I'm scared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
I'm going to be performing my first surgery in about 1 hour, my stomach is churning and I am really nervous - don't know why, I've seen it done a million times! I can talk myself through the procedure, not really any major complications that could come up, unless the dog starts having problems with the anesthesia. GAH!! I hope I don't throw up.....

I'll update later on how it went :crazy:

Wow! That's kind of exciting actually. There will be someone else with you though right? What kind of surgery is it?

Good luck! :hug:

oh wow!!!! I don't blame you, I would be terrified too! Just remember, this is what you've been working towards for so many years now, you're really prepared and I am sure you will be fine! Good luck!!

what kind of surgery is it btw?

You can do it..procedure...good luck and thank you

Just yesterday I was thinking of you bonosloveslave. I gathered that you are studying to be a vet.
I have a Vet story...of course. I'll try to make it short..

My husband's grandfather, was a vet. I was so pleased I got to meet him in his last few years of life. He travelled, as a just graduated vet on ship during the First World War with the Australian horses being taken to the battle.
He survived the War and went on to study bird diseases. He researched and found a cure for some of the major diseases. ( my eyes went wide when he told me that...he had me worked out early!!! he said "yes I am responsible for the KFC phenomenom")
He was involved with the development of the Melbourne Zoo and was on the Board of Directors ( he gave me a free pass to the Zoo...I was impressed) .Anyway just wanted to tell you about Puppa. He was one hard-working cool old dude. He'd be pleased to know what you are doing.
Good luck
Keep up the good work.

Pheww!

Thanks for all your encouragement - I made it thru without throwing up or passing out, thank goodness! And my dog didn't die on me either, which was very polite of her :)

I did have an assistant so that took some pressure off, I did an abdominal exploratory and intestinal resection and anastomosis, with an ovariohysterectomy thrown in for good measure. Translation in English: I made a very long incision into her abdomen, looked at all her innards, cut out a section of intestine and sewed to 2 ends back together, and spayed her.

Everyone has said it, and now I know it's true (like alot of things in vet school) that the hardest part is 'getting in'. For some reason it is unbelieveably hard to cut in the direct middle of the abdomen so that you aren't cutting thru their abdominal muscles. It requires cutting in a straight line, and heck, I can't even draw a straight line! :lol: So it was just getting started that was frustrating, I think the rest went really well. My next surgery will be a cruciate repair, which will have a whole new batch of frustrations.......

Cass, that's a really cool story about your husband's grandfather! Hope I get to visit the Melbourne Zoo someday...

You guys are awesome - thanks for cheering me on :wave:

:hug:s to you all :heart:

Re: Pheww!

bonosloveslave said:
Thanks for all your encouragement - I made it thru without throwing up or passing out, thank goodness! And my dog didn't die on me either, which was very polite of her :)

I did have an assistant so that took some pressure off, I did an abdominal exploratory and intestinal resection and anastomosis, with an ovariohysterectomy thrown in for good measure. Translation in English: I made a very long incision into her abdomen, looked at all her innards, cut out a section of intestine and sewed to 2 ends back together, and spayed her.

I was like.. oh your dog is sick?

then i was like- you spayed a human? why'd you say spayed?

and then I realized- You're a vet!! :laugh: @ myself! :D

Congrats on a job well done! :up:

Re: Pheww!

bonosloveslave said:

:ohmy: For a moment there, I thought you were doing a human surgery and just referred your human patient as a dog. :ohmy:

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom