I'm losing my hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:
okay. thanks. Lots of people wear singlets in Australia cause its friggin hot.

Yes, exactly.

It doesnt mean because someone wears one they are 'white trash'. :|

that's why i made sure to use the word 'stereotypically'. did not mean to offend anyone.

:reject:

on the right person, they can be quite fetching.

Windmilllane said:
and it sucks:mad: :angry:

My New Year's resolution is to find a way to keep my hair.

It's not going to be easy.

If I do lose it, what should I do? Any suggestions?

I have one suggestion before you give up. Try a natural supplement called "Saw Palmetto." SP inhibits the formation of DHT (dihydrotestosterone), which causes a form of baldness, and, minus DHT, you can sometimes grow your lost hair back.

I always suggest this to people, because it is readily available and has no nasty side effects. In other words, if SP doesn't work, it won't hurt you regardless.

A friend of mine recently told me that he took my advice and, after a month, he started noticing his hair growing back. I was surprised that it worked...lol.

Melon

beli said:
I have a theory that men with hairy chests go bald. Im yet to find anyone who disagrees with this theory.

Going back to my last post, that's an effect of DHT. So don't be surprised that bald men are typically "extremely hairy" elsewhere. But not all people with hairy chests will go bald automatically.

Melon

Going bald hasn't helped me get laid. That's all I know.

I must be one of those 'ugly' bald guys.

Also, someone said something about taking a nice bald guy over a creepy arrogant jerk...but what if the choice was between a nice bald guy and a nice guy with hair? Hmmm...see this is the tragic fact of life that we're talking about. No matter how physically fit we are...no matter how "cute" we may appear...if you put us up against a guy with the same characteristics BUT WITH HAIR...most women will undoubtedly pick the guy with hair....

Therefore, life sucks.

Danospano said:

Also, someone said something about taking a nice bald guy over a creepy arrogant jerk...but what if the choice was between a nice bald guy and a nice guy with hair?

Since that was me, I'll try to answer. Well, I think it would depend upon who I was more attracted to. Is attraction all about physical attributes? If you believe the world is shallow, I suppose yes. I'm not denying that physical attraction is important, but can you become more attracted to someone for other reasons, even though you are not as attracted to them physically? I find many men attractive who don't fit some idealized standard of what physical beauty is.

Women can suffer from baldness too-so what about a nice bald woman vs a nice woman w/ hair? Who would guys choose?

Women have genetic characteristics that yes, they can do something about-diet, plastic surgery, etc. Some women have small breasts, imperfect /heavier bodies, large noses, or whatever. But it's tough for the average woman w/ average means to fight genetics. So do most men accept this and date them over women who are more perfect? Yes life does suck sometimes, but is it all about physical beauty? Or hair? I don't mean that as a put down for your personal issues, I truly don't.

Have had receding hair for past 6/7 years (am 32 now) and for past year I have been shaving hair - number 1 mostly, but now am going with just blade - same length as a few days facial hair. All say I look much better for it. If hair is going, can do little or nothing about it. Don't try to cover up. Instead, shave it off - it will take a while to get used to new look, but ultimately you will look much better!

I got a few friends that are going bald and shave their heads now.

I think it all depends how your head looks shaved and how it is shaped.

A girl told me that skinny guys dont look that good with a shaved head. Another told me the bald look is good with facial hair, like a goatee.

I'm 24 and there are no bad signs yet. But if I lose my hair one day I won't cry over it, I had a shaved head in high school and it looked good.

I'd be lying if I said that I'd be more attracted to a woman who was balding over a woman with any hair, but isn't that a stretch? Women have thin hair (as my mother does), but baldness is a rare condition that shouldn't even be compared to male-pattern baldness. It's very difficult to find a comparison in female traits that equals the charactertistics of baldness, because virtually everything women develop insecurities about, are ameliorated through surgery and/or diet.

I have no problem stating that I'm attracted to certain traits; I don't feel bad about this, because my 'type' isn't your typical supermodel/hottie woman, it's more like girl's with character and a little naughtiness underneath the librarian's austere facade. But for me to admit that my baldness is seen a hinderness on my happiness, is reality. I don't have a problem with it, but lots of other people DO have a problem with it, and unlike having a fat ass, or a beer belly, or a disfigured nose, or whatever, I can't do anything about it without wearing a god-awful toupee, or attempting some unproven transplant operation that will only slightly hide the chromedome. This conflict of attitudes surrounding my appearance is what drives me mad. I'm confident enough to know it doesn't matter to me, but I'm sensitive enough to know that it holds me back, and there's nothing I can do about it. (and before you ask, NO I will not be one of those guys that wears a hat all the time!!!!!) :)

melon said:

Going back to my last post, that's an effect of DHT. So don't be surprised that bald men are typically "extremely hairy" elsewhere. But not all people with hairy chests will go bald automatically.

Melon

Wow. You mean theres some scientific basis to my observations? I will have to continue my investigation. :wink:

I used to take Propecia but it really didnt do shit. Waste of money. It sucks but just deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom