I'm scared of guys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
Yes, seriously. No offence to all the guys out there, but...I'm scared of y'all. That's kinda weird of me, isn't it? Oh well...I'm having a bizzarely honest moment and decided to 'fess up.

I'll be quiet now. :reject:

As an elected representative I apologize on behalf of my constituency... there are many menfish in the sea for flounder, who aren't scary like me :wink:

Hmmm...I can relate to that. I mean, I'm not scared of them, per se, but sometimes I get hung up thinking that all they want is sex...well, guys my age, anyway!

Mmm...I don't know why. They're just scary. They're bigger than me and they can hurt me and y'know sometimes they smell bad. And what wertsie said - half the time all they want is sex and that seriously freaks me out.

Anyway. All my friends think I'm totally nuts because I absolutely refuse to get in a taxi with a male driver by myself. It's actually really funny...I'd rather walk like three miles around town than get a taxi by myself. It's quite interesting trying to make up excuses for why I'm late to meetings, when really it's because I got stuck waiting for a bus or walking instead of getting a cab.

Anyway...I'm rambling. I'll be quiet and stop confessing my freakish thoughts. :reject: :reject: :reject: :reject:

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Mmm...I don't know why. They're just scary. They're bigger than me and they can hurt me and y'know sometimes they smell bad. And what wertsie said - half the time all they want is sex and that seriously freaks me out.

:laugh: hahaha they sometimes smell bad!!!!!!

seriously not all guys are big, smelly neanderthals. i know many who are kind, caring and are teddy bears and smell :drool: :drool: :drool: amazing :heart:

however about the sex part, well i know a lot of women who only want sex from men. :yes:

I've talked about the male-female thing with some friends of mine and we've come to the conclusion that - in general - about all a man needs in a relationship is a woman who he wants to make love to every night

even more in general: what a woman wants in a relationship can change all of a sudden
and she won't have many problems dumping a guy when she thinks she can find that somewhere else

so, our conclusion was, that even though men are stuck in prehistoric ages they more or less are loyal to their partner

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
cujo you scare me! :angry:

That seems to be the concensus... don't know how that started actually. It looks like this thread is severly dominated by second-wave feminist views pertaining to submission (i.e. guys are big and scary)... that view only serves to perpetuate the myth. Some guys may be one-dimensional, but the belief that all guys care about is sex is very outdated and really insulting. Although I do agree in some cases that men can be smelly and scary; case in point: u2popmofo. If you want to remedy your predicament when it comes to men, maybe you need to take a self-defense class. Partake in activities that allow you to punch dummies in the groin... I hear it's therapeutic, but it's not my cup of tea.

Cheers...

PS- I can't help but feel I've alienated Flounder... I'm sorry, I'm not a big scary, smelly guy... OK, well I'm not smelly at least.

I think I'm far more wrong than right
but in the bar at 2 in the morning it was as if we uncovered life's biggest secret

cujo,
I'm sorry, I honestly didn't mean for this thread to be insulting to guys, although now I think about it, it was kind of inevitable that it would seem that way. It was just sleep-deprived me talking nonsense as usual. :( I'll think more carefully next time I decide to confess something! :huh:

Sorry everyone! :reject:

Fizz

Salome...So then why do men seem more apt to cheat, then women? Women are more monogamous...men seemed to become bored easliy.

P.S. I know plenty of women who are out there for the sex as well...it's not just "male behavior"

Last edited:
Yes, but the statistics state that men are more likely to cheat on their spouses/significant others than women are.

..I think a lot of women are sex-obsessed too, but they don't show it as much as it's not as 'acceptable' by society.

i thought about it and most of my best friends have been guys, even when i was 8 and everyone had cooties.

FizzingWhizzbees:

don't be so affraid of us, we're humans too - just some of us are scary and look - or even worse behave - like Neanderthal Men, some of us are enogh civilized to be more scared of women than you are scared of us :)

Well to make it short: some of us aren't as bad as our image :)

Klaus

Salome said:
I think I'm far more wrong than right
but in the bar at 2 in the morning it was as if we uncovered life's biggest secret

:lol:

But where are all these women who dump men at the drop of a hat (or the change of a hormone)? All I see are women pathetically, desperately, holding on to icky guys long after it's over. Or maybe it's just my town.

~LadyLemon~ said:
Salome...So then why do men seem more apt to cheat, then women? Women are more monogamous...men seemed to become bored easliy.

Because the occasional one-night stand doesn't really count as cheating since it's just sex and has nothing to do with love and loyalty. (I'm actually being serious--I've come to accept this as the male point of view more often than not.)

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
..I think a lot of women are sex-obsessed too, but they don't show it as much as it's not as 'acceptable' by society.

Aye. A friend and me were having a conversation... well, more like disagreement about Madonna. Now, I love Madonna, I see nothing wrong with the way she portrayed herself in the past but my friend saw her as a slut because of the way that she flaunted sexuality. Had it been a man in her position he wouldn't have been so condemned and he'd probably be remembered as a legend or something. But of course he just stuck to his argument that she was a slut and nothing more. :mad:

I'm the opposite- I'm scared of most GIRLS! There are a few girls who are very good friends, but mostly, all my life, I have found guys easier to talk to. I don't mean a date thing, I mean as friends. Since I was in school, guys have been easier to talk to and relate to for me. I think the thing is, I never fit in with the giggling/cliquey/gossipy/ohmygawd type of personality most girls tend to be. I also never gave a damn about fashion or makeup tips and stuff like that girls like to talk about. I have talked to guys who said they were intimidated by girls for the very same reasons I was! I'd see a bunch of those girls going down the hall, and I'd slink away. It happened at school, but later too, at jobs and even among neighbors and even online sometimes.

To be fair, I have also found some very sweet girls I can relate to like soulmates, and some guys I was afraid of. But in general, I have gotten along better with most guys than most girls.

I don't discriminate between scary and non-scary girls.

If a girl is scary, I stay the hell away. If she's interesting, I stay the hell away. :|

Kidding! :D

Back
Top Bottom