I'm going to get flamed but this pisses me off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Shit...I just want to move to London! Again, Stormy, you really seem to enjoy stirring things up around here. I was quite shocked when I learned that you weren't a teenager, because you certainly present yourself as one.

Hey now, don't insult some of the teens we have here!
smile.gif

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
All I will say is that I have discussed this privately with people who have no connection to this board, and they have said what is 'scary' is the fact that people would move from all over the world to 'make a new life for themselves' in a place because a rock band lives there.

Of course they did...I would too. Except that's NOT why I'm going. LMAO oh Stormy there's no helping you, I'm glad I provided you some more material so you can up your post count. Have fun will you...and tell John Sampson (Bono's bodyguard) I said hi when you call to warn him about me
wink.gif

[edited for mistypes and to give a shoutout to Diemen who was very articulate and fair though we've never spoken, thanks buddy]

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 05-01-2002).]

Originally posted by mbi16:
tell John Sampson (Bono's bodyguard) I said hi when you call and to warn him about me
wink.gif

I already took care of that...they should have all received my memos by now.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Amen, Diemen!!
smile.gif

Now -

I suppose you could also say that I must be stalker because I would like to visit Bristol after hearing so much about it in Depeche Mode articles.

I also must be a stalker because I'd like to visit Notting Hill after hearing Damon Albarn say so much about it.

And perchance, should I love Notting Hill, I might someday see fit to move there. Because, you know, obviously moving from one continent to another isn't a big deal - real cheap, actually!!
rolleyes.gif
And thus, through no fault of my own, I'd be living a stone's throw from Damon Albarn whom I greatly respect, and who just so happened to draw my attention to a special corner of the world.

Same thing goes for Dublin, etc. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know much about it if I hadn't become interested in U2. It is because of the wonderful pictures U2 has painted of Dublin that I aspire to visit there one day. If like many, I visit and fall in love with it and move there in the distant future - that has zero to do with being close to U2.

I have a feeling that the story presented was a little more one sided in order to maybe gain reinforcement for your feelings and opinion, but I can't really blame you for that. When we as people tell stories or give opinions one rarely gives an accurate unbiased presentation. As for the observation I have not seen any recent articles that have supported this theory but I did not know for sure so I will keep my eyes out for the big up coming story on the nightly news. I just think that there is some thing else that is going on and you should not say the things you are saying if you are trying to cover up for some other event that is going on, AND obviously you had some one in mind as the other members have pointed out. So please just don't beat around the bush and dick us all around. I may sound a little mad and that is because I feel a little played. I was inclined to agree with you until I read the whole thread and some one called bull shit you.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by mbi16:

[edited for mystypes and to give a shoutout to Diemen who was very articulate and fair though we've never spoken, thanks buddy]

Anytime, mbi. I guess I like to think optimistically of others until proven otherwise. And you know, most people who use common sense (gee, who else used that term in this thread?) realize that people don't move to a different continent for a summer just to stalk a band.
smile.gif

(that's honestly one thing that still blows me mind. mbi: I'm going to be working in Dublin for a summer. Stormy: Gasp - she's stalking the band! -- uh, wtf? Where the hell did that connection come from?)

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Hey now, don't insult some of the teens we have here!
smile.gif

Yeah, but you know what I mean! There are a lot of very mature and intelligent people here who are in their teens...I just find it repulsive that someone who is much older than I am acts so childish...

My thoughts:

I think if I had the opportunity to go to Ireland I would take it in a heartbeat, not just because U2 is there. In all reality, I most likely would not run into them on the street or in a store.

I'd go for the experience, not having been to Europe, I'd take the opportunity if given.

Marina, have an awesome time. Will I fit in your suitcase???
wink.gif

Stormy, I feel the same way Spinny and Bonochick do, I tried to be nice to you, yet you spent a lot of time feeling sorry for yourself, or wanting people to feel sorry for you. I feel no sympathy for someone who begs for it. I think you are just after attention, and well you're getting it, I hope this makes you happy.

------------------
Daisy
insert random quote here

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

Even if someone was going to Dublin to stalk the band why should you get involved? Pesonally, I'd love to go to Ireland. I've wanted to visit there my entire life. Sure, U2 has a part in it. I've learned alot about Ireland from them. I've said this before but I'll say it again
If you don't like someone's driving, get off the sidewalk!

------------------
He who stands atop the highest pyramid of skulls can see the farthest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://all.at/bag <--friends site

Originally posted by RavenStar:

If you don't like someone's driving, get off the sidewalk!

Was Bono driving again?
wink.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

How come this thread is still open? Its the same boring one thats been closed elsewhere.

I've seen a lot of immature stuff on this board, but I think this one takes the cake.
I won't say you are jealous or whatever else stormy, I honestly believe that this is just something that bugs you, however the way in which you try and get your point across is never going to get people to agree with you.

I just wish people would behave in a way on the net that that would in the flesh. I don't see how the net gives anyone licence to throw human decency and respect for others out the window. You say whatever this girl is doing annoys you, well your lack of respect for others annoys me, and obviously a lot of other people here too. Difference is, we just don't start threads about it.
Yes we are all entitled to our opinions, but its the way in which we voice them that makes the difference.

Well the other thread was started by someone else.. and pretty much ruined. I felt it should be closed.

I figure this is her thread here, let her get flamed. She deserves it.

She made her bed...

Once again, I'm always questioned no matter what I do. Bleh.
tongue.gif

Nah I wasnt having a go at the mods Sicy. It just seems like the same thread, same complaints thats all. It was more a comment about someone posting the same crap in 2 places. Although Im sure theres probably more of it in PLEBA too lol

Originally posted by Sicy:

I figure this is her thread here, let her get flamed. She deserves it.

She made her bed...

I agree with you Sicy. Stormy has never held back what she thinks about anyone or any subject being discussed here so why should we be any different towards her?

Just like a few others have said, I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt many, many times but its really clear that she doesn't like anyone here. I'm really tired of her tantrums and whining for attention. One day she's happy and posting pictures with us, the next day she decides she has nothing in common with us and we just "annoy" her. If you don't agree with her, chances are she'll rip you a new one and harp on it for days. That kind of shit should stop when you leave jr. high school.

And a final message to Stormy:

Grow up Stormy, and just worry about yourself. You don't need to protect U2 or Ireland from the "obsessed fans of the world." Don't worry about whose "mommy and daddy" pays their bills. Don't let a message board have so much control over your life and emotions. This is supposed to be fun. Its not the real world. If we upset and disgust you that much, why are you still here?

Originally posted by Diemen:

(that's honestly one thing that still blows me mind. mbi: I'm going to be working in Dublin for a summer. Stormy: Gasp - she's stalking the band! -- uh, wtf? Where the hell did that connection come from?)

I know trust me I know...I put the message up before going to sleep and I checked e-mail notification cause I honestly didn't expect that many replies. I woke up this morning to find my mailbox overflowing with notifications. I was completely dumbfounded to see what had become of some simple honest questions. Oh well...to each his own.

kobayashi, my other unsung hero, many thanks. And thanks to all my pleba sisters, you gals are the best. And just everyone that replied with support it's impossible to name everyone.

Daisy I can for sure make some room in my suitcase, and I do want everyone to know that when I get a place, and this will happen, you're all welcome to crash if you're ever in town, be it LA, Dublin, Miami, or S?o Paulo.

*bets money Stormy will call this a lame attempt at self-promotion* Oh well, don't forget to e-mail me your address so I can send you Bono's hair after me and MVD are done clipping it.

This is the last of me you'll hear on this subject, I am too busy looking for a place and e-mailing resumes.

Love,
Marina Chapman

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Originally posted by Sicy:
Once again, I'm always questioned no matter what I do. Bleh.
tongue.gif

Sicy, why are you doing this?
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Anyway, right on! lol

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 05-01-2002).]

Ok I guess I should apologize for my above statement regarding leavig the thread open.

I should not be stooping to others' childish levels, although I just felt like Stormy was really in the wrong here and this isnt the first time she has caused a stir. Starting with the whole stupid thing about the MacPhisto status... leading to the whole deal in pleba and now recently all this.

Sorry Stormy but I just was feeling a little fed up with your posting habits, as others have as well. I shouldnt ask people to flame you, but it was a spur of the moment feeling. You should expect that it is going to happen, and you even say "ok I'm going to get flamed for this but.. " Its like you enjoy it.. so that's why I said what I did. You know you're going to get flamed, yet you dont seem to mind telling people exactly how you feel. I am the same way.

Any more final thoughts? Cuz I'm about to close this one too.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

Please close it, Sicy... This thread is just a ridiculous copy of that one in EYKIW.

(I didn't have a chance to say this in the original thread, so I'm saying this here instead. Good luck and enjoy your time in Dublin, Marina!
smile.gif
)

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 05-01-2002).]

Now I know I'm not the crazy one.

I really do feel sorry for U2, honestly I do, because I know how much they valued their peace and privacy and ability to live freely in Dublin the way other stars can't in other places, and I hope that isn't spoiled for them.

No one said you're crazy.

But i do think it's a bit too much to just assume that everyone who moves to Dublin does it because of U2.

EVERYONE knows (U2 included) there's "normal" fans and there's obsessed fans (i think we all agree it's not apropriate to take the "fan" thing overboard. that's why a celebrity gets alarms and security around the house if necessary) - it's a price to pay along with loss of privacy to some extent. I'm sure U2 has managed and got used to it over the years. Like i said, i don't think that they can walk around all over Dublin just like that anyway.

Originally posted by U2girl:
No one said you're crazy.

But i do think it's a bit too much to just assume that everyone who moves to Dublin does it because of U2.

Exactly. There is more to life than U2, even in Dublin. And I'm sure these people realize that.

I personally think that way too much attention and controversy has been created over this. Time to let it go, Stormy.

All I will say is that I have discussed this privately with people who have no connection to this board, and they have said what is 'scary' is the fact that people would move from all over the world to 'make a new life for themselves' in a place because a rock band lives there. They also agreed that the constant hounding of the band will only cause them to tighten their security and/or move, and that is sad. The people told me the things I speculated on were 'common sense' and blurted them out before I ever even finished. It's nice to talk to someone who has no emotional attachment to the board or any of its posters. Now I know I'm not the crazy one.

Well of course these people would agree with you, since their only knowledge of this person is through your obviously biased opinion. So in other words, you discussed this with people who don't have a clue about this person moving to Dublin (and you obviously don't either), and you gave them a misinformed opinion to go on by insinuating that the main reason this person is moving to Dublin is to stalk U2. Most common sense people would agree with you if the only thing they knew about the person was that they were going to Dublin to stalk U2. But the fact is, that is your opinion only, and from all accounts here, a very misinformed and petty opinion.

And if "constant hounding" is indeed what this person is going to do, well then yes, that would be a shame. But I find it extremely petty, immature and unfair to claim that the only thing this person is going to be doing in Dublin is following around U2. You do not just uproot your life and move somewhere simply because you want access to a band. It might be a nice perk to live in the same city as U2, but people still have to make a living and live their own life. And I seem to remember her starting the thread saying she was going there for a summer only, and to WORK. Not some little move just to stalk the band, but to work. Unless you're paranoid and delusional enough to think that the job and getting and apartment and all that is just a front for her ulterior motive of hounding the band until they beef up security.
rolleyes.gif

Here's my theory: you're just plain jealous that this person has the opportunity to move to Dublin and is actually following through on it. It bugs you to no end that someone who has already met U2 has the chance to live in the same city for a while. It's just not fair (boo hoo). So in order to make yourself feel a little better, you've convinced yourself that this person is moving for petty reasons, only to stalk the band, and golly-gee-gosh, that's just terrible for U2, so aren't you doing us all a service by informing us of how wrong that is?
rolleyes.gif

What other people do with their lives - especially on such a controversial level as *gasp* moving to a new city - is both none of your business and also very little grounds for you to bitch and moan. Get a life.

*Edited to include more factual data on mbi - and a little more ranting
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 05-01-2002).]

Verry well said Diemen!! I agree 100%!

------------------
Looking for the one
But you know you're
somewhere else instead..
I want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head .....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom