I'm tired all the time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm CONSTANTLY tired. Last night, I slept from 2am until noon, and I just fell asleep for about an hour WHILE I WAS TALKING ON MSN. :eek: I've had blood tests, and everything was okay, so I don't know why I sleep so much. I want to go back to bed. :sad: :scream:

me too meggie! :hug:

Maybe try adding a daily multi-vitamin vitamin to your diet?

I found out I'm borderline anemic :|

My sleep schedule had finally started to get back on a good pattern, after months and months of being messed up...but going to Detroit to see Ryan Adams and sleeping only like 2 hours before work has screwed me all up again...I've been messed up ever since.

Damn you, Ryan....:crack:

Oh, I can't stay mad at you...you're too cute! :wave: :D

I yawn all the time...it drives people nuts. :yawn:

meegannie said:
I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm CONSTANTLY tired. Last night, I slept from 2am until noon, and I just fell asleep for about an hour WHILE I WAS TALKING ON MSN. :eek: I've had blood tests, and everything was okay, so I don't know why I sleep so much. I want to go back to bed. :sad: :scream:

Three things come to mind:

1) Adrenal overstress
2) Thyroid problems
3) Depression

Consider getting all three investigated, perhaps?

Melon

sometimes if you sleep TOO much meeganie, it makes you more tired. Also you could be emotionally tired...there are many many things that can wear you out! hope you feel better

I've had blood tests to see if it's a thyroid problem, but it doesn't seem to be. I take a scarily huge multivitamin everyday. I have depression, but I'm two different medications for it, both of which are supposed to make me not want to sleep all the time. Of course, I haven't been taking them lately.... :shifty: :reject: Even when I was taking them regularly, though, I still had the tiredness problem.

Maybe I should make sure I don't have any children....

:hug: Megg. Sorry to hear you are so exhausted all the time.
It could be just a whole combination of things going on causing it. Only you can know what's happening, but maybe try a change of diet or a short burst of exercise first thing in the morning? I know excercise when you are tired is the last thing anyone feels like but there are the genuine health benefits plus a short jog for even 10 mins a day can wake you up and get your brain more alert etc. Even go for a swim or a walk or something.

:yes: to what angela said. exercise can so give you energy. you don't have to start off with anything major, maybe just a walk around your neighbourhood or something. anything to get the blood circulating and to get your heart going, it could give you your energy back.

yeah Angie is right, that can do a lot for you. do something that is invigorating to you though, like if you enjoy the outdoors, go for a run when there's not to many people outside and then it's very peaceful and relaxing...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

That sucks, ABEL. Do you have to take vitamins everyday now?

Well I don't really take my vitamins every day, although I know I should :uhoh:

I hardly excersize :huh:

and to top that off I'm supposed to watch my cholesterol :der:

:|

meeg, i am tired a lot...try not napping and getting only 8 hours of sleep a night

nbcrusader said:
children.

:lmao: So true....I was a nanny this summer...I could so fall asleep on the drop of a dime.

That happens to me too sometimes..and I got tested for thyroid as well, but the doctor said I didn't have it. I guess it's a combination of the weather, lack of excercise, physical and emotional stress, etc. I feel depressed at times too.:(

Well, I hope you feel better. Maybe taking your medication regularly will help? :)

meegannie said:
I have high cholesterol too. :slant:

Big surprise given that all I ever eat is junk food. ;)

Methinks this is a big part of the problem. You are what you eat, as they say. You can't feel alive if you're only eating dead junk food. Too many simple carbohydrates (which to your body act like sugar) can leave you feeling fatigued. You need some vegetables, girl! And B vitamins. At the very least, start with some nutritional yeast on your popcorn. It's yummy and good for you. But sounds like you need to make some dramatic changes in how you eat.

I have this always tired problem too - but I work too much.

Places I have recently fallen asleep where I shouldn't have:

Sigur Ros concert
Friendly Greek Restaurant in Toronto
Work break room (well, it's almost alright)

joyfulgirl said:

Methinks this is a big part of the problem. You are what you eat, as they say. You can't feel alive if you're only eating dead junk food. Too many simple carbohydrates (which to your body act like sugar) can leave you feeling fatigued. You need some vegetables, girl! And B vitamins. At the very least, start with some nutritional yeast on your popcorn. It's yummy and good for you. But sounds like you need to make some dramatic changes in how you eat.

I know, but it's just a matter of money. :(

Back
Top Bottom