I'm In Big Trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
If anyone has seen the movie Lost In Translation, it would be a good starting point. A few years ago when I started working at the place I'm at now, a co-worker (one who worked in a different department and floor than mine) and I became sort of chat buddies. He'd come up for something and he and I would talk, mostly about music and other things like that. I developed a bit of a crush on him, and whenever I would mention him to friends I'd refer to him as "my Bob Harris", as in Bill Murray's character in LIT. He and I joke a lot- I'm kind of sarcastically cute/bitchy to him and he eats it up, etc., but we can have good talks, too - example, about a year ago I was complaining about my lack of love life and why I'm single and he said, "I can't see where there's anything wrong with you". He also knows he can say stuff to me (and vice versa) that would get either of us slapped with a sexual harrassment suit were we to say it to anyone else (nothing too bad, but bad enough :macdevil: ). Anyway, the fact that he's older (45-ish), we sort of worked together and it was a silly little girl crush anyhow made sure it never really amounted to anything I ever really gave much thought to. Until now.

About 3 weeks ago I started a new position on his floor. He and I aren't working closely (the most I would need from him would be an occasional file and he's all the way around on the other side), but almost every day since I started we've bumped into each other (sometimes it's not all "by chance"), and on the days when we haven't talked I admit to feeling a bit let down. I hadn't really thought that working on the same floor with him would have an effect on me, but it has, in part thanks to a friend of mine saying the other week, "I think you and he would be good together, you seem to really click well." Of course since she said that he's been all I can think about, and go to work hoping for nothing but at least one talk or run-in with him. It's sad, I know, but I can't help it.

I have my other two friends at work also teasing me about him and they told me that when he was up on my old floor the other day they asked (innocently, and not for reasons of trying to hook us up, of course) when he'd be at his bar next (sometimes he goes and does karaoke) and he said next Tuesday, so of course they made sure to tell me they were going and that they were going to take me along. Up until that point I was being very adamant about the entire thing - "He's older, I work with him, this is a bad idea"- but now I really want to go.

I think I amuse him to an extent and I certainly try and flirt but don't go too far or try not to be too obvious. I even feel like the luststruck little girl writing all of this out, but I need to vent. He's just a really cool, cute guy who happens to be nine years younger than my dad and who loves himself some rock and roll (and wants to beat up Eminem, yet another reason why I'm so endeared to him :sexywink: ).

Last week when I told him of my lavalife experiment a few years back and the types of people that were out there (in my neck of the woods there are a lot of "good ole boys" who wear the trucker hats, love them some country livin' and Kid Rock :|) he said rather matter of factly, "You like the classic rocker guys, though, don't you". So now I'm wondering if he's putting out the feelers? Because I certainly would not be opposed to it. And P.S., he's not married and is single as far as I know of.

So, to reinerate, my ass is in trouble.

Well, I say feel it out and if there's a green light and you want to, go for it. Discreetly since you know him from work...

Lots of us are fans of older men. :drool:

Although I am probably not the best person to give advice when it comes to men. :sexywink:

Let's cut to the chase...without considering the age difference because that's not important but ... WHAT IF things between you two progressed to the Dirty deed after X-amount of dates, what's gonna happen at work? would it effect your job? would it effect his job? would you be able to continue working together? are you prepared to handle that? your answers will predict the future....good luck. :)

Mr. BAW said:
Let's cut to the chase...without considering the age difference because that's not important but ... WHAT IF things between you two progressed to the Dirty deed after X-amount of dates, what's gonna happen at work? would it effect your job? would it effect his job? would you be able to continue working together? are you prepared to handle that? your answers will predict the future....good luck. :)

I was hoping you'd reply to this, Rick. :)

Luckily, he's not a supervisor and has no "pull" over me, so that rules out that scenario. Also, from what I can tell it's only my three friends who know of this crush. I know, word travels fast in an office, but hopefully if anything were to happen we'd be discreet. We've done our joking in front of others, and the fact that my friend picked up on something could be a warning of sorts for the furture, but if we're both mature over it, I see no problem.

I don't really know what I would expect or want should things progress, but I'd hope I (and he) could deal with them, however it goes. if anything, I want it to be a natural progression without a ton of expectations weighing things down.

Take it slow; make sure that your impressions of him are correct; let him know in advance with your expectations are and ask the same of him...is he attached, unattached, any kids in his past; if you're satisfied, I say Green Light, baby!!!!

:hyper:

Mr. BAW said:

Not only that, but say something does develop, but it ends. How would that affect you -- having to see him at work all the time?

That being said, older men can be great. :wink:

Good luck.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
He and I joke a lot- I'm kind of sarcastically cute/bitchy to him and he eats it up, etc., but we can have good talks, too - example, about a year ago I was complaining about my lack of love life and why I'm single and he said, "I can't see where there's anything wrong with you". He also knows he can say stuff to me (and vice versa) that would get either of us slapped with a sexual harrassment suit were we to say it to anyone else (nothing too bad, but bad enough :macdevil: ).

That is exactly how Ernie and I started out at work. :lol: I really never thought anything would come of it...but now I'm living with the guy. I say go for it! :wink:

As for him being older than you...if you guys get along fine, and the age difference doesn't bother either of you, than nuts to what anybody might say about it.

JessicaAnn said:

Not only that, but say something does develop, but it ends. How would that affect you -- having to see him at work all the time?

That being said, older men can be great. :wink:

Good luck.

Exactly, this is something I've also thought of, and I'm not sure how I would be.

This said, there's a redhead (married with kids, I believe) he always talks to in the store downstairs, and Monday when I saw them talk I felt a twinge of jealously, but if she's married and they're not flirting I should have no issues with it, so after I realized that I felt better.

I don't know, right now I'm wondering if he's caught on yet that I like him. :eek: :reject: And if he has, how does he feel about it...

Well now my friends are telling me to chill out and I'm wondering how to take it. I know they were just teasing me this past week or so but I guess I should just relax and see how things progress, eh? For all I know the age/work thing could freak him out, or he may not even like me that way. :slant:

I wanna keep tabbed into this adventure! :D
I agree with other statements about older guys being :drool:
And if you click you click. Its not like theres some barrier between you and somebody older that makes it weird that you get along really well.

For all I know the age/work thing could freak him out, or he may not even like me that way. :slant:

It's difficult ground to tread. You may want to just continue things as they are and see if they continue to build, as opposed to making a quick, bold move that has the potential to make things extremely awkward, should it not go as you hope.

u2bonogirl said:
I wanna keep tabbed into this adventure! :D
I agree with other statements about older guys being :drool:
And if you click you click. Its not like theres some barrier between you and somebody older that makes it weird that you get along really well.

I was waiting for you to add your two cents to this, too, Tara! :sexywink:

I think one of the main reasons why I like him is because he's older. There's just something about a man (not guy, a man :drool: ) who's already been there, done that, that's incredibly sexy. And to think of what else he knows... :faint:

I'm going to try and relax for now, and as one friend put it, "You want to get established for now first." Like you said, Kat, making one bold move so early might damage our friendship/my status here, and I don't want that at all.

I'm normally all for being bold...but, with the work situation, you have to play it safe.

Keep us posted! :D

Well now my friends are telling me to chill out and I'm wondering how to take it. I know they were just teasing me this past week or so but I guess I should just relax and see how things progress, eh? For all I know the age/work thing could freak him out, or he may not even like me that way. :slant:

Pop Angel,
You are absolutely right with this. Just relax, don't do anything different, and flirt all you want. If things start to move one way, or the other, go with it baby! I know from...well...being a man that rushing into things can backfire a little. Sometimes alot. :shrug:

Got Philk? said:

Pop Angel,
You are absolutely right with this. Just relax, don't do anything different, and flirt all you want. If things start to move one way, or the other, go with it baby! I know from...well...being a man that rushing into things can backfire a little. Sometimes alot. :shrug:

Definitely. I was just talking about that last night and again today. I think that 95% of the time when I like someone, I tend to go crazy and it ends up blowing up in my face! I fall "in like" too easily, and once it goes past that, I'm a goner.

I think taking things as they are for the moment and going with the flow = best plan of action. Of course, the short skirts and sarcastic and cute comments will still be in play. :sexywink:

U2democrat said:
To quote John Mellencamp, "Men aren't worth a fuck until they're 40."

Oh how true. Good luck April :hug:

DAMN!!!:ohmy: YOU ARE A GENUIS!!!
4 real tho!!!:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom