I'm In Big Trouble, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now it's just a question of will I see him before he leaves tonight?

Do I stay at my desk hoping he walks out this way again or do I hope to be at the front door when the end of the day comes around? :crazy:

If I go right up to his cube it would be too much; if I do ask I want it to be a "oh, hey, didja want to come along?" like it just occurred to me. :smooth: :wink:

Irvine511 said:
2. it is "soda" not "pop"

:madwife:

My mum was from the east coast. My dad was from the midwest. ...so it's soda pop. :D :yes:

I dunno, chica. I kind of think your first "outside of work" hang out with this guy should be in a group and not alone. :shrug:

Good progress today! I approve! :yes:

I am off, but you know how to get a hold of me should there be any further developments!

:hyper:

HelloAngel said:
I dunno, chica. I kind of think your first "outside of work" hang out with this guy should be in a group and not alone. :shrug:

Are we counting this in asking him to lunch? :scratch:

Anyway, I decided it was time for my tired ass to go home. I saw his car turn on (it was parked a bit across but not too far from mine) and when I turned to get into mine (and hopefully to see him, say goodnight and grow the girly balls back and say something re: the movie) he was already getting into his car. :angry: :sad:

And this morning when I told him it was too quiet my bosses weren't around and yet he didn't hang out to talk. Then again a woman we work with who's notorious for being a busybody was near us, so... I mean, he more than hasn't avoided me and hasn't been weird at all, so it's not that but I wish he were a bit more in tune with the flow of things, I guess. I mean, yes he is older and isn't the "cobra waiting to strike" as guys my age would be, and my friend said she thinks he may be exercising caution with us working together, but still... Then again, while I have struck up conversations with him now and again, there have been times when I've seen him walking behind me and won't stop to give him a chance to catch up so we can talk, etc. So I guess I alternate between flirting and acting aloof, but I don't want to be too available. :p

With stuff like that it's no wonder I have people saying "you two need to get your act together, pronto!"

I just wish I had seen what door he walked out of tonight. :hmm:

Damn man! :madwife:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Are we counting this in asking him to lunch? :scratch:

Sorry - I had totally forgotten about the lunch thing. No, the lunch thing would be a good thing! But a nighttime meet-up alone would feel like a date, and that is something that should prolly be given a bit more time. Lunch is so much more :happy: and easy.

HelloAngel said:

Sorry - I had totally forgotten about the lunch thing. No, the lunch thing would be a good thing! But a nighttime meet-up alone would feel like a date, and that is something that should prolly be given a bit more time. Lunch is so much more :happy: and easy.

Gotcha. :)

I'm thinking that when (yes, when:flirt: ) I bring up lunch, to make it so that it's a definite time like, "How about lunch tomorrow if you're not busy?" because this man would probably forget his own head in the morning if it weren't attached. :lol:

I ended up not going to see I Walk The Line this weekend, either. :grumpy:

I ended up not going to see I Walk The Line this weekend, either. :grumpy:

I haven't done shit either. I have laryngitis and can't talk at all, and have no appetite! :happy:

(Oh, and the little matter of having my boyfriend's entire family visiting on Tues-Saturday, 2 U2 shows, my best friend and her family in town and on an on. And yet, I can't talk to any of them! Ha!)

Best of luck as always with your man, chica. :wave:

HelloAngel said:

I haven't done shit either. I have laryngitis and can't talk at all, and have no appetite! :happy:

(Oh, and the little matter of having my boyfriend's entire family visiting on Tues-Saturday, 2 U2 shows, my best friend and her family in town and on an on. And yet, I can't talk to any of them! Ha!)

Best of luck as always with your man, chica. :wave:

Oh sucky! Feel better soon, girilie. :hug:

Thanks, btw. :)

I hate how in all of this, I alternate between feeling really confident to wondering what the point of it all is and if I should even really bother. :sigh:

Today is one of those, "Should I even bother?" days. I feel almost like I did before I sent him that e-mail. I mean, what if he got it and is ignoring it yet still being nice to me? :sad:

I know, think positive, but I'm sure everyone is tired by now of hearing me hem and haw over this. Grr...

*hides in corner*

Your gonna have to take the bull by it horns eventually!

You'll eat yourself alive.

Take the bull by the horns and ask him to do something with you.

If its the answer you dont want at least you know.

If you get the answer you do want, im flying over to the wedding.

This mood will pass and when it does you will wonder why you were in it.

Come on girl you know you can do it were all routing for you.
:wink:

I mean, what if he got it and is ignoring it yet still being nice to me? :sad:

Hang in there, chica. I honestly think he just didn't think it was something to reply to. :shrug: When sending emails like that, ya gotta ask a follow up question or have it be within the context of asking him about something else to which you would need a reply. Sorry if I'm not helping :(

martha said:
Poke your head in the door tomorrow at 11:30 and say: "Hey Lyle, some of us are going for lunch. Wanna come with us?" and smile very sweetly.

It might work. :shrug:

sounds like a good idea to me. :yes:

Oi... :sigh: Today my friend told me that he told her this morning that he's been a bit down lately due to the impending holidays. So now of course ever since she told me that I'm feeling bad for him and wish I could help him! :slant:

Methinks this is a good opportunity to offer my services. (Not in that way - ok, only if it's brought up, lol).

Also this morning I saw him when I was talking to a file clerk. I didn't say hello as the file clerk was already talking to me and besides, I want to start making him wonder. We were all waiting for the elevators when the file clerk asked if anyone's been giving me trouble here yet. I glanced over at BD and said to the file clerk, "Some more than others," then got on my elevator. :sexywink:

Oi... :sigh: Today my friend told me that he told her this morning that he's been a bit down lately due to the impending holidays. So now of course ever since she told me that I'm feeling bad for him and wish I could help him! :slant:

Methinks this is a good opportunity to offer my services. (Not in that way - ok, only if it's brought up, lol).

Also this morning I saw him when I was talking to a file clerk. I didn't say hello as the file clerk was already talking to me and besides, I want to start making him wonder. We were all waiting for the elevators when the file clerk asked if anyone's been giving me trouble here yet. I glanced over at BD and said to the file clerk, "Some more than others," then got on my elevator. :sexywink:

Hrmm.. OK.. Do you happen to know if he likes muffins or any kind of breakfast thing? Because you could kindly bring him something one day and when giving it to him, just say, "Just looked like you could use some sugar." And then smile sweetly and walk out. :happy:

HelloAngel said:

Hrmm.. OK.. Do you happen to know if he likes muffins or any kind of breakfast thing? Because you could kindly bring him something one day and when giving it to him, just say, "Just looked like you could use some sugar." And then smile sweetly and walk out. :happy:

I :love: this idea!

i like this idea, but another alternative might be to say instead, "you look like you need a pick me up and i've got to get out of the office for a minute -- let's go across the street to Starbucks/Caribou Coffee/whatever and grab some coffee, my treat."

if someone gave me a bucket o'muffins i'd definitely get the message, though i'm just wondering if this might not be a bit too much a little bit too overeager -- whereas grabbing coffee (*outside* the office, which is important) seems a little less "look what i've done for you" and a little more "hey, i notice you."

does that make sense?

i don't think it's a bad idea, it's just that i wouldn't want to make him feel in some way obligated to you -- a bucket o'muffins requires time, effort, and preparation, and he might then feel under some pressure to reciprocate.

and you don't want that. just yet.

should things go well in the future, there are ways that he should be taught are perfect for reciprocating ... :tongue:

slap!

bad Irvine, bad ....

I didn't mean a bucket of muffins - I meant just a regular old piece of breakfast. It doesn't have to seem like she made it or not. :shrug:

Irvine511 said:

and you don't want that. just yet.

should things go well in the future, there are ways that he should be taught are perfect for reciprocating ... :tongue:

slap!

bad Irvine, bad ....

:giggle:

Why do I get the impression that if I had a friend like you at work you'd have pushed me into him when he's walked by, or coughed "shelikesyou" under your breath while talking to him by now?

Can you come and work with us, just for a week? :sexywink:

I really need to do something, soon. I'm driving everyone and myself NUTS! :scream:

I'm going to gear myself up to ask him to lunch or find out through the grapevine if he eats breakfast before next week. :hmm:

Sorry, just rambling here. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom