I'm losing my mind...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
...with this apartment / roommate search out here in blissfully expensive Boston. So I find the house of my dreams, which is a five-bedroom perfectly located in Davis Square (for non-Bostonians, it is a trendy place to live), and I need the two roommates. After fucking around with potential roommates, they just don't have their act together at all, and, with unorthodox patience from both the realtor and the landlord, I fear the patience is going to run too thin and I'm going to lose this gorgeous gem of a place.

With the fourth roommate looking increasingly like he is never going to get his act together, the only hope now is that the realtor will let the three of us rent the place and we can be able to find two other roommates during the remainder of this summer, which is very doable.

Why does life always have to suck? :( I don't even know why I even put the effort into it anymore, when, clearly, I get no help at all from anyone else.

Melon

hang on. I do think that things will get better. Just take one day at a time and remember that this time will pass. :hug:

You can advertise for roommates. And I've been doing that, actually.

I can find two eventually, but I am hard pressed to just find two on the spot. It takes a little bit of time, after all; can't just expect to meet them, show the place, and have the application filled out on the spot.

At the same time, I don't think people really know *necessary* it is to act quickly on this stuff. The fourth roommate who has taken his good old time with the application is *unacceptable.* It should have been faxed down two or three days ago.

Of course, people are irresponsible and they need a mother / father figure to hold them by the hand. Well, "father" here feels like slapping that proverbial "five-year old" (sorry Rono :sexywink:). I shouldn't have to be this responsible at my age. :|

Melon

Well, we'll find out today, actually. I've done everything I can possibly do to communicate the urgency of this, and now I have to put my trust in people. Considering the poor past record I have in putting trust in people, I'm terrified that this won't go through.

I guess it is now in God's hands.

Melon

big deep breaths man...it's just how life is most of the time...tough!! You can get the feeling no one cares and if you want a job done properly, you have to do it yourself. But wait and see, it will work out , you deserve that.
It is hard to find decent rented accomodation around here. My eldest son had a bad experience on his first foray into share-housing. He got the proverbial "house-mate from hell".It broke my heart to have to watch what that person unjustly did to him. I was glad when he came home for a while. And now he lives with the nicest young man, the household just cruises, they have a view to die for. Only problem, the rich neighbour just bought their house to install a swimming pool there. My son is going to move in with his girlfriend:heart:
It's a big old world and of all things, my neighbour here in Australia grew up in Boston.So I kinda have the impression it is a city of:crazy: people, so be careful( I know it's not, j/k)

I hope the news is good, you'll find what you are looking for:yes:

Well, here's the update. The fourth roommate officially dropped out at the last moment. Thankfully for him, I was in the shower when he called, so he left a message on my voice mail. If I had talked to him live, I think I would have had a fit.

However, as I called the realtor, it was no big deal to her, and we still signed the lease. So it is ours, and I had a couple of drinks at "The Joshua Tree" to celebrate (yes, there is actually a U2 JT-era concert advertisement in the back :sexywink:). Now all I need now is to find those two roommates, but I have a little more time to work with now!

If anyone here is around my age (20-25-ish), lives in the Boston area and wishes to potentially live with yours truly, then you should get back to me. :sexywink:

Melon

at least i'm lovable

melon said:
If anyone here is around my age (20-25-ish), lives in the Boston area and wishes to potentially live with yours truly, then you should get back to me. :sexywink:

Melon

did we not already discuss this?

*packs bags despite not fitting any of the aforementioned characteristics

Re: at least i'm lovable

Lilly said:

did we not already discuss this?

*packs bags despite not fitting any of the aforementioned characteristics

Yes, but that would require you to actually move out here. :sexywink:

Melon

melon said:

However, as I called the realtor, it was no big deal to her, and we still signed the lease. So it is ours, and I had a couple of drinks at "The Joshua Tree" to celebrate (yes, there is actually a U2 JT-era concert advertisement in the back :sexywink:). Now all I need now is to find those two roommates, but I have a little more time to work with now!

Melon

I recently just moved to Medford and spent the first few weekends in Davis Square where my friend lives- down at Sligo's and The Burren. :drool: :dance:

Somerville also has given me 2 parking tickets in the last 2 months! :angry:

Oh and try Ana's Tacarea (sp!) it's so yummmmmy!

:wave:

p.s. congrats on getting a room! i know how hectic/crazy it is!

last time i lived with roommates they whipped each other every sunday morning at 11 am. sharp.
if they wanted to whip one another, that is fine. i really dont care. but i dont want to hear it. so my girlfriend and i would make a lot of noise, turn music ridiculously loud for a sunday morning, have a YELLING conversation (just small talk, the weather, movies ya know). nothing changed. for 8 months. the moment i could, i bolted.

im glad you can enjoy them;)

every time others hear silence...i hear the whipping.
:no:

enjoy your roommates melon;)

Melon, it totally sucks having to depend on other people, at work or in your private life. I'm glad things are working out though. I'd totally move in if I fit the qualifications, just to go and have a drink at the JT!

Kobe, you should really write a book! :laugh:

This thread is freaking me out.

I went to TUFTS!!!

That said, Davis Square was about the most un-hip place you could find.

The coolest thing I ever did there was see The Tragically Hip in Sommerville Theatre.

That Irish bar the Burren opened up the year I left and then I think the Joshua Tree opened the year after I left.

My suggestion to you, oh ripe one, would be to go to the Tufts campus and search there. I knoe it is kind of an annoying thing to do, but at your age, I would guess you could find a graduate student to live with.

Try the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy - they tend to be the smartest (besides we engineers, of course). Very diverse group that usually end up being ambassadors, attorneys, world leaders etc...

I cannot believe we are talking about Davis Square.

Redbones

Rosebud

Johhny D's

I find this so strange as I lived kind of up the road (College Ave) near Tufts campus...

I went to Johnny D's last week :|

drank at redbones- or was it ate everything in sight late night after sligo's? :angel:

and i'm going to play tennis at tufts soon :shifty: :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom