I'm In Big Trouble, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irvine511 said:

well, if you'd post us a picture i could put my superpowers to work and give you a 100% accurate read on just how "festive" he really is.

it is the holiday season. you do want him to be a little festive, don't you?

;)

ps -- i LOVE that Simpsons episode. "oh homer, you are the living end."

I agree, fantastic episode! :lol:

Now I'm having all sorts of second thoughts about tomorrow... I mean, if he says yes it's a good sign, but then what if we're at lunch and it comes out he has a S.O.? That would be shitty of him if he accepted my invite and that happened. Or what if he says no? This is why I'm thinking of doing it later on in the day so I won't have to be in a sucky mood the rest of the day at work.

Then I was thinking maybe I should feel this out a bit more, get a bit more "clarity", then in a few weeks when Christmas cards start floating around (and remember, it's his b-day soon) give him one with the invite to get together during our break?

I know, I suck. You all are going to tell me to do it tomorrow, aren't you? :p lol

:laugh: I guess I will go with the minority opinion and say take your time with it. The ONLY reason I say that is it is at your job. Othewise I would say just go for it, nothing to lose. But when its at the workplace it can be a bit more complicated and you do have alot to lose. :shrug: I would find out about the S. O. deal before you proceed. Just talk to him like friends. Those kind of things come up when you approach it that way. The Holiday events are starting so you ask him about what he is doing. Its bound to come up if he does.

Blue Room said:
:laugh: I guess I will go with the minority opinion and say take your time with it. The ONLY reason I say that is it is at your job. Othewise I would say just go for it, nothing to lose. But when its at the workplace it can be a bit more complicated and you do have alot to lose. :shrug: I would find out about the S. O. deal before you proceed. Just talk to him like friends. Those kind of things come up when you approach it that way. The Holiday events are starting so you ask him about what he is doing. Its bound to come up if he does.

See, that's exactly the thing. Everytime he and I have talked since my going down there there have been prime opportunities for him to mention a S.O., along with anytime he's spoken to friends of ours and they all say he never has.

I'm thinking of just approaching him saying, "Hey, I was thinking of going out to lunch today/tomorrow... Want to go along?" If I make it seem friendly maybe it'll be less pressure on him?

Damnit, Mike, I thought the lunch option was SAFE! :laugh: ;)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

See, that's exactly the thing. Everytime he and I have talked since my going down there there have been prime opportunities for him to mention a S.O., along with anytime he's spoken to friends of ours and they all say he never has.

I'm thinking of just approaching him saying, "Hey, I was thinking of going out to lunch today/tomorrow... Want to go along?" If I make it seem friendly maybe it'll be less pressure on him?

Damnit, Mike, I thought the lunch option was SAFE! :laugh: ;)

OK, go with this. Since you found out he supposedly went to his "in laws" for Thanksgiving. Ask him how his Thanksgiving went, what he did, where he went. Its normal workplace conversation especially following a holiday. If he is real vague about it, I would say something is up. Exactly what, is hard to say. But its a start anyway. :shrug:

Blue Room said:

OK, go with this. Since you found out he supposedly went to his "in laws" for Thanksgiving. Ask him how his Thanksgiving went, what he did, where he went. Its normal workplace conversation especially following a holiday. If he is real vague about it, I would say something is up. Exactly what, is hard to say. But its a start anyway. :shrug:

Yes Thats good tact, i say go with this.

You def need to get this in laws thing straight in your mind before doing anything, and if he says all the right things, then askhim out for luch, dinner, drink...Whatever.

My horoscope for today... Too weird.

You took off like a bullet a few days ago, making great progress in a short amount of time. But now you are grappling with doubts that are undermining all your energy. Reflecting on the events of the past few days, it is obvious to you that you were somewhat reckless in your headlong pursuit of your goals. Don't give up, April, just rethink your strategy.

Ok, well I saw him and decided to ask him how his TG went.

Me: "How was your Thanksgiving?"
Him: "Alright, nothing to brag about."

Then he said something to my friend (work related) and walked back off.

:|

I gave my friend the Spanish inquisition and she said that that bridge is burned concerning his ex-family. She also said, "Yeah, we'd ALL know by now if he was married!"

He didn't look like he was in the greatest of moods, so I didn't want to push things.

i still think you should ask him if he wants to grab some lunch - you're not asking him out or anything just say you're going to teh sandwhich shop or starbucks or wherever to pick up some lunch, does he wanna get out the office?
go get a sandwhich and come straight back again if necesary, you dont have to go have a sit down meal or anything, or if you want to you can go sit in sarbucks or something.
even a 5 minute walk out of the office will let you guys have a casual chat and if at the end of it he mentions something along the lines of a girlfriend/wife whatever, its not like you've committed adultery or anything, you just went to go get some food. i don't think thats crossing any boundaries and regardless of whether you find out about his S.O. or not, it makes no difference.

hell i go get lunch with different guys from work all the time, even today with the cute one who i totally fancy and recently discovered has a girlfriend :scream:
10 hours at work on saturday and, having never had it mentioned before, all of a sudden every second word was "my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend" :banghead:

no seriously, its a good opportunity to get out the office and chat to each other and it means nothing really. we surely do not live in such an archaic society that you can't go get lunch with someone in case they have a partner.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
He walked out for lunch by my door and I got a nice smile and a "Hi, April."

If he returns through your door, tell him the next time he plans on escaping work, he should kidnap you to go with! Then give him the it sucks to be at work look :yuck:

He will relate, and hopefully rescue his smitten kitten :shifty:

*Rich Schneider voice* You can do it, April!!! :giggle:

There's only one way to end all this agony, girl - be bold and ask him to lunch/dinner/whatever outright. He may turn you down because he's taken or you're not his type or he doesn't date co-workers or whatever! At least you'll have an answer & can move on to the next step - slow but sure recovery from a serious crush or total domination over your new love slave!!! :combust: :up: :D

He's SO cute, so so so so cute... :combust:

He had to come over to talk to our boss about something and I have kisses on my desk. He asked me where he was, then came over and asked, "Can I steal a candy?" I said sure after I "had to think about it", then when he asked if there were any nuts I asked if he was allergic and he said no, then told me about that girl who died after her boyfriend kissed her. I said, "I guess you'd better find those things out before you date someone, huh?"

Then earlier I saw him behind me when I was walking (short skirt today) and kept on walking... I'm sure he was admiring it. :p

If I see him again today might be the day... He seems in a much better mood. ;)

I did it. I asked him to lunch.

I walked over to his desk and asked if he had seen the woman I work with. He said no and then I said, "Hey, what are your lunch plans the rest of this week?" He looked sort of taken aback and asked what I said so I repeated myself. He said he has plans the rest of the week, and he typically does Wed-Fri (Hmm...maybe a buddy or something?) so I asked, "So, Monday or Tuesday of next week, then?" And he said, "Yeah, sure!" Then we talked about a meeting we've all got this afternoon and before I left I said, "Ok, so Monday or Tuesday next week?", he said, "yep!" and I walked away.

Now whether or not he makes good on it, is anyone's guess.

:girlyballs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom