Inside Broadcast VII: An Ode To The Permabanned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
are we all on the same number of posts per page? cos the first post in the link is reggie talking about something no one probably cares about anyway. so i'm lost and confused.

:sad:

No, that link was probably designed for 15 posts/page instead of 30. So I went back into the thread and saw that people referred to that now-banned alter as Zoots. 'Nuff said.

Now, when will the real Zoots get banned. Place your bets!
:corn:

No, that link was probably designed for 15 posts/page instead of 30. So I went back into the thread and saw that people referred to that now-banned alter as Zoots. 'Nuff said.

Now, when will the real Zoots get banned. Place your bets!
:corn:

Thanks Mart. Bets, huh? Zoots WAS on my thumbs up list until he called me thick! :madspit:

I needed it spelled out for me, too. :thick:

Thicker than, apparently! Still, rather be a vagina than a whale sized dick, right?
:sexywink:

I just love logging on and finding a fresh banning in the morning! :D

Yay!! :)

Crap! Double post. :angry:

Didn't think I hit the post button twice.

Oops! :uhoh:

Finally, they banned this person. I can't believe he stuck around this long. The Mods were pretty patient with this individual. They gave him plenty of rope to hang himself.

Quick Reminder: Its very pathetic to get banned.

Finally, they banned this person. I can't believe he stuck around this long. The Mods were pretty patient with this individual. They gave him plenty of rope to hang himself.

Quick Reminder: Its very pathetic to get banned.

Yeah, how dare he express his negative opinions about the album in a thread about negative opinions! So pathetic, compared to the people who like the album but still feel the need to come into a thread meant for discussing negative opinions.

Yeah, how dare he express his negative opinions about the album in a thread about negative opinions! So pathetic, compared to the people who like the album but still feel the need to come into a thread discussing negative opinions.

Actually it's more that he ONLY had his negative opinion to voice. All he did was stir shit, I don't see the purpose of people like that. If you don't like the band, don't go to a U2 forum.

Yeah, how dare he express his negative opinions about the album in a thread about negative opinions! So pathetic, compared to the people who like the album but still feel the need to come into a thread meant for discussing negative opinions.

Would you like his phone number? You could go out for coffee and chat about all the shit music U2 makes. :cute:

While I do think the now banned poster was a troll, many of the people who like or love the album but post in that thread are incredibly annoying and rude too. From the number of posts in that thread you'd think a whole bunch of people here hate the album, but when you actually look you find it's mostly a few people having a pissing contest. :rolleyes:

Just like there are plenty of negative nancy's in all of the appreciation threads as well. It's a never ending argument.

Just like there are plenty of negative nancy's in all of the appreciation threads as well. It's a never ending argument.

That's a good point. I've not been in the negative thread before the banning, but there are a lot of people in there who don't hate the album at all. I don't get why they're there. The title says it all.
The same for the thread about people NOT listening to the leaked album and still waiting, what's the use of posting in there that you've listened to it and it's omgwtfbbqawesome and blah blah blah. Or even post your email in it and blatantly request the leaks. :doh:

Are people just lazy? can't they read properly? Or do they not give a damn and just want to spout their opinion whenever, wherever?

I'm lost.

Are people just lazy? can't they read properly? Or do they not give a damn and just want to spout their opinion whenever, wherever?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

:yes:

internet-duty.png

Would you like his phone number? You could go out for coffee and chat about all the shit music U2 makes. :cute:

lol I don't even think that U2 makes shit music. In fact, I haven't even listened to the new album yet. So I don't know if it is good or bad. I just find it odd that there is a bias against people with negative opinions on U2. While this fellow may have been a troll, you cannot deny that there is a bias here against people who always criticize U2 as opposed to those who always sing their praises no matter what.

While I do think the now banned poster was a troll, many of the people who like or love the album but post in that thread are incredibly annoying and rude too. From the number of posts in that thread you'd think a whole bunch of people here hate the album, but when you actually look you find it's mostly a few people having a pissing contest. :rolleyes:

Yup! And the person who doesn't even have any criticism for the new album had the second highest post count in that thread, like somebody pointed out. :huh::|

Or do they not give a damn and just want to spout their opinion whenever, wherever?

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

lol I don't even think that U2 makes shit music. In fact, I haven't even listened to the new album yet. So I don't know if it is good or bad. I just find it odd that there is a bias against people with negative opinions on U2. While this fellow may have been a troll, you cannot deny that there is a bias here against people who always criticize U2 as opposed to those who always sing their praises no matter what.

Maybe because this is a U2 fansite? :hmm:

You said it yourself really... "people who always criticize U2"

that's a different thing than people who are u2 fans and voice opinions both negative and positive... just my opinion though I guess! :wave:

There is a difference between expressing your negative opinions eloquently and expressing them in a trollish fashion.

While this fellow may have been a troll, you cannot deny that there is a bias here against people who always criticize U2 as opposed to those who always sing their praises no matter what.

Sure there is a bias here, on a U2 fansite against people who always criticize U2. In fact this is specifically addressed in the FAQ as something that is not permitted. I'm sorry that this seems odd, although I'm not sure why it does. I suppose you could also say there is a bias against someone who signs up to spam. :shrug:

What do I have to do wrong to get a warning or banned from the forum?

If you register on this forum solely to say negative things about U2 or other members of the forum, you may be immediately banned.
And it's not as if we're just going into that thread banning everyone in it for not liking the album. Not everyone there is posting like this person did. I think Sicy stated several reasons in her IB post, anyone who truly thinks this is for "expressing negative opinions in a negative thread" could go read all of Sicy's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom