I'm extremely shy about my body

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As for shyness, I believe most women are shy about their bodies, even fabously fit people can be shy about their appearance too.

To quote the Sunscreen song:

"Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly"

beli said:

I know what you mean. I have biceps which aren't the most girlie girlie feminine thing in the world but I would rather have biceps than underarm fat wobble. :wink:

My mom used to have killer biceps from carting babies around. She keeps saying how she needs to just do some arm exercises before they get flabby, lol. But yeah, my mom is tiny and eats like a bird so she has nothing to complain about either.

My brother has the opposite problem, he's soooo skinny! He's 18 and he eats an entire pizza everyday and still can't put on weight. You can see his ribs and when he's standing straight or lying flat, his chest is actually concave. He just got back from a mission trip in NYC and where he worked was a pretty flamboyant part of town and he was jeered and cat-called endlessly even though he's 100% hetero, lol, he just has a very boyish frame. Not that I really feel sorry for him over this problem of not gaining weight :mad:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

My mom used to have killer biceps from carting babies around.

Me too. When I first went to the gym, months after giving birth, I was appraised and they measured my biceps and said "you already have biceps" :lol: It was from lugging babies and pushing prams :up:

I feel your brothers pain. I was ultra skinny until I was about 30.

In school there was one girl who wore really showy stuff- classy, but showy- for like sophmore/into junior year. I was dissapointed in my senior year when she dropped out of my soc class :(

But anyways, in her senior year, she was much more conservative, and partially worried about covering up a too much, but at the same time didn't want to attract a lot of attention. She still looked fine, though. (Fine as in :yes: ) Besides her body, she is a great person on the inside, and I think for her that sometimes things got in the way of that. In all reality, just because she didn't wear skin tight shirts and pants, or short skirts, that didn't make her any less attractive. In one way, it made her more attractive, because she was showing herself more respect.

And quite honestly... if I, as a guy, know that I am one of the few people who gets to see a girls body, then that is definitely attractive and a plus.

Tara, I've met you. Hell, we sat in the grass outside Wachovia Center in 30 degree weather for hours.

You have NOTHING to worry about.

Nothing.

Err...not that I was looking from behind the sunglasses or anything. :angel:

*hides behind a rock and keeps an eye out for Tim*

For Honor said:
But anyways, in her senior year, she was much more conservative, and partially worried about covering up a too much, but at the same time didn't want to attract a lot of attention. She still looked fine, though. (Fine as in :yes: ) Besides her body, she is a great person on the inside, and I think for her that sometimes things got in the way of that. In all reality, just because she didn't wear skin tight shirts and pants, or short skirts, that didn't make her any less attractive. In one way, it made her more attractive, because she was showing herself more respect.

And quite honestly... if I, as a guy, know that I am one of the few people who gets to see a girls body, then that is definitely attractive and a plus.

you said what I tried to say only ALOT better :up:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I've gotten much better about this over the years, even though I think I still have a ways to go. :slant:

Damn all those years of women's magazines, but like beli said, I've learned to just stop paying attention to them. :shrug:

Exactly what I said to Tara also applies to you too. :sexywink:

:angel:

Aww dave was checkin me out in philly :p
JK :wink:
Thanks for honor for sharing that, its nice to hear that some guys really do appreciate a woman showing herself respect instead of being worried about attracting attention in the wrong way :yes:

*pinches dave's interland booty* :laugh:

I would disagree. I'm trying to get bigger. And while it's nice not to have to worry about fat, it's a real bitch to try to build anything resembling muscle.

I kind of sympathise with you dave, I really do.
I had a boyfriend that for the life of him could not gain weight, but in turn couldnt gain muscle and he hated it.
It made him self conscious about his body size and so Im just teasing you when I talk about your metabolism :wink:
Besides, its always the skinny ones that get the beer bellies later in life :mac:
:shifty:
sorry :D

I went to the gym for a full 2 months, 3 times a week, diligently following a regimen set by a personal trainer for me.

I gained exactly one millimeter in my most highly-grown areas.

:( That really sucks for you Dave
Now I feel kinda bad about how easy it is for me to gain muscle :reject:
But gaining muscle generally doesnt mean losing fat for me so its give and take :rolleyes:
:hug: dave, I feel for your puny pecs

DaveC said:
Tara, I've met you. Hell, we sat in the grass outside Wachovia Center in 30 degree weather for hours.

You have NOTHING to worry about.

Nothing.

Err...not that I was looking from behind the sunglasses or anything. :angel:

*hides behind a rock and keeps an eye out for Tim*

It's cool Dave, I really enjoyed meeting you in Philly and think you're a good guy. Plus, you've seen Tara and can affirm that she's really got nothing to worry about. Hearing that from someone who doesn't want to use her, helps. I think. So thanks. :hug:

Hey! we'll be somewhere in your neighborhood in about 2 weeks, we're thinking about visiting LL Bean in Freeport, ME . :hmm: *watch, it'll still probably be 8 hours from Nova Scotia :laugh:**

i totally agree that its the person's perception of themselves that truly controls how you see yourself and your feelings from it...

i'm a big girl, very curvy and i love it. I don't wear short skirts or plunging necklines, but i wear clothes that fit me and form me and make me feel sexy and cute! i think no matter what your size as long as you are healthy and happy thats all the counts.

I'm very tall (6 ft 1) and have big shoulders from swimming but a smaller waist. I'm the so so typical hourglass shape but im happy. when i was younger i wished i could be short and petite, but i've realised that you get onyl one body, im not going to obsess over it and instead just enjoy life! :)

I don't like my ass. It's a size smaller than the rest. My legs are skinny so I hate wearing skirts or shorts. I hate my arms because they are a little flabby so I always wear sleeves and never tank tops or anything showy. I have a big chest as well and I really don't like showing it off either. So yeah, I guess everyone has those insecurities.

BOTTOM LINE: LOOKS CAN BE IMPROVED, BY WORKING OUT OR PLASTIC SURGERY.

PERSONALITY, CHARACTER, AND INTELLIGENCE IS HARDER TO CHANGE.

I'm also pretty shy about my body. I wear boarder shorts to the beach with my bathing suit, and sometimes a top. I rarely wear tanktops, and in the summer I stick to long shorts and capris. I've lost some weight, but I still feel pretty insecure. :|

xtal said:
BOTTOM LINE: LOOKS CAN BE IMPROVED, BY WORKING OUT OR PLASTIC SURGERY.

PERSONALITY, CHARACTER, AND INTELLIGENCE IS HARDER TO CHANGE.

That is so very true...you are very wise

yes, I agree, you cant change what lies beneath the surface as easily as what covers it.

for me though, I need to change part of what lies beneath the surface to think differently about how I see my body
Otherwise I will always hate how I look no matter what. And will always feel bad about myself

starsforu2 said:

It's cool Dave, I really enjoyed meeting you in Philly and think you're a good guy. Plus, you've seen Tara and can affirm that she's really got nothing to worry about. Hearing that from someone who doesn't want to use her, helps. I think. So thanks. :hug:

Hey! we'll be somewhere in your neighborhood in about 2 weeks, we're thinking about visiting LL Bean in Freeport, ME . :hmm: *watch, it'll still probably be 8 hours from Nova Scotia :laugh:**

:hug:

Oh, and Freeport Maine is actually an 11 hour drive from Halifax. ;)

Back
Top Bottom