Inside Broadcast VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replying from the last thread...

Chizip said:

But why is this? Why would a Ryan Adams board be so much different than a U2 board? Are U2 fans so much more sensitive than Ryan Adams fans where we have to be more strict and careful about what we say? Is an uptight enviroment really what we are going for here? Out of the few boards I post on, Interference is definitely the most tightly controlled. And while it definitely has it's benefits, there are some drawbacks as well. Fun can be a good thing.

The board owner was always relaxed, there were really no rules. Eventually, he had to make some...but it's still pretty relaxed. In fact, it's so relaxed that Ryan Adams has actually said he wishes to no longer be associated with us and he's sorry he ever posted there because of some things that have been said. We had to get a new domain name that didn't involve Ryan. That's what happens when you have such a relaxed board. :wink:

Interference may have a lot of rules and be more strict, but I think we have an environment that we can be proud of. I have no shame in having this site in my internet history. As for the "Ryan" board...can't say that. I like it there, but some stuff is just really out of line.

Yes...and the conversation would be something like this...only with really bad spelling. :wink:

"Yeah, that's REAL original."

"Wow, you're so smart, nobody's ever thought of that before. Why don't you just go :censored: yourself and eat some :censored: :censored:."

"Who likes Tang???"

"I am sooooo drunk."

"Bryan's not really that bad, you guys."

"SHUT UP, YOU :censored:, NOBODY CARES, JUST GO :censored: WITH A :censored: AND YOUR :censored:."

"Hey, guys, kind of not related, but I just got a kitty today! He's soooooooooooo cute!"

"omgz, I loooooooooooove Tang!"

"Shut your ugly face, nobody even likes you, why are you still posting here???? :censored: "

~~~

Really, that board is NOT a good place for newbies. I always feel sorry when new people introduce themselves, I fear they'll be eaten alive. I'm glad we're not like that. :yikes:

MrsSpringsteen said:

Well even hypothetically speaking I still disagree- what constitutes "most" of the board and how do you know that? Fact is you'd be assuming unless you took a genuinely anonymous poll of the entire membership. The mods' job is to enforce the rules without worrying what any one member thinks let alone any group or any alleged majority. Mods here are not like politicians who are elected by constituents and are beholden to them to carry out their wishes. The person who owns the board picks them and they have to be neutral in doing their job. And it doesn't even matter if you're paying for it, that's the way it is.

Still being hypothetical, "most" of the board would be like all 100 top posters. Basically, the people who contribute the most to the forum.

I see your points, even if I don't agree with all of them, and I think we should just agree to disagree :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I should pull a George Costanza and try and get myself banned :hmm:

I'll go streak in my beige bodysuit and post it everywhere :macdevil:

I'll be Bodysuit Guy

Sorry I ever doubted you, bodysuit guy...

My $.02:

1-All this hullabaloo will die down after a couple of days and everything will go back to "normal" ... :| Whatever the fuck that is...

2- A troll is a troll is a troll.

I'm certainly not going to say U2Man or Brau were terrible people or anything but allot of their comments were uncalled for at least IMO, I realize that they were the "spice" in the sauce, if you will :wink:
But that shouldn't completely excuse them for their actions. For those who have used the forums for a while, its' nothing new and can easily be ignored but for newbies it can be rather shocking and off-putting and that's not very fair to them I feel...

LemonMacPhisto said:

Still being hypothetical, "most" of the board would be like all 100 top posters. Basically, the people who contribute the most to the forum.

I completely disagree, "most of the board" should never be the people who contribute most to the forum. There are people here who post very little who contribute in very good and positive ways and well..I'll just leave anything else unsaid. The fact that any 100 people have the time and/or inclination to be the most frequent contributers should not give them any more power or say or leeway than any other member would have. I really hope people here don't believe in that, or in anything else making anyone here more important.

That would be a perfect example of a popularity contest.

Woah, this all really blew up out of all proportions, twas only a suspension...u2man will be back i'm sure, it is not like he will be gone forever, then the mods will put up with him for another 2 years and he will be suspended again, the circle of life continues:wink:

That said Brau and u2man are possibly the biggest 'big name' posters i've seen banned here.

All the doggy avatars are very cute though:love:

LemonMacPhisto said:

So the person who spends all day in the "person below me" threads or posting :drool: after every Bono crotch shot racking up 100+ posts a day are contributing the most to Interference?

Come on?

*This is by no means meant to offend those that play games or drool over Bono's crotch.

:lol: When you're used to it, and you know people there, it just seems natural. But, like I said, I feel sorry for new people. :laugh: I try to be nice and not pick fights or anything, but I did make what I considered a friendly joke that upset somebody once...here are some things she posted about me:

you don't even know me fuckin bitch!

your judgements and ill will and hostility belie your pooooor sense of character, morals and personality.

that was nasty nasty nasty!

I agree. totally. but some of the supposedly 'cool' people here...like the very popular Bonochick...are almost as bad. dumb and propogater of hatred and verbal violence.

(sorry but I am pretty pissed off than it only takes 5 minutes before some fat ass cow with a slut for a dad has to start insulting me! and ruin any fun that could be had here! but never gets banned or chastised of course. somehow it's considered 'ok' to do that...talk like that to others.)"

btw, I meant to add "and your brother was prob conceived by the milkman and your daddy prob doesn't love your mother and secretly loves her sister...."

meaning you low class, unsophisticated.....jealous....

And on...and on...and on..................

But she eventually apologized, and we're fine now. :lmao:

Was she banned? No. Suspended? No. Did she even get in trouble? No. Did I expect her to? No.

If you have a board that is too relaxed, it means dealing with stuff like that. Who wants to get attacked like that just for making what was meant as a harmless joke? I'd rather have a few more rules and have a site that's a lot nicer of a place to be a part of.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

So the person who spends all day in the "person below me" threads or posting :drool: after every Bono crotch shot racking up 100+ posts a day are contributing the most to Interference?

Come on?

*This is by no means meant to offend those that play games or drool over Bono's crotch.

I also meant to say people who've been here for a long time, too. Say like since 2000 or 2001.

Please completely ignore what I was talking about, it was retarded even for a hypothetical situation.

Last edited:
Bonochick said:

Was she banned? No. Suspended? No. Did she even get in trouble? No. Did I expect her to? No.

Well, I hope I don't get banned, suspended, or in trouble, but I think the mods can do a much better job of reading a given situation, rather than jumping to conclusion...especially when it pertains to regular posters. I was called out by Bonochick for posting a "snarky" comment the other day. Please don't judge me. If I'm being snarky, you'll probably be the first to know. In that instance, I was simply responding to a mod order I thought should have been a little more friendly...I was actually surprised and taken aback with the fact that it wasn't.

Last time I checked, mods aren't robots.

MrsSpringsteen said:

It's like when you do something against the rules at work and telling your boss that you just want to have fun and they should just loosen up-generally that won't wash.

Everyone knows you don't do that. You go "ok, sure, I'll do that." and then you do what you damned well please. :D

angelordevil said:

Well, I hope I don't get banned, suspended, or in trouble, but I think the mods can do a much better job of reading a given situation, rather than jumping to conclusion...especially when it pertains to regular posters. I was called out by Bonochick for posting a "snarky" comment the other day. Please don't judge me. If I'm being snarky, you'll probably be the first to know. In that instance, I was simply responding to a mod order I thought should have been a little more friendly...I was actually surprised and taken aback with the fact that it wasn't.

Last time I checked, mods aren't robots.

You're correct, we aren't robots.

For anybody who doesn't know what we're talking about:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4475755#post4475755

I still stand by my reply. There was nothing Khan said in her request that was rude, even though she didn't say "please". You could have jus listened but instead had to make an issue over her exclusion of that word, and I don't understand that. The mods can be nice without having to say "please" and "thank you" or whatever with every request. I felt that your reply was very uncalled for, and I don't regret saying something. The fact that you are still carrying on about this seems silly. Why can't we just move on?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Come on?

I :hug: this post.

Bonochick said:

I felt that your reply was very uncalled for, and I don't regret saying something. The fact that you are still carrying on about this seems silly. Why can't we just move on?

Again, you're judging me, which I feel is very uncalled for. I was completely sincere when I made that reply...trust me. I reserve the :) for those very moments. I would've used another smiley if I had been snarky.

I don't really know what you mean by "moving on." Isn't it the whole intent of this thread to have an open discussion about exactly these kinds of issues? :huh:

angelordevil said:

Again, you're judging me, which I feel is very uncalled for. I was completely sincere when I made that reply...trust me. I reserve the :) for those very moments. I would've used another smiley if I had been snarky.

I don't really know what you mean by "moving on." Isn't it the whole intent of this thread to have an open discussion about exactly these kinds of issues? :huh:

You aren't going to change my mind about what happened. There was nothing wrong with Khan's reply. I don't see why a "please" should have to be necessary with every mod request that is made. It's not like she told everybody to shut the hell up or something.

I figured we could move on because I don't know what else can be said. :shrug:

angelordevil said:
Isn't it the whole intent of this thread to have an open discussion about exactly these kinds of issues? :huh:

I'm not Bonochick, but I do want to answer this question. No, the intent of this thread is not to have an open discussion about bannings, etc. Yes, it has been largely off-topic the past couple of dozen posts, but its actual intent is to admit to feel a little excited whenever the Inside Broadcast forum gets updated (and specifically when someone is banned).

And we just had a real one :drool: , not only some stupid half-arsed, wishy-washy, surrogate suspensions (although those were nice to have the endorphin-levels not drop off too much).

:)

I just want to make something clear.

The purpose of this thread is not for 'complaining' about the moderators or how we do our jobs. We have never allowed that type of discussion here and I wont allow it now. I will not sit here and have to read on a daily basis how a mod should or should not do their job or how they should'nt have done this or that. If someone has an issue with a mod or are upset about something they've warned you about, it should be addressed in private. All the mods can be contacted via pm or email.

The thread is about banned members and if its just going go down the path of bitching about the mods, I will close it and we'll go back to not being allowed to talk about any of it. The original rule was Elvis' decision about not talking about banned members and this is HIS board so he can make any rule he wants to. The moderators and myself have since decided to bend the rules to allow some discussion of banned members so please lets respect that.

I'm not sure some people have really gotten the picture, or just don't pay attention to things going on outside of their little circle.

As long as I've been on this board, no real member (excludes spammers or previously banned members trying to return) has gotten suspended or banned because of one incident. To the best of my memory it has always occurred after many warnings or requests to stop doing somethiing.

This time has been no different.

Popmartijn said:

I'm not Bonochick, but I do want to answer this question. No, the intent of this thread is not to have an open discussion about bannings, etc. Yes, it has been largely off-topic the past couple of dozen posts, but its actual intent is to admit to feel a little excited whenever the Inside Broadcast forum gets updated (and specifically when someone is banned).

And we just had a real one :drool: , not only some stupid half-arsed, wishy-washy, surrogate suspensions (although those were nice to have the endorphin-levels not drop off too much).

:)

:up:

I think most everyone has gotten a chance to speak thier minds about this. The dog has had it's day so to speak.

Lets get back to what's really important here:

bannings.

Of course, I still fully encourage any discussions regarding people volunteering themselves to be sacraficially banned (don't they all sort of volunteer for it though?).

Or streaking in fat suits.

But that's just me.

Bonochick said:

I figured we could move on because I don't know what else can be said. :shrug:

I'll move on, but please don't assume anything about me ever again. I've never done that with you. And, if you do have an issue with something you've perceived as "snarky" or mean-spirited, please PM me rather than jumping to conclusion in a thread.

I told my dad about it, he thought it was funny. He also said that if it's true, he should have an awful lot more women hanging around. :laugh:

That could be the first time I've seen someone call a man a slut.

:lol:

and it's a bodysuit, like a leotard, not a fat suit :madwife:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom