...in which I rant about another problem in my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juliaguliaxo94

War Child
So I've been dating this kid Rob for almost 4 months (our anniversary is on the 10th). He's cute, funny, sweet, and for the most part a great guy.

However, the only problem I have with him is when his friends are around. It seems like they've been hanging around him more often lately, and when he's with them I'm basically invisible. For instance, today after school we were hanging out with my friend Kaitlyn and his friends Jenny and George. His focus was completely on Jenny and George, and occasionally Kaitlyn. The only time he would even acknowledge me was if I decided to talk to him or if someone else made contact with me. This is usually how it goes when his friends are around.

I feel really conceited and sensitive for writing this now. :reject: I wish I didn't have to be jealous. I don't have a problem with his friends. I want him to be happy, and I know he's happy when he's with his friends. It's just that I want to be a part of his happiness, even when it's not just me and him. Is it wrong that I want him to treat me the same way most of the time, regardless of who's with us and who's not? :slant:

So I've been dating this kid Rob for almost 4 months (our anniversary is on the 10th). He's cute, funny, sweet, and for the most part a great guy.

However, the only problem I have with him is when his friends are around. It seems like they've been hanging around him more often lately, and when he's with them I'm basically invisible. For instance, today after school we were hanging out with my friend Kaitlyn and his friends Jenny and George. His focus was completely on Jenny and George, and occasionally Kaitlyn. The only time he would even acknowledge me was if I decided to talk to him or if someone else made contact with me. This is usually how it goes when his friends are around.

I feel really conceited and sensitive for writing this now. :reject: I wish I didn't have to be jealous. I don't have a problem with his friends. I want him to be happy, and I know he's happy when he's with his friends. It's just that I want to be a part of his happiness, even when it's not just me and him. Is it wrong that I want him to treat me the same way most of the time, regardless of who's with us and who's not? :slant:

No, you are not wrong to feel that way. As a friend of mine says, "Men are idiots." No matter their age.

Maybe you just need to tell him how you feel. You have every right to feel the way you do. Perhaps you can just tell him what you need from him. I have found that most times, men don't realize they are hurting you as much as they are, unless you tell them. If you tell him and he still treats you that way, then you have to decide what you are willing to put up with. :hug:

No, you are not wrong to feel that way. As a friend of mine says, "Men are idiots." No matter their age.

Amen to that. :applaud:

Maybe you just need to tell him how you feel. You have every right to feel the way you do. Perhaps you can just tell him what you need from him. I have found that most times, men don't realize they are hurting you as much as they are, unless you tell them. If you tell him and he still treats you that way, then you have to decide what you are willing to put up with. :hug:

Thanks, and I did. I told him yesterday that I sometimes feel left out and ignored when he's with his friends, but made sure not to come on too strong and controlling. He said he was sorry for this and he seems glad that I told him. I really hope he steps up to the plate and tries including me in his circle of friends every now and then. Because I can picture him doing it, and it's not like he's not that type of person. I love him. :heart: Or at least to the greatest extent that teenagers can love each other. :shrug: He's just a little..how may I say it..dumb? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom