I'm so sick...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Hey everyone,

In case anyone noticed that I've been around a little more the past few days, it's cause I'm really ill.

I woke up on Thursday feeling perfectly fine. Went to work for 2:30 still feeling good. Within an hour I began to feel my throat tightening slowly. By 4:30 my voice had gone completely. I work in a call center so obviously I had to go home. My throat stayed really constricted all night till I went to bed, thinking it would pass. Woke up Friday and I still couldn't speak. I went to the doc's on Friday afternoon, she said I have swollen lymph nodes in my throat that are constricting my throat and it should pass within 10-14 days. That was fine by me Friday, but today it's even worse...I have a fever of 100, I have a headache, and I'm exhausted...I slept till 2 PM today and now it's 1 here, I've been tired since 9...I shouldn't be ready for bed after being awake for 7 hours, should I?

The worst part about all this is that I have to pay about 600 bucks for school books in a month and I really can't afford to miss work for close to 2 weeks...

Anyways I figured someone might notice me being here almost alll the time, and might be wondering why. Or maybe I think I'm too important, whatever.

Take care of yourself, Dave. Hope you're feeling better as quickly as possible!

:ohmy: oh no! I hope you feel better dave! Please, take care of yourself! You won't be able to do anything, anyways, school books or not, if you don't take care of yourself!! Your body is telling you what it needs! :wink:

I had shingles in June and it wasn't fun, but that sounds worse, Dave! I didn't have fever, I just had a malaise because of the virus. I hope you get well soon. Being sick is such a drag.

I'm feeling much better today. I think yesterday was the worst, I was exhausted and couldn't barely move.

Today I'm not nearly as tired...still have the sore throat but the fever is lessened and I can actually do things...

I should be back in full swing and able to get back to work by Thursday or so.

Back
Top Bottom