Inside Broadcast VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That one was obvious by 2nd post.

Hint: If you are an alter acting like a newbie don't make your 2nd post in FYM bashing interference. Also don't talk about Mercy like it's a well known song, come in and be like, "what's this Mercy song I keep hearing about?"

BonoVoxSupastar said:
*This is by no means meant to offend those that play games or drool over Bono's crotch.

caveman.jpg

too late :tsk:

ramblin rose said:
As long as I've been on this board, no real member (excludes spammers or previously banned members trying to return) has gotten suspended or banned because of one incident.

No. Sorry. Wrong.

absintheminded said:
So much drama.
But really, this is not our board or our forum, WE members don't have to work hard to keep this forum up and running...so we cannot devour and tear apart the rules just because we might not always agree with them.
I disagree with that. I think that message boards are a combination of the owners and the members.

You can have all the bandwidth in the world, but if there's no one pulling shenanigans or contributing to discussion, you have, uh, this.

Canadiens1160 said:
You can have all the bandwidth in the world, but if there's no one pulling shenanigans or contributing to discussion, you have, uh, this.

This made me laugh:

BACK TALK
BACK TALK - Meaningful discourse welcomed here including topics that may become heated. Post here but remember the Rules Apply.

Canadiens1160 said:
I disagree with that. I think that message boards are a combination of the owners and the members.

and I disagree with that. You dont own this board. You have no authority to set policy, rules, etc. Its up to the board owner and who the owner puts in charge of enforcing the rules. Its not a right to be here. Anyone can leave on their own accord at any time. In fact I suggest that anyone that finds what happened this week so appalling should probably leave because I dont think policy is going to change and personally I dont want it to.

I agree that part of what makes this board is the high traffic and some of the good people here. But why is that? Because the board is handled very well. If the rules were not enforced this place would not be as popular. If it was nothing but constant attacks and trolling all over people would not stick around. I dont know if any of you remember U2Universe which was around right before Elevation. Had decent traffic but no real rules or moderation enforcement. It basically imploded on itself. I would never want to see that happen here.

Of course we don't own the message board :rolleyes:

Now, can we get back to discussing whether Steve Perry is better than Steve Augeri?

Blue Room said:
I dont know if any of you remember U2Universe which was around right before Elevation. Had decent traffic but no real rules or moderation enforcement. It basically imploded on itself. I would never want to see that happen here.
ha! i remember that, i hadn't thought of them in forever. but you're right, it pretty much kind of went away. i stopped going there in 2000 and went back a few months later to see if anyone was left and it was totally dead.

Blue Room said:

If it was nothing but constant attacks and trolling all over people would not stick around

Your entire post makes good points but just to clarify this point a bit :) -well certain people/certain types of people would stick around.

Blue Room said:

Because the board is handled very well. If the rules were not enforced this place would not be as popular. If it was nothing but constant attacks and trolling all over people would not stick around.

I realize that you seemed a bit annoyed with the member before this (e.g. old ON gathering thread), so that could explain your long posts on this topic.

I do agree about enforcing the personal attacks (as I've been on the receiving end once or twice a while ago) and obvious trolling. I personally thought the scalping thread had more offensive terms (several times) used than the "last straw" post in this case.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Your entire post makes good points but just to clarify this point a bit :) -well certain people/certain types of people would stick around.

My point being, this place would not be as popular as it is if it were allowed. ALOT of people would not stick around. I guess I should have clarified that as that is what I meant. :)

ntalwar said:

I realize that you seemed a bit annoyed with the member before this (e.g. old ON gathering thread), so that could explain your long posts on this topic.

I do agree about enforcing the personal attacks (as I've been on the receiving end once or twice a while ago) and obvious trolling. I personally thought the scalping thread had more offensive terms (several times) used than the "last straw" post in this case.

Sort of part of it. Generally I tried to steer clear of threads that individual was involved in. But it was unavoidable at times. It was just very obvious what they were doing intentionally and yes I did and do think its ridiculous and not only because it was against the rules. He pushed the envelope with it for a long time and was warned many times. Then the mods finally take action after being more than patient with it and about 10 people act like its some type of travesty of justice. That is what I found/find ridiculous at this point. The mods did not deserve the crap they got for a "temporary" banning of a member that has been asking for it for over a year.

Often, I feel the only thing more ridiculous than the bannings are the little fits people throw about them. Even if mods did ban unfairly (which I don't believe they do, at least not from what I've seen in 5 years here), who cares? It's just an Internet message board. I've said this before in FYM, I never see the people who are really outspoken about how poorly the mods do their job ever volunteering to help out. In my time here, I've seen the mods make threads asking for volunteers to become new mods on several occasions, but the complainers never volunteer, they just lurk until an opportunity to bitch and moan presents itself.

Blue Room said:

Sort of part of it. Generally I tried to steer clear of threads that individual was involved in. But it was unavoidable at times. It was just very obvious what they were doing intentionally and yes I did and do think its ridiculous and not only because it was against the rules. He pushed the envelope with it for a long time and was warned many times. Then the mods finally take action after being more than patient with it and about 10 people act like its some type of travesty of justice. That is what I found/find ridiculous at this point. The mods did not deserve the crap they got for a "temporary" banning of a member that has been asking for it for over a year.

dude, you've already abused this opportunity more than enough to lick ass.

Copy said:

dude, you've already abused this opportunity more than enough to lick ass.

It's posts like that that make people like me, and perhaps others, sick of what goes on around here and some of the prevailing attitudes and high school (or lower) atmosphere. No need to insult someone and be rude just because the person in question is your friend.

My comments here have nothing to do with "licking ass" and neither do his. We have the right to say them without your sort of comments.

There were threads previously which asked for new mods?

Sicy, talk to me :hmm:

You're so nice Bonochick, I was going to tell him to search himself. :wink:

Bonochick said:

Yes, although I think it has been awhile since we've had one, since our staff has seemed to be of an adequate size, for the most part. I did a quick search and found these:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57190

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84644

Those, and I think there were threads asking for nominations/volunteers/opinions in FYM before Fizz and Yolland became mods. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

Also, the mods are very easy to contact and have always responded to me (usually within minutes) when I've contacted them. Personally, waiting for someone to get banned to publicly air dirty laundry just seems childish to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom