I'm gonna get this off my chest once and for all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've read them all with the exception of the most recent (I'm sure I'll get to it someday, but I have a lot of other books I want to read more). I've seen all of the films so far, and am seeing the new one tomorrow night, but am only even remotely excited about it because of Jarvis Cocker. I think they're entertaining (except the second one...and I didn't love the fifth one), but I get tired of seeing so many academic analyses of HP when almost none of JK Rowling's ideas/creatures are original, and I think there are many other childrens books much more worthy of attention.

Tara, I am sorry, and don't mean to offend you, but everything I read about that church of yours horrifies me. I don't know how you stand them. First they criticize you for dancing with Bono, then they say that God pre-plans who will believe the gospel and thus who goes to hell, and now this??? I hope you are taking everything they say with a serious truck full of salt!!!! If you want to read the books and they bring you enjoyment, then read them and don't let those busybodies tell you what to do!!

*deep breath*

Now then...I have never read the HP books, but I have seen one of the movies. I never really got all that into them, but I can see why people like them. One of my favourite childhood books was the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and I can't wait for that movie to come out!! :hyper:

Last edited:
I've read all the books and have seen all the movies. I don't consider myself a fan and don't plan on it. A bunch of my schoolfriends are actually watching the movie tonight at midnight and then aren't coming to school the next day, just to watch it again in theaters :eyebrow: . now that's a bit strange..

but I agree about the whole Harry Potter hype and how it's overrated. I think the entire hype in general is really irritating, but like Meghan said, it's good that kids (and adults) are reading something I guess.

Mrs. Edge said:
Tara, I am sorry, and don't mean to offend you, but everything I read about that church of yours horrifies me. I don't know how you stand them. First they criticize you for dancing with Bono, then they say that God pre-plans who will believe the gospel and thus who goes to hell, and now this??? I hope you are taking everything they say with a serious truck full of salt!!!! If you want to read the books and they bring you enjoyment, then read them and don't let those busybodies tell you what to do!!

*deep breath*

Now then...I have never read the HP books, but I have seen one of the movies. I never really got all that into them, but I can see why people like them. One of my favourite childhood books was the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and I can't wait for that movie to come out!! :hyper:
That wasnt the church Im going to now, it was the one in Oregon that I grew up in.
I didnt mean to come off as making my church seem horrible. They really arent!
If you ever walked into the church of mine from Oregon then you would realize that they are warm, inviting, loving people. A lot of them are recovered alcoholics, or druggies (its a beach thing :wink: ) and theres piercings and tattoos....so theyre not all rigid, they just arent comfortable with their kids reading about witchcraft without knowing more about it first.

Sorry to veer this thread off topic, I just kind of felt the need to let Jess know that my church people arent trolls :wink:

They also happen to think that lord of the rings is the greatest thing since sliced cheese too :scratch: and I really dont see the logic behind that one since theres wizardry in it and everything but whateva

Movies are so much easier to digest than books... :drool:

So I have not read any of the Harry Potter books, but watched all the movies. :wink:

I don't really care for harry potter either, and haven't read any of the books. I don't care for the fantasy genre as a whole and have never seen the lord of the rings either :shrug:

youtooellen said:
A bunch of my schoolfriends are actually watching the movie tonight at midnight and then aren't coming to school the next day, just to watch it again in theaters :eyebrow: . now that's a bit strange..

i just got home from the midnight show, no one in my family is going to school tomorrow, and guess where we're going in the afternoon, just as soon as i'm done at work?

:giggle:

:happy:

bonosgirl84 said:

i just got home from the midnight show, no one in my family is going to school tomorrow, and guess where we're going in the afternoon, just as soon as i'm done at work?

:giggle:

:happy:

Lucky, I have 13 more hours. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom