I'm math stupid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I can't even count on my fingers anymore. I just tried ten times to log into my UK bank account online. I had to enter the second, fourth, and seventh digits of my access code, and I was counting it out on my fingers and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Then I remembered that I have five fingers on each hand instead of four. :reject::tsk:

:heart:maths:heart:

I'll pretend to loath them for your sake though

booooo @ maths
who needs it anyway?

I was always okay-ish at maths in school...now, however, I realise that knowledge of quadratic equations is not necessarily helpful when attempting to work out how much tax you'll pay this month. :uhoh: :down:

I also hate math.

I am terrible at it. I flunked my college assessment test and have to take "college prep" to even get *into* a math class, which of course is a general study requirement. :mad: :mad:

I am trying to find a way around this process...I just want the math requirement over and done with!!

The thing is that I was always decent in math, even though I've always hated it. I did well enough in calculus in high school and on the math sections of the SAT and ACT that I didn't have to take any math courses in college. :nerd:

Now I can't even add. :slant:

I had tot ake 25% off every item my sister picked up in a clothes store today

I worked out everything right

Then she brought my Mum over and made me work out the final price of everything

Sister: I dont need a calculator I've got you

:crack: This is the girl who wants to do maths at university and while i only did ordianry maths gcse she has a grade already from she was 14 and is doing higer maths now and an alevel maths course at tech "for the fun of it" :|

My maths is awful, apart from percentages, apaprently.

I have always hated math and sucked at it. Many years in school, I would have made the honor roll in other subjects but was flunking or near flunking math. My parents never punished or threatened me. They knew I was so bad in it that a D was success for me!

It was also easy to forget. I would remember it long enough for the test and then it would leave me. By the time I was a senior, I no longer remembered the freshman algebra and freshman would think I was just avoiding helping them when I told them I totally forgot it, and looking at it was like reading Greek. As I've gotten older, I've gotten worse! I think I have actually developed a dyslexia for numbers I didn't have as a kid in school. Someone will tell me a phone number and I will immediately write it down or punch it in reversed or mixed up! :huh: The only way I can remember numbers is to associate them with a sports player's jersey, or the age or birthday of a person I know. Like, 51060 would not be fifty one thousand sixto to me, but Bono's birthdate! I have to think of it as a word or an association. If I'd been this bad in school it would have been considered a learning disability I'm sure!

But I've always been good with words, and was reading before I went to school. I've heard some people say that you can be too right brained, which means you are good at words, languages, reading and writing, and creative stuff, but suck at math. Math is a left brain thing. Maybe some are too left brained and can do math but can't read. I guess most people have a good mix of both. But I can't do math to save my life.

Last edited:
Hmm... so most of us U2 fans suck at math... I think that's an interesting research subject. :eeklaugh:

I hate it and I'm so/so at it. Of all the math they taught me in school, there has never been a moment in life where I've actually used what I sorta learned. :|

Wish I could have traded in all my math classes for music classes.

Back
Top Bottom