I'm taking Daisy to the hospital today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I'm taking my baby to the hospital later to get her wrist looked at. On her wrist is a bump. Its starting to hurt her alot when she moves it. It used to be bigger like the size of a cherry tomato, but thats as big as it got. I took her to the doc's to get it looked at and they said it was a begnin cyst, but it was harmless. I forget the name of it. Another opinion was sought, and another doc told me it was in a critical place, where it could affect her wrist movement. The doc tried the ol' quarter trick where she wrapped Daisy's wrist with a quarter to smash the bump down and make it pop over time, but her wrist ended up getting a rash from the tape. So we nixed that idea. Then one day it just popped while she was in school last year. Since then its been growing on and off. Since last week she has complained that its starting to hurt her, like you know how you shake water from your hands.

They might operate on her wrist tonight. I'm not sure. Either way I don't like the thought of my baby being under anesthesia like that. It scares me, and I know she will be scared shitless. I know some people will say its fairly common procedure, but tell that to my daughter. Just a few months ago she had 13 stitches put on her forehead from a schoolyard accident, and thats a whole other story.

I hate this and I don't want her to go thru this at all. Please pray for her.

:hug: icelle and daisy :hug:

Dont worry... she'll be ok! Tell her it wont hurt at all, she'll be sleeping.

Then afterwards she wont be in anymore pain.

but I know anesthesia is scary.. my brother has had plenty of it and major surgeries so I know how it feels but he came out of it fine.. and daisy's procedures is much simplier than his so try not to worry!

:hug: :hug:

Oh, it's SO scary when your kids have to go through things like that.

:hug: and prayers for both of you and for daisy's doctors.

(I always pray for the doctors too, they're the ones with the sharp instruments in their hands.)

bonosloveslave said:
Was it a ganglion cyst?

Hospitals can be scary - but I'm sure everything will be ok. My prayers are with you and Daisy :hug:

Yeah thats what its called. I know its something kind of minor but its just really, I dont know, scary to think of Daisy under anesthesia. Thanks everyone for your prayers.

She'll be fine Icelle...and you will too :hug:

My son fractured his arm 3 years ago and needed surgery twice. Seeing him under anesthesia was pretty scary because it affects kids differently than adults but he came through just fine and so will Daisy. She'll sleep though the bad parts and probably wont remember most of it.

I'm sure this won't happen to Daisy because she's much younger but both times my son was coming out of the ansethesia, he started cursing like a truck driver and trying to hit the nurses...he was saying words even I don't use...the nurses said its common in boys his age...I think he was 12.

I'll say a prayer for you both :hug:

Well, I'm home with Daisy now, and the idiot doctor decided that Daisy didnt need the surgery after all. I told him every fucking detail of what she was feeling before, how it hurt her when she moved it. He checked her wrist, made her move it around, and apparently he thinks its not enough to do anything at all now. I'm so mad I can scream....

yeah, she is...i think she got scared at the thought of them putting needles and/or operating on her wrist, and told the doctor that her wrist wasn't hurting her so he took her word for it. she's fine now though, thank you for asking and for your prayers. means alot to me

Back
Top Bottom