Is this possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another U2 nut!

Acrobat
Ok, I had a flat mate/room mate/person-living-to-share-rent for about 7 weeks who was more of a U2 nut than me (I'm pretty hardcore you know), and she always played U2, and had pictures of Bono all over the house, and would walk around talking about Bono. I only ever listened to U2 in the car, or would put a concert on DVD when I was cleaning.

But now, she's moved out, and I think I'm sick of U2!!! I don't know why, but I just don't get a kick from listening to their music. I don't relish listening to their stuff. I've had the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in my cd player for a week! I didn't even buy Vertigo til Thursday!

What is happening? Has my ex flatmate killed my love of U2, and will it come back? I'm hoping the new album (which I've preordered) will help!

it's a normal thing. nobody can be obsessed with a band for very long, no matter how good. listening to other stuff is only natural. give it time -- once HTDAAB comes out i don't doubt a whole bunch of fans will come back.

I think you had a bit of a burnout. And you kow it's different when you are listening to what you want to hear and how you want to hear it. When you have to hear what someone else wants to listen to, even if it is the same band you like...well, sometimes that just gets old fast. I wouldn't worry about it.

Interference.com is a breeding ground for U2 burnout, although that's of no fault of its own. It just happens when you're surrounded by all U2 all the time.

Listen to other stuff, and if you happen to like it better than U2, don't feel guilty. After all, it isn't as if you owe them anything; they're all fithy rich anyway.

I'm sort of a U2 burnout, but I am still looking forward to the new album. I just probably won't listen to it incessantly, as I would have before.

Melon

My bet is once you get their album, make plans for a concert, you'll be back!! Use this down time to discover some really great music. Sometimes it's hard to do when your U2 obsession is in high gear.

I've been a U2 fan for 21 years, and it sort of comes and goes. I've gone through periods when I haven't been into the band as much as I am at other times, and this is pretty much par for the course. I wouldn't worry about it.
*edited due to a spelling screw-up*

It is possible! But I wouldn't sweat it or anything. Go off and explore other sounds and music. There is so much wonderful music out there, in just about every genre imaginable.

U2 can be your favorite, but listening to other stuff keeps you from being an addict. I am known amongst my friends as "the U2 freak", but I am very knowledgable on all walks of music so I can easily and fluently converse with friends about pretty much anything (if only they would experience U2 out of respect for me:mad: )

Back
Top Bottom