I'm such a bad girl...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I feel like a criminal :reject:

I'm past due on my car inspection :uhoh: it was due at the end of July. I got paid today, but after paying the rent, I've only got about $50 in my checking account, if I'm lucky. I was thinking my car inspection was only going to be around $20, but here in Dallas County, it's $39 :eek: I need that money for groceries the next two weeks. Being broke sucks. They've usually got a grace period on the car inspections tho right? :shrug:

Maybe I need to try selling some of my artwork on ebay or something :hmm: I tried my own website for a while, but that's not working well. I really need to win the lottery :lol:

Until I get paid again in two weeks, I'll be without my car inspection...at least I only live two blocks away from work and the grocery store. :sigh:

Here's what's inspected by vehicle type.

Items of Inspection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05.01 Inspect Every Passenger Car For: (Listed in suggested order of inspection)

* Check for evidence of Financial Responsibility

1. Horn
2. Windshield Wipers
3. Mirror
4. Steering
5. Seat Belts
6. Brakes (system) (Parking - beginning with 1960 models)
7. Tires
8. Wheel Assembly
9. Exhaust System
10. Exhaust Emission System (beginning with 1968 models)
11. Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
12. Tail Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
13. Stop Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
14. License Plate Lamp (1)
15. Rear Red Reflectors (2)
16. Turn Signal Lamps (beginning with 1960 models)
17. Head Lamps (2)
18. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
19. 1988 & newer - inspect for window tinting or coating
20. Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old.

oh dear, I found this on the website too, lol :uhoh:
Inspection Grace Period
There is a five (5) day grace period for motorists to get their inspection sticker. An inspection certificate expires on the last day of the month, that is indicated on the windshield. Therefore, you have until the 5th day of the following month to have your car inspected.

Today's already the 8th, and I don't get paid for two weeks :reject:

meh....

I went from April to October last year without updating my Lic. Plate tabs - and went from April till last week this year without updating. And in Minnesota, you have to more than $100 dollars.

Don't feel too bad, I hope everything works out for you. :) Inspection in NJ is free (at state inspection centers) and some people still don't go- that's a lot worse than not being able to go for financial reasons. Good luck!

I got a crack in my windshield last winter, and the company who replaced it didn't take off any of the stickers from that windshield that they were supposed to!! (incl. my oil change sticker, the velcro for my FastPass AND my inspection sticker!!)

The only thing I noticed was my FastPass velcro. :reject: This cop noticed (maybe 1 month later?) when I was stopped at a light and I got pulled over. He only gave me a warning- probably because I was in tears, seeing as I was late for volunteering and had just received a speeding ticket the week before, and because I didn't realize it was gone.

lol. So good luck. But I learned you never know if some cop will see. :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom