I'm disturbed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
I'm sorry to put this here but I have to get it out of my system. Nothing will help though, I feel so shaky and creepy and sad. Something very tragic happened, something out of a bad 50's song or a soap opera. I talked to my sister in law today and she had just come from a funeral. A 20 year old girl neighbor of theirs who had been friends with my nephew and niece got married Sunday. Coming from the church to the reception, lots of happy friends following behind blowing the horns, her new husband looked back for a second, lost control of the car, spun it in the road and they were hit in the passenger side by a car in the other lane. The girl was killed right there in her wedding dress. Chills.
frown.gif

It reminded me of something that happened to another neighbor of theirs years ago. A young groom left his reception to buy booze with his best man. On the way back not far from the house they flipped over and both got killed. My relatives saw them lying there in their pinstripe suits. The best man's wife was in the hospital where she had given birth to identical twins the day before.

Sorry, I don't mean to bum anybody out, I just had to tell the story. She was buried in her wedding dress. Nothing will ever be right again.
frown.gif

I'm still shaking and my heart isn't beating right.

In 1985, my senior year in high school, I had a friend who sat behind me in Journalism class and gave me shoulder massages during class. Several years later, I discovered that she had been killed in a car accident the night before her wedding. That kind of timing does indeed make it seem even more tragic, if that's possible.

Thanks everyone (((hugs)))

I just can't believe this could happen. It seems like most people always say things were "meant to be" and "everything happens for a reason" but in a case like this I don't believe it or accept it. Something had to go wrong, this couldn't the way it was supposed to be. It's just too terrible. It reminds me of this line from Wake Up Dead Man:

Jesus, were you just around the corner
Did You think to try and warn her
Or are you working on something new
If there's an order in all of this disorder
Is it like a tape recorder
Can we rewind it just once more

frown.gif

Don't know if this will make much sense, but IMO people aren't supposed to "get a lesson" out of everything that happens.
What you described is life - and accidents are a part of it.

But i do believe that one should try and seek something valuable, good out of things. For example, when one dies, try to think of the the good things they brought in your life. Think of they joy they put out.
IMO when a person dies, they live on in a way in the hearts of their family and friends.
The bond - the love can't be erased by death.

Back
Top Bottom