I'm In Big Trouble, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Alright, here goes! Wish me luck. :wink:

For those of you wanting to be in the know :tongue:, here's the deal:

If anyone has seen the movie Lost In Translation, it would be a good starting point. A few years ago when I started working at the place I'm at now, a co-worker (one who worked in a different department and floor than mine) and I became sort of chat buddies. He'd come up for something and he and I would talk, mostly about music and other things like that. I developed a bit of a crush on him, and whenever I would mention him to friends I'd refer to him as "my Bob Harris", as in Bill Murray's character in LIT. He and I joke a lot- I'm kind of sarcastically cute/bitchy to him and he eats it up, etc., but we can have good talks, too - example, about a year ago I was complaining about my lack of love life and why I'm single and he said, "I can't see where there's anything wrong with you". He also knows he can say stuff to me (and vice versa) that would get either of us slapped with a sexual harrassment suit were we to say it to anyone else (nothing too bad, but bad enough ). Anyway, the fact that he's older (45-ish), we sort of worked together and it was a silly little girl crush anyhow made sure it never really amounted to anything I ever really gave much thought to. Until now.

About 3 weeks ago I started a new position on his floor. He and I aren't working closely (the most I would need from him would be an occasional file and he's all the way around on the other side), but almost every day since I started we've bumped into each other (sometimes it's not all "by chance"), and on the days when we haven't talked I admit to feeling a bit let down. I hadn't really thought that working on the same floor with him would have an effect on me, but it has, in part thanks to a friend of mine saying the other week, "I think you and he would be good together, you seem to really click well." Of course since she said that he's been all I can think about, and go to work hoping for nothing but at least one talk or run-in with him. It's sad, I know, but I can't help it.

I have my other two friends at work also teasing me about him and they told me that when he was up on my old floor the other day they asked (innocently, and not for reasons of trying to hook us up, of course) when he'd be at his bar next (sometimes he goes and does karaoke) and he said next Tuesday, so of course they made sure to tell me they were going and that they were going to take me along. Up until that point I was being very adamant about the entire thing - "He's older, I work with him, this is a bad idea"- but now I really want to go.

I think I amuse him to an extent and I certainly try and flirt but don't go too far or try not to be too obvious. I even feel like the luststruck little girl writing all of this out, but I need to vent. He's just a really cool, cute guy who happens to be nine years younger than my dad and who loves himself some rock and roll (and wants to beat up Eminem, yet another reason why I'm so endeared to him ).

Last week when I told him of my lavalife experiment a few years back and the types of people that were out there (in my neck of the woods there are a lot of "good ole boys" who wear the trucker hats, love them some country livin' and Kid Rock ) he said rather matter of factly, "You like the classic rocker guys, though, don't you". So now I'm wondering if he's putting out the feelers? Because I certainly would not be opposed to it. And P.S., he's not married and is single as far as I know of.

So, to reinerate, my ass is in trouble.

Original Thread

Quick Update (this feels SO official, lol): As of right now, he's very busy with his house and work, etc., and I'm going to just ease my way in, talk to him, feel things out, see how that goes and where it leads. I really did send my e-mail at the worst time, but hey, at least I sent it!

Now we all just have to hope that there's not a Part III (at least of pining and crushing, that is)! (Either because of him OR me, in which case there would be permission to come to MI and kick my ass. :shh: )

Remember, if you get a chance, tell him how you're meeting your Interference friend for drinks this Friday after work!

Then after we have so much fun, next week you'll have to tell him how much fun it was and that we're hoping to make it a regular thing... and then in a couple weeks for some reason I'll have to be late :hmm:

Miroslava said:
Remember, if you get a chance, tell him how you're meeting your Interference friend for drinks this Friday after work!

Then after we have so much fun, next week you'll have to tell him how much fun it was and that we're hoping to make it a regular thing... and then in a couple weeks for some reason I'll have to be late :hmm:

Definitely!

Oh my... He looks GOOD in red. :combust:

[/catches breath]

^ She is THE Smitten Kitten. :giggle:

Hope it works out for you babe - you've already put soooo much work into it! :D :hug:

i don't know, maybe you've already done this, i didn't read the entire original thread, but can't you just ask him if he wants to go get a beer after work sometime?

^ Oh, I did... e-mailed him RIGHT before he went on a business trip, got sick, I went out of town for five days, and then he moved into a new house - then on top of all that, work has been mondo busy for both of us. I think it might have gotten lost in the shuffle, or he's gotten it and is just waiting till things settle a bit... He's been the same, if not a bit nicer to me lately, so my plan is to keep talking to him and see, and yes, perhaps leave it open one night for us to go out for a beer. :shh:

Believe me, I wish I had some magic mojo and would have snagged him by now. :sigh:

Ok, I will stick to Big Daddy. Even that nickname was a bit disturbing. I shall not be referring to him by the new name. Besides, I have my own Monkey :cute: :wink:

Miroslava said:
Ok, I will stick to Big Daddy. Even that nickname was a bit disturbing. I shall not be referring to him by the new name. Besides, I have my own Monkey :cute: :wink:

It's all about that red shirt today, and it is so not even close to having a yellow thingy on it and being called a mu-mu. :laugh:

He needs to wear that shirt every day. :drool:

Monkeys :cute:

I now understand what you mean by wanting to squeeze your monkey, Miroslava! :giggle: :shifty:

I just walked by his cube and popped my head in and spoke to him (yay me!) and asked how it was all going with the house. He said that he's going to go home and die tonight, he's so tired, and that the bathroom already sprung a leak so he had to sit at home all day yesterday and wait for it to be fixed. :grumpy: His desk was a mess of papers, so he's quite busy here again.

We talked about those first few days when you can't sleep in a new house. I could have said something like, "Hey, I can come over and help you with that," if I were a bit bolder, lol. :macdevil:

:squishystudmonkey: :cute:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

It's all about that red shirt today,

cue: "wow, i like your shirt, red really suits you"
*flirt flirt flirt*

Rono said:
:drool: part two,...thank you.

I know!!!! :drool:

Do compliment his shirt April, it's easy flirting. "By the way Stud Monkey, that shirt is very becoming on you. [In a low sensual voice] If I were on you I'd be coming too." :macdevil:

Ok, that was bold and risky but you could say "Nice shirt" and wink.

I'm two for two today. :wink:

He came in the copy room when I was copying some stuff and said, "Nice shirt, btw". :flirt: He turned around and said, somewhat surprised, "You know, I've had more people say stuff to me about this shirt..." and I interjected, "Yeah, well you look really good in it!" We set about our separate business then I made a comment about my bosses keeping me busy then said "See ya later!" and walked off. :sexywink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
the bathroom already sprung a leak so he had to sit at home all day yesterday and wait for it to be fixed.

I guess he's not very good with his hands is he? :tsk:

:sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom