I'm now the mother of an adult

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BAW

The Flower
and I feel SO old. :(

Today is my firstborn son's 18th birthday and I just realized that I was his age when he was born.

I just can't believe that I'm old enough to have an 18 year old kid. There must be some mistake. :no:

Happy Birthday Javier :wave: :kiss:

Good Lord, that certainly does NOT make you old!!!! :hug:

Oh...and happy birthday to Javier! :)

lol.....my mom always tells me i'm catching up with her.....
she had me really young so sometimes i feel like too !!

I had a similar experience two days ago when I came across a picture of my dad from 1969. He was 20 in the picture, the same age as I am now. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. :crazy:

Happy Birthday, Javier!

And BAW, you're not old at all! :hug:

My mother said she never felt so old as when I turned 18...

and then I turned 20.... (heeheehee)

Happiness to both you and your son. Congratulations on raising a healthy, happy kid.

I think you should post a picture or three of him in honor of this occasion :flirt:

Sicy said:
I think you should post a picture or three of him in honor of this occasion :flirt:

heehee, okay :hyper:

he'll kill me but here goes...this is my baby :)

Age 2 1/2
33682%3B9523232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23233748377%3A%3Bot1lsi

:cute:
33682%3B9523232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23233748377%3B2ot1lsi

Age 14
33682%3B9523232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323374837854ot1lsi

Age 17
33682%3B9523232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323374837855ot1lsi

Congratulations BAW.
I am saving for a 21st and 18th birthday celebration this spring for two of my little lambs....

but did that stop me pressing redial, redial again and again and AGAIN this morning to get a silverchair ticket?

no sireeeeeeeeeeeee BOB, somebody up there likes me. The concert is the night of my 42nd birthday. The nice lady at the booking agency took me under her care ( bit of a sad case only ordering one ticket) she has given me a great seat....the greatest view., woooooohoooooooooo.
My 20 year old son is my dearest friend now I think...he makes me feel loved, not old.
Happy birthday young man...Javier
well done mum.
hmmm just thought, I was 21 when I had Tomas, I'll be twice his age...gosh I'm old enough to ne a grandmother

but will that stop me?
no sireeeeeeeeeee BOB. I plan on having blonde streaks, and looking good in my new jeans ...for silverchair...woohoooooooo.

sorrry love to rave...it feels like SUCH a big celebratory day..Australia won the soccer against England just a short time ago 3-1( I have a soft-spot for Frank Farina,the coach.A self-made man, I love him!), got tickets to "the chair" and our babies are growing up beautifully.
Is good.
Many Happy Returns

Sicy said:
Oooh I think I was thinking of your other son.. Ricky?

okay, here's one of Ricky. I think he's a little :drunk: in this one.

Attachments

• dscn000811.jpg
    dscn000811.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 75
char.......you're not old doll! you were just carded!

besides, 18 year olds are just as needy as they were when they were 17, they'll just never let you know it

:uhoh: not that i'd know anything about that or anything

Lilly said:
char.......you're not old doll! you were just carded!

besides, 18 year olds are just as needy as they were when they were 17, they'll just never let you know it

:uhoh: not that i'd know anything about that or anything

Thank you Lilly..I forgot about being carded! :hug:

I know he needs me just as much, :)

He's already testing his new freedom...he just went to buy his first legal pack of cigarettes :mad:

His next adventure is getting his nipples pierced and going to a nudie bar :scream:

Bono's American Wife said:

His next adventure is getting his nipples pierced and going to a nudie bar :scream:

:lmao:

You have exceptionally good looking sons BAW. Make sure you post pics of these nipple rings.

Thanks.

:D

Angela Harlem said:

:lmao:

You have exceptionally good looking sons BAW. Make sure you post pics of these nipple rings.

Thanks.

:D

thanks angie :hug:

all 3 of my sons cause heads to turn when they are out together :heart:

He's off to the nudie bar as we speak with a huge smile on his face and a pocket full of dollar bills. Oh dear. :mac:

martha said:

I hope not at the same time.

Im nearly 18 and cant wait but I already have freedom my mum and dad trust me going out to pubs and stuff seeing as I dont really drink anyway :shrug: They always joke to my brother about him going to the nudie bar when hes old enough- they act like kids :coocoo: they are young too BAW my mums 2 years older than you I dont think they are old at all :shame:

Lara Mullen said:

Im nearly 18 and cant wait but I already have freedom my mum and dad trust me going out to pubs and stuff seeing as I dont really drink anyway :shrug: They always joke to my brother about him going to the nudie bar when hes old enough- they act like kids :coocoo: they are young too BAW my mums 2 years older than you I dont think they are old at all :shame:

Lara :hug: :)

I really don't feel old most of the time...but the thought of being the mother of an 18 year old was so strange.

...and he didn't get pierced or go see the naked ladies dance...yet...but he did come home at 7:30 the next morning looking like he had quite a good time the night before :eyebrow:

I went out until about 3.30 this morning and my mum and dad locked me out and had forgotten about me...on my own formal i was out until 7 and my mum picked me up and all these guys in my year chatted her up they didnt know she was my mum :lmao: :eek:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Aw, from what I see here you're a kickass mom! And looks like you've done a great job with your kids. :up: :hug:

I :heart: cool moms.

<----has one of the coolest :love:

thanks April :hug:

Yesterday was one of those days where I really did feel like I've done a good job...he asked me to help him pick out flowers for his girlfriend :)

He gave her a dozen red roses, a "love" card and took her out to dinner. I've tried to show him how women should be treated and apparently he listened.

Back
Top Bottom