I'm in love with my best friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Palace_Hero said:
That's basically what I said..

yeah, you know what...it's really not.

you said my comments were "harsh" - and then called me "selfish" for even posting them (which was bizarre, because what on earth i would have to gain from them i have no idea...) and then you said that i was "dictating to him" when in reality, all i was doing was giving a little input, a little advice on a topic, which is exactly what this forum is for.

getting back on topic, i'd have to agree with p.h. dont tell him.

Irvine thank you for posting such a great post.

I'm a 29 year old married woman with a couple kids. I wish someone would have given me a ton of advice before I married. It would have saved me a ton of heartache in the past few months.

I think Irvine is right that you need to experience things on your own for a while and find out what you really want and feel comfortable with. If your only in love with him, it may just be that you really care about him and are comfortable with him. More of a very deep love, then really being about sex. But if you find that your attracted to other men and have a desire to have relationships with other men as well, that may answer alot of questions. I think you should try working things out in your own heart for a while, before you open up to him. No sense in loosing a good friend if you don't have to.

And just so you don't think I'm full of crap, I really know where your coming from. I'm in love with someone I would consider to be my best friend and she is a woman. I know how you are feeling. Its hard to love them and keep it a secret. I'm lucky that my best friend feels the same way about me. Of course it sort sucks that I have a husband and kids :lol: but thats a whole nother issue. :wink: My best advice is try to finger things out now before you have other people in your life that weigh into the whole situation.

Back
Top Bottom