Is it possible to get a beautiful girl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Windmilllane said:
Of course all pretty girls are shallow.

Just think for moment:

You a girl. You are pretty. You can be a model, that's how pretty you are. You see an average or ugly looking guy, and you think, "Yuck. Why would I go out with you?? :yikes: You are ugly. I am a beautiful. I want a guy who is just as hot as me."

The same goes for all women, for that matter. If they see an average or ugly guy, they will say, "why waste my time? I can do way better than this dorky loser."

And there you have it. My experience with women.

What a wind up! and what a lot of wind indeed! Try harder next time. :tsk:

Windmillane, you know what's ugly? Your attitude. Grow up! You're right, I, and none of my friends, would ever give someone like you a chance. And guess what? I have NO CLUE what you even look like. You apparently have no respect for yourself, which to me is THE BIGGEST turn off, and little respect for anyone else.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Windmillane, you know what's ugly? Your attitude. Grow up! You're right, I, and none of my friends, would ever give someone like you a chance. And guess what? I have NO CLUE what you even look like. You apparently have no respect for yourself, which to me is THE BIGGEST turn off, and little respect for anyone else.

:applaud:

Got Philk? said:

ha! Agreed.

Listen. Let me tell you my situation. I am a 23 year old man who is hairy, has a big belly, and cannot drive a car legally because of medical reasons. Yes this means I take the bus or have to have my girlfriend pick me up inconveniently. Yet, I have a beeeeeaaautiful girlfriend who is smart and can be found often on weekends looking hot in her bikini laying in the sun. It's all in your attitude. If you think you suck, then yes...you will suck. :shrug: I guess you all can't be as smooth as me though. :sexywink:

he is right. he is very ugly yet has a beautiful girlfriend. i dont understand it but it gives hope to the rest of us :wink:

If you think pretty girls are so awful why do you even want one in the first place?
Your reasoning is totally flawed. You admire a girls looks and then look down on her for them.
Theres no way you are getting anywhere with reasoning like that.
Thats me in my avatar. Some people have called me pretty. I dated a guy that would be considered less attractive than me for over 2 years. I liked him because he was nice and treated me well.
Now you can either call me ugly or admit that not all girls are shallow :shrug: Its your choice but theres really only two ways to go with that.

Chizip said:

he is right. he is very ugly yet has a beautiful girlfriend. i dont understand it but it gives hope to the rest of us :wink:

You're both wrong b/c he's not ugly and I'm not beautiful!

...I just thought of something......Windmilllane, if ALL pretty girls are "shallow", why are you so obsessed with hooking up with one?

1. you're wrong
2. even if you WERE right, you make no sense

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:applaud:

Well said!!

April,
I wish you guys had stayed for the 2nd concert. Lies left to go look for bono for about 3 hours and I sat in my chair. It was like 97 degrees where she was and Bono wouldn't have even said hi to me. I liked the shade. Anyway, I had to deal with chizzle all day instead. :nerd: Just kidding chip.

And Chip, I kept trying to get your attention during the second show but you were rocking out so much!

Again, changing subject here, but I'll bring it back now...hot girls...:drool:

:huh:

Oy Vey!
How this type of topic DOES hit a nerve.
I originally answered in a tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic way.
("I hear ya brother!")
I mean, I DO know the frustration.
... the song "Creep" by Radiohead comes to mind (talk about a homely sort. That lead singer looks like Martin Short vs. a Mack truck... But I bet he's got a "hot babe" by his side)

In the end... to the "enlightened soul", what truly matters is the beauty that one possesses within...

And I must be an acrobat to talk like this and LUST like that.

For me (a "genetically challenged" man when it comes to physical good looks) this has always been a problem.
See, I was always the pretty girl's "best friend"... The one they'd come to, cry on my shoulder about how rotten their boyfriend was to them, say, "Gee, you're such a good friend!" then run back to the "dangerous and exciting" pretty boy that would treat them like shite.

I WAS "Duckie" but I never got the beautiful blonde at the school dance! Damn you John Hughes!!

boo hoo.
Such is life.

Again, "acrobatics" at work here because, as a typical man, physical attraction is what first gets my attention when it comes to the opposite sex.
So, I have in turn not given some women "a chance" because the initial "spark" was not there.
Guilty as charged. I reap what I sow.I get what I choose.

It seems the purpose of this thread was just to "bitch & moan" and not really look for answers or wisdom.
It always amazes me how upset some folks get in this forum over a perfect strangers imperfect comments.
What did Jung say,"...what bothers you about other people is what actually bothers you about yourself... what you have in you that is unresolved"

... and I must be an acrobat to preach like this and get angry like that.

(BTW, DAAFISH,

noticed the rendering on your signature. That is excellent! Is it your work? Good job my friend)

Last edited:
u2bonogirl said:
pish posh. I dont remember what he looks like but i do know that youre beautiful!

I can confirm, after seeing them on the 21st, that they are both lovely.

:wink:

Anyway, no matter what you look like confidence is key. Lord knows I'm not beautiful but I have confidence in myself.
I hate it when people constantly put themselves down. It makes "attractive" people unattractive imo.

trash con said:
(BTW, DAAFISH,

noticed the rendering on your signature. That is excellent! Is it your work? Good job my friend) [/B]

Thx! That is my work. It happens to be a rendering of my stunningly beautiful girlfriend - who looks amazing in low rise jeans and a belly shirt I might add. :tongue:

I myself am only average looking but my skills on the salsa floor is what helpd to start the relationship. :sexywink: Wind, you have to throw away your presumptions and be confident in your strengths

WildHoneyAlways said:

Anyway, no matter what you look like confidence is key. Lord knows I'm not beautiful but I have confidence in myself.
I hate it when people constantly put themselves down. It makes "attractive" people unattractive imo.

That about sums it up.

I was hardly what anyone would have called beautiful as a teenager...big nose, frizzy hair, etc. but I never lacked for male attention. I always had a boyfriend (sometimes more than one) and can't ever recall being dumped more than once or twice. My looks may have stopped a few guys from getting to know me but the ones that did usually ended up smitten with me because they saw more than what I had on the outside. I knew I had to try a little harder than the conventionally pretty girls but it usually paid off...I had a pretty damn good social life.

I've sort of grown into my looks I guess and even though I'm still not a great beauty, I don't think I would have a problem meeting men (if I was single, LOL).

Confidence in yourself is key...looks are only an issue if you make them an issue.

Got Philk? said:
April,
I wish you guys had stayed for the 2nd concert. Lies left to go look for bono for about 3 hours and I sat in my chair. It was like 97 degrees where she was and Bono wouldn't have even said hi to me. I liked the shade. Anyway, I had to deal with chizzle all day instead. :nerd: Just kidding chip.

And Chip, I kept trying to get your attention during the second show but you were rocking out so much!

Again, changing subject here, but I'll bring it back now...hot girls...:drool:

That would have been fun, but damn that thing called work. :mad: :)

I told you, Bono would have probably pulled you up on stage!

Chip wouldn't even give me a DD wristband, he said they were only for "special people". :sad:

LOL

Windmilllane said:

I admire her from afar.

But it's useless. Why even bother trying to know her. She will just brush me off, thinking, "Why are you even talking to me. Don't you know that you are WAY out of my league?"

This isn't high school pal. There aren't "leagues" and crap like before. Now, it's all about money, power, personality, and looks. Probably in that order.

Not that I can change your mind or anything; I'm just throwing that out there. :wink:

ah windmill...you have bitched about this before. i can understand this, because i have some of those same issues where i think im not the greatest looking...but at the same time, i've never had a problem attracting some really nice looking guys. what makes them ugly to me is their personality and negative attitude. i hope you find peace within yourself.

Bono's American Wife said:

I was hardly what anyone would have called beautiful as a teenager...big nose, frizzy hair, etc. but I never lacked for male attention. I always had a boyfriend (sometimes more than one) and can't ever recall being dumped more than once or twice. My looks may have stopped a few guys from getting to know me but the ones that did usually ended up smitten with me because they saw more than what I had on the outside. I knew I had to try a little harder than the conventionally pretty girls but it usually paid off...I had a pretty damn good social life.

same here... but i've seen your pics and you look great :)...

I've never been the most beautiful girl in the room... but I know that I have good things to show, and I won't left them behind just because i'm not a hottie. It is better to know that a guy likes you because you are charming and smart, and not because you have a good pair of tits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom