Is this a sin? I have to know!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neverman

The Fly
I am not a catholic..or really any religion for that matter.....I grew up in a catholic neighborhood in Detroit, but have since moved to Salt Lake City (NO not mormon)
I keep a rosary on my rearview mirror, and a St. Francis statue in my backyard to remind me where I come from...but I keep having temptations to put devil horns on St. Francis and take a picture of him tahe way with the title "St. Francis MacPhisto"

Ummmmm would that be a sin? just curious :)

Hahaha! Only if god doesn't have a sense of humour. :wink:

Did you steal Tanya, Doozer's pot????
:ohmy:

Someone tried to baptise that poor pot in a similar sick and twisted act of blasphemous criminality!!!!

HEATHEN!!!!!!!!

It's a sin. In fact, having even thought of it means you're going to hell.

And now that I've read it, I'm going to hell as well. thanks.:|

Hmm........ and one of my threads got moved because I was happy about finding my sunglasses......... :huh:

I like it how people ask if something is wrong to other people.
It doesn't matter what other people think, only what you think.

But then again, don't even listen to me, because it doesn't really make a difference, now does it.

:macdevil:

"I must be....
An Acrobat
To talk like this
And act like that
But you can dream
So dream out loud...

For Honor said:
Hmm........ and one of my threads got moved because I was happy about finding my sunglasses......... :huh:
it got moved because it wasn't a confession.

this forum is about serious confessions only, please don't try to steer things off topic. your whole post has nothing to do with the topic at hand. if you don't have anything to contribute to the topic at hand, please don't post in the thread.

For Honor said:
I like it how people ask if something is wrong to other people.
It doesn't matter what other people think, only what you think.

But then again, don't even listen to me, because it doesn't really make a difference, now does it.

To elaborate on what I meant.............

Can anyone really ask anyone else if something is a sin?

That answer comes from within. You can check the bible, you can ask the pope. But I think deep down the answer comes from within. It's kind of like asking someone else "what do I want to eat for dinner?" in some ways.

Are you putting the horns in it maliciously, or just in good humor?
Are you worshiping the devil or something?

And I guess......... if you really want to ask someone, shouldn't you ask god?

And at the end, I concluded with
"But then again, don't even listen to me, because it doesn't really make a difference, now does it", because, if you take my advice - that you shouldn't look for answers like that from outside of yourself - I am in fact negating my statment. :huh:

So, actually, my post was relevant to the topic.
But I understand how that can be misinterpreted, or come off wrong.

(however, I will accept that my sunglasses post from the past was perhaps not meant for ZC, and have no quarrel with it having been moved)

lol!

Well, Catholicism emphasises that the statue is not the saint, it's there to help to you talk to them through prayer... so perhaps, if you don't use the statue as a medium for prayer, it's more statue than icon anyway... so you can get away with it? Anyhoo, I'm Catholic and St. Francis was (is...) my confirmation Saint, and I'm not offended... and anyway, Francis had a sense of humour, I'm sure he won't mind!

Maybe you could drop some crumbs out for the birds, or top up a birdbath, or any other kinda token gesture?

LOL! True. And that might be a picture you'd have to post! World's most random avatar...

joerags said:
Go for it..

(there's no such thing as God)

I'm sorry my man but you don't know that and I don't know if there is, you either believe it or you don't kinda like the way I'm still waiting for Elvis to return while others are sure he's dead:wink:

There definitely is a God.

my reason? my daughter Daisy, and im alive today.

Why do you have these items in your car/backyard? Do they play a part in your spiritual life? Are you trying to say something to God by altering the statue?

The only sin that sends you to hell is rejecting Jesus Christ.

this isn't fym, so let's not turn this into a debate thread by coming into a thread and saying there is no god. please keep your opinions on whether there is or isn't a god to another thread.

Palace_Hero said:
This will have to do, my access to FYM is unfairly limited.

He who doesn't listen to the mods gets a boot in the arse. :yes:

Ya gotta remember that.

Back
Top Bottom