buy her a plate with dividers... :lol:

My Dad: You eat just like you did when you were about 4... like a pig!!!!

:reject:

I eat M&Ms, Skittles, Gummi Bears by color. I even eat what's on my dinner plate in order. I start with the simplest one (cream corn, string beans) and end with the big pieces (meat or a baked potato).
Hey, I arrange a lot of things by color, size, etc. My CD collection is in alphabetical and chronological order, my books go by size order. I don't think it means I'm strange or anything. I think it makes things a little fun and interesting.

I don't eat my french fries by size, but that gives me an idea :hmm:

Pearl said:
My CD collection is in alphabetical and chronological order

so is it cross-referenced or what? heh...

seriously though, i do the same, but mostly for taste reasons. if i know i like something better than the rest, i'll save a bite or two of it for last so i can leave the table with that taste in my mouth. other than that i'm pretty much a eat a bite of this, eat a bite of that type.

so what i'm saying is i'm not ocd, but i am a perfectionist...

originally posted by Stories for Boys
so is it cross-referenced or what? heh...

No, it means my CDs go by artist alphabetically. If there's more than one CD by an artist, then I arrange it according to release. For example, obviously U2 is at the bottom, with Boy as the first and Best of as the last (for now).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom