I'm so scared...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2zoogirl

War Child
I've been using linoleum cutters and drawing all these days and my righ hand hurts a lot.... I went to the orthopedist 3 weeks ago and he told me that I have tendinitis in my hand, and he gave some pills... but I didn't get better...

Now, my hand hurts permanently and it doesn't have enough strenght and precission... it's always shaking and I can't even use the mouse without feeling pain.

I have an appointment at the orthopedist on wednesday,,, and he'll probably send me to fisiotherapy, that sounds good, but I'm afraid that maybe it's too late know and I will need surgery...

I don't want to have a surgery in my hand... all my life i've been drawing and painting, I'm an illustrator now, and my hands are very important to me... people says that surgery is safe but the human hand is a very delicate precission machine and I'm afraid that surgery would change, in some way, its natural skill. It would be a disaster for me if my hand loses a little bit of precission after the surgery...

Maybe I'm making a lot of noise about it... but I don't know what is gonna happen to me...

lore.

Go to your consultation this week, but don't be afraid to ask for a 2nd opinion from another doctor - make sure you are getting and understanding all of the options :hug:

Back
Top Bottom