I'm In Big Trouble (Or Not), Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug: April

This guy has the winning lottery ticket (metaphorically speaking) and he doesn't even know it.
How can any man in their right mind turn you down. You have it all. Smart, witty, attractive, caring, sweet, great personality, attractive, great smile, attractive. Did I mention attractive. :wink:
Talk about dropping the ball on this one. This guy had his chance and he blew it.
I really feel like smacking this guy in the head, just to knock some sense into him.

:hug:

i just read your posts, and you seem like a really, truly awesome girl. he doesnt deserve you, (and this is coming from a guy). we're jerks, but theres a couple good ones still out there. Bottom line is you're gorgueous (as evident by your pics on int), you're absolutely sweet, and you seem like a blast to be around. I think any guy would be really lucky to have you. he doesnt know what he lost out on....

you should become callous and shallow like me...the only time i cry is during the lion king or if i lose an election :wink:

seriously. :|

:hug: cry all you want though it'll feel good when you're done.

I'm happy that you went for it. People who don't risk, don't gain. You can learn something about yourself from this experience, and take that to the next one.

Also, you learned something about this guy before you invested any more in him. Isn't it better to learn that now, rather than after a relationship developed?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I got hurt and I'm a very sensitive person and obviously feel things very deep. It just means that I cry things out a lot. :slant:

HelloAngel, those are some great posts. I think you are right on. :up:

April, I dont blame you for being upset about it. The skipping out on lunch thing was just tacky any way you slice it. Like I said in your journal, hang in there! :hug:

Miroslava, :yikes: :ohmy: :laugh:

joerags said:
:hug: April

This guy has the winning lottery ticket (metaphorically speaking) and he doesn't even know it.
How can any man in their right mind turn you down. You have it all. Smart, witty, attractive, caring, sweet, great personality, attractive, great smile, attractive. Did I mention attractive. :wink:
Talk about dropping the ball on this one. This guy had his chance and he blew it.
I really feel like smacking this guy in the head, just to knock some sense into him.

Thank you, joerags, you're very sweet.

I went up and had a good laugh with my friends near the end of the day, and when I came back had a slight run in with him, and felt fine. He just held the door open for me as I passed through, so obviously he doesn't hate me that much.

This thread has been very helpful to me. You guys all kickass. :yes:

Hi April!

I just got back from Boston and have been catching up on these threads. That is VERY disappointing, but I think everything that Lisa and Carrie have said is true. I think you are at the point now where you can at least salvage the friendship and the office normalcy. Just make every contact with him pleasant, smile alot, and eventually things will at least get back to normal and nothing will be weird. Then if he asks you to lunch at a later date, great, and if not....well.....you did your very best. :shrug:

Sorry this has been such a struggle. :hug:

Irvine511 said:
and besides, older men can have ... let's say difficulty "rising" to the occasion, on occasion. (been there, didn't do that ... because *he* couldn't)

:mac:

and then move on.
:laugh:

Sorry to hear about your troubles, April.

U2democrat said:
the only time i cry is during the lion king or if i lose an election :wink:

Hey, that movie gets me all the time too!

Hey April,
Things will get better at the office pretty quickly I'm sure. Hang in there. Don't be embarassed. I think you are pretty friggin cool for doing what you did with this situation! Just throw stuff around if you need to, you know...or like take a baseball bat to a copy machine out back or something with loud, angry rap music in the background and beat the shit out of it...yeah, that's the answer...

:whistle:

Got Philk? said:

Hey, that movie gets me all the time too!

Hey April,
Things will get better at the office pretty quickly I'm sure. Hang in there. Don't be embarassed. I think you are pretty friggin cool for doing what you did with this situation! Just throw stuff around if you need to, you know...or like take a baseball bat to a copy machine out back or something with loud, angry rap music in the background and beat the shit out of it...yeah, that's the answer...

:whistle:

Yeah, that's the ticket! :lol:

Thanks, Phil. I'm sure things will go back to normal again soon, at least if he stops his behavior. Today was alright, though, I must say, the very little that I saw him. Like I said before, my behavior during all of our encounters has been friendly, flirty, etc.. There have been no "wounded girl" looks and what not. If he saw me yesterday and I looked upset, hopefully he didn't know it had anything to do with him.

If he comes up to me next week about lunch, great. Hell, if he came up to me tomorrow with an invite for anything, I'm 100% positive I'd say yes, so I'm not out of the woods yet. :p But for now I'm going to focus on having a great time this weekend in Cleveland, and hope the rest of the work week flies by and is as normal as possible.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I feel like an idiot now, looking back on all of our talks and flirts and wondering now why did he even bother getting so close? I mean, seriously.

I think I'm finished with men. They're not worth the heartbreak.

Don't give up.

April my love!!!!

Stud Monkey is clearly a Monkey Butt and not the other way around.

You are a beautiful woman. You're smart, caring, funny and have impeccable taste in music. There is nothing wrong with you darling. You're perfect just the way you are.

If he never takes you up on your lunch offer, then he wasn't worth it. But the good thing is, you'll never ask yourself "what if?" because you made an effort to make things happen.

Much love to you chica! :hug:

April :hug:

I'm in a situation thats a little different then yours, but I feel like I'm riding in the same boat as you. boys :sad:

I admire you so much for having the guts to go ask him to lunch. You took a chance, and that is much better than living with what ifs had you never asked at all. You put the ball in his court, and if he chooses not to do anything with it, its his loss.

Take notice of all the love and advice you get in this thread. Listen to these people instead of whatever negative thoughts pop into your head.

angel_of_L.A. said:
April my love!!!!

Stud Monkey is clearly a Monkey Butt and not the other way around.

You are a beautiful woman. You're smart, caring, funny and have impeccable taste in music. There is nothing wrong with you darling. You're perfect just the way you are.

If he never takes you up on your lunch offer, then he wasn't worth it. But the good thing is, you'll never ask yourself "what if?" because you made an effort to make things happen.

Much love to you chica! :hug:

Awww... angel. :hug: I wish I could be calling him names right now, but I guess I'm not at that point yet. Give me time, though.

The weird thing is, it seemed like everytime I'd have a good "BD day", I'd get into my car at the end of the day and boom - Paul McCartney, Bruce or John Mellencamp (three guys we always talk about) would be on the radio. Last night I got in and what's playing? "Hurts So Good", a song he and I talked about just a month or so back that seems to have been haunting me ever since! :mad:

"Let's just be each other's soul mates, and guys can be these guys we have fun with occasionally."
Great line:)
I can totally relate to you sweetie.i have been through a lot shit like that. Recently, my so called friend from time to time did all that flirting stuff and worse and i felt same as you now.

Irvine511 said:
what does he look like?

seriously.

If I had to compare him to a celebrity (which is just easier, since I don't have a picture), it would probably be Bill Murray... He's got the hairline (but he's not going gray), he's got these really nice and sweet dark brown eyes, a great smile that lights up his face, he's even got some scars on his chin that I find really sexy. He's a bit taller than me, but not by much (I'm 5'7, so he's probably 5'10 or so), he's got this real confident walk, and his confidence shows in his personality but it's not arrogant. He's also funny and mischevious and at times yeah, he can be a bit ornery, but for me that was always part of the charm. :mad:

And listen to me... I should be finding ways to tear him down right now. :banghead:

I am good for that too! What do you think camera phones are for? Huh? Huh?

Dooooooooooo it :macdevil:

Back
Top Bottom