I'm extremely shy about my body

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been meaning to say, U2BonoGirl, if that is you in your avatar, you look like a model!

I wish I can take pictures like that! Mine always look so generic, sweet but plastic. No depth in my photos whatsoever.

You, on the other hand, look like a model, or a singer on an album sleeve. Are your pics professionally taken?

:reject: yes, thats me in my avatar
No, I dont ever have professional pics taken. Actually I was just taking some self portraits to send to my fiance while we were away from each other for 3 weeks before our wedding.
Trust me, I dont look like a model in motion :lol:
Im kind of a dork
Thank you for the compliment though.

:hug: BVS, people arent their normal selves in FYM most of the time

Its strange to say this but Im actually happy with my bra size.
wow!
I think Im making some progress

Yeah, Tara, you remind me of that girl on the first season of America's Next Top Model, I think her name was Elyse....she had dark, short hair and perfect facial features just like yours.

xtal said:
I wish I can take pictures like that! Mine always look so generic, sweet but plastic. No depth in my photos whatsoever.

That basically describes just about every picture I've ever taken. :happy: I'm known for having the same smile in every shot. It's the sorority girl smile.

It's amazing how one person can make us feel so badly about ourselves, we internalize it so much. When we start to feel good about ourselves, that internal nagging voice that they create creeps right in. Well I'm speaking for myself but maybe it's true for others as well.

I think it's so tough to feel good about yourself until you come to terms w/ all of that, if that's possible.

I wish some people would realize how badly their words hurt, the damage they can cause. I think it's a good thing for everyone to keep in mind and to try to give compliments to others.

Just now catching this thread...a few things:

First off, regarding the chest talk...I'm a small person myself in that area, but I'm actually happy with it.

If I was going to complain about anything regarding my body, it'd be that I feel I'm a bit too scrawny, especially in the legs, as well as my wrists. I want to actually gain a bit of weight. And I also don't like my smile. It's too dorky, I think. And I'm not exactly a tan girl, I'm quite pale, which, depending on who you talk to, can be a turn off (maybe that's why I tend to go for guys who are rather pale themselves :hmm:...).

Other than those couple of things, however, overall, I'm pretty happy with my body. I'm just not one who wants to show it off all that much. If other women enjoy showing off their bodies, great, that is totally up to them and have at it :up:. It's just not something I personally do. I'm a pretty conservative dresser (that isn't to say, however, that I don't take advantage of the occasional sexy outfit :D).

Actually, I know this post was from a while ago in this thread, but I thought this was quite sweet:

For Honor said:
And quite honestly... if I, as a guy, know that I am one of the few people who gets to see a girls body, then that is definitely attractive and a plus.

Aw...:cute:.

Anywho, the other thing I wish to say...talk of beauty magazines came up, exactly, just ignore 'em if they bother you. Keep in mind that they are only putting out what they see as beautiful, and that that does not automatically mean you have to abide by their standards, have to look exactly like the people in there :). If you're comfortable with the way you look, then that's all that matters.

And while I haven't seen a lot of pictures of a lot of you in here, you're all really cool people with great personalities, and that already makes you all wonderful, imho. To hell with what the naysayers think, just surround yourself with good-hearted people and life will be good :hug:. Kind-hearted people are who are beautiful in my eyes.

Angela

I do not understand why they have to have so many mags out that focuse on the "model" type of people...most people do not look like that anyway:shrug:

Having seen you dance with Bono directly in front of me, I can assure you you have a lovely figure. Really and truly and I wouldn't lie to you. :yes:

back on topic...i'm very similar. i hate wearing shorts...even on the hottest days i'll wear pants. this is primarily because the backs of my legs have lots of, how i perceive them, as ugly moles. i'm always afraid that as i'm wearing shorts all people are looking at are my moles.

somebody told me yesterday that I wasnt in Oregon anymore so put some shorts on
eek :yikes:
nah. I think I'll save that for in house activities :wink:
But I was pretty proud of myself for wearing knee length shorts during almost the whole honeymoon :hyper:

u2bonogirl said:
while I was on my honeymoon there was a fashion magazine in our room and my husband took it out of my hands and put in down.
He said that nothing good could come from me looking at it.
He was definitely right.

I always pick up those damn mags and look thru them, like if I am in the lobby or in the line at the grocery store ..... WHY !Why the hell do I do that to myself???? Even when I feel I am looking my best...I will still feel as if it is not good enough!!! I wish I could understand why?:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom