I'm going to be 30 this week and I don't like it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arw

Blue Crack Addict
My birthday is on Friday. :( I've never dreaded anything more in my life than this Friday. I don't want to be 30. :mad: I don't have job because I just got laid off, again. Unemployed seems to be attached to my name the past few years. Due to that my parents basement is where I call home. It's not a bad setup I have here but it's just gotten old. I live in a brand new house and I have two bedrooms and a bathroom. My parents never ever come down here. I have all the privacy I want unless I go upstairs. I don't pay a cent to live here. They pay for my phone, cable, and high speed internet. So I really can't complain too much but it's just hard to be here.....at 30. I have to tell them every detail of my life if I leave the house or come in late, which makes me feel like I'm a little kid. But living with my parents is just part of it. I know it's just a number but I always thought I'd be somewhere at 30 instead of being single and unemployed. Where that somewhere is I'll never know. If I knew I'd go after it. It's even harder to see my 25 year old sister on her own with a career making decent money. :sigh: :sad: I just don't want to be 30.

you know when my birthday is....and you know I am two years older than you....with that being said...you should know that I spent m 30th birthdya the SAME EXACT WAY (minus living at home bit...which means I needed to find a way to pay rent).

Look at it as just another stage in your life. Yes, at least now I have a job...but things aren't that pretty. I have been telling myself (and lately, I have had to do a lot of self-reminders of this) that good things come to those who wait. Amanda...we are still sooooooo young. Keep that in mind...and you will pull through this!

:D

I was married and settled down when I turned 30 almost 8 years ago but it wasn't an easy birthday nonetheless. Leaving your 20's behind is a hard thing to do no matter what your situation.

Things will work out for you, I promise. :hug:

:applaud: Really-it's not that bad! It's just a number!! Hey, I am 44 and I remember when my friend fret and fret, cried because her 30th Birthday was coming and she just couldn't face it. Like you, she thought things would be different by then! Anytime you want to, you can turn it around, just don't give up! Here, I was looking at 44, unemployed for 4 months, and separated. Well, I found the answer when I went to college. I got a job AT the college, applied for financial aid to go to school, and filed for divorce all in one year. but at least I am on my way to something, and on to my dreams. I know, not everyone is like me, and maybe the answer for you isn't school, but keep looking, you will find..well, what you are looking for! :wink: Good Luck!

:hug: The most difficult time I've had in my life (so far) was from my mid to late 20's. I was unemployed, living in my parent's basement and had no boyfriend. Things did turn around and I haven't looked back. I'm sure things will turn around for you as well.

Birthday wishes will be sent in your general direction on your birthday.

Talk about light at the end of the tunnel....in 1986, I suffered an on-duty motorcycle accident that resulted in a work-related retirement; I lost my mom to an 11-year about with cancer and I was going through the last stages of my divorce from 1983-1986....

and then I met BAW.....:heart:

My thirties have been fantastic. I got married, bought a house, had 1.7 children, worked out which hair style actually suited me, etc. It has been a time of great inner peace for me and I wish you the same. :up:

Happy birthday to arw9 and zonez

zoney! said:
you know when my birthday is....

Amanda...we are still sooooooo young. Keep that in mind...and you will pull through this!
:D

Well, you know when my birthday is as well.

Also, I feel old, and I'm only turning 25. No more excuses about being a kid. I can rent a car now.

That being said, I always think that maybe sometime soon it will turn itself around.

So. Yeah.

I had no problem turning 30. I guess because I had done everything I wanted to do up to that point, including being married since I just turned 25.

My hard birthday was to turn 33.:slant: Now, I don't know why that one was so hard, but it was. I guess because I feel like I'm finally leaving my chance to be young behind.

BUT, I have a chipper, buoyant personality, and I have a LOT of goals set up for my 33rd year and beyond. I think one of the chief keys to being happy is to have goals. If you have goals it doesn't matter how old you are, as long as those goals reflect your values and are truly what you want to do. If not, then you're going to feel really stressed out starting to get old.

I'm about to turn 27 and don't know what to think about that. If anything, it makes me yearn for high school days of being stupid without consequence. Now, everything is the domino effect. Even going out to dinner requires lots of thought. :eeklaugh:

I am all about goals, too. Which is why I have started making preparations to move to NYC next year. It is the one thing in life I've always know that I needed to do in order to fulfill my other goal of being a writer (which I already am, just not professionally).

HelloAngel said:
I'm about to turn 27 and don't know what to think about that. If anything, it makes me yearn for high school days of being stupid without consequence. Now, everything is the domino effect. Even going out to dinner requires lots of thought. :eeklaugh:

I am all about goals, too. Which is why I have started making preparations to move to NYC next year. It is the one thing in life I've always know that I needed to do in order to fulfill my other goal of being a writer (which I already am, just not professionally).

Cool, Hello Angel. I write, too. In fact, the one of the reasons I write on this site is because I'm avoiding writing on Corel WordPerfect most of the time. I told my husband today, I'd rather be out chasing rainbows (like a dog chases a car) then sitting here writing.:lol: But, then, at the same time you love it. Writers are so weird!:eyebrow:

Yes, and it's even harder when you have kid because everything you do then becomes a major production.:eyebrow:

thanks for the kind words everyone! I know I'll be ok but it just sucks right now. :mad: This is my 3rd straight year of being unemployed on my birthday. I'm hoping it's my last. I have two potential jobs I'm waiting to hear back from. I have connections at both places so it's pretty much just the waiting game. If I get the job that I want I could definitely be out of the basement and in my own place in a few months. I'm not so sure about the other job, but I'll take it if I have too.

I'll be out of town for the weekend having some fun instead of sitting on my ass doing nothing like I normally do for my birthday. I think that will make the 30 not suck as much.

Happy Birthday Zoney and Ody! :hug:

I totally understand what you're feeling.. i'll turn 30 next july, and i'm already planning on moving to the rocky mountains or something for a couple of months - or a year- .. in part, to live my last adventures b4 I get older.. but mostly so i have an excuse not to be here around my people when my birthday comes... i don't wanna see ANYBODY that day.. i just wanna forget it's happening....
so, sorry i don't have any good advice, or words to make you feel better... Unless knowing you're not the only one going through this is gonna make you feel better:shrug:

I just wanted to say to you: same here! I am just two years older then you. When i was 30, i had a job, but at his point i am waiting for a job just like you and am unemployed for 3 months. I had so much stress aboui it that i am ill amost all the time. I just wanted to say that in spite of all i really dont think that being 30 is such a big deal. Things in life are independent from your age, i dont think i cant be happiest girl ever when i turn 40. I know i had extended youth, and if you "stay a child somewhere in your heart" sparkles of youth are there for you. Always. :up: :up:

Chizip said:
im turning 25 on friday :no:

Isn't that Headache's birthday too? the same as my wife's.....

I turned 30 last month. I wasn't looking forward to it. In fact, I was pretty upset about it. Now that I am 30, I still hate to say it. But I have accepted it and am moving on. I still feel like a dopey 17 year old much of the time. I guess it's all a state of mind.

Milestone birthdays suck (accept for your 21st bday - that rules !)

Back
Top Bottom