I'm disappointed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I had to cancel a trip to a Ren Faire in Georgia I was going to make not next weekend but the one after that. It would have involved ten hours of driving in three days. Due to certain annoying pains in my back and knee, my mother, who has alot of experience with orthopedic problems, told me not to try it. I don't want to make this :censored: pain worse. But I'm going to miss the party in Georgia. Damn. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Verte, I don't want to push you because I'd feel guilty if something went wrong, but I'd say go for it anyway. My back is not so good either, but if you get out every couple hundered miles and stretch and walk, it makes it better. I think the reason most people consider long road trips long is because they try to drive straight through without breaks. Go ahead, stop for food, sit down and eat, stop at a gas station for a snack, it'll make you and the car less tired. I'm just a road trip girl, and 10 hours a day is not much to me, so 10 in 2 or 3 doesn't seem like much, but that's my highway standards. Don't push yourself if you don't feel up to it, and I know how it is to have your Mom sore and disapproving of your actions (yes, even in our 30's, it never stops!) If you do go, I think you'll have a good time and be glad you did after it's over. But if you've already made up your mind not to go, take care, and try to treat yourself to something special in your hometown to make up for the disappointment:hug:

I've told the people I can't make it. There's no bad feeling between my mother and I, BTW. We are very close and help each other with our health problems. She came home from a trip to France really sick with a respiratory bug and I kicked her out of the kitchen and put her to bed yesterday! She is afraid the trip will be too tough, and I am, too, given some of the circumstances. I don't know what's causing these problems; I have a doctor's appointment for Thursday to try to figure it out. The worst thing about this is really the damn stress. It's not nasty pain, but if I make too many mistakes this will get nasty. It's scary.:scream: :scream:

bonosloveslave said:
That would be a lot of driving to do alone, it's too bad you don't have someone to go with you to trade off :(

The problem with that is that none of my local friends are going because it's too far away for them due to work schedules and stuff. Actually these "disappointments" are very common in this group. Everyone's had hassles with their work schedules, cars breaking down, or something else. Exams screwed me *big time* when I was a student; uh, keeping my grades up was more important than going to a party. This is nothing new, and there's one coming up in December that's only two hours away. I can go up, get a good night's sleep in a local hotel, and have a blast the next day. Still, this is a drag. It's one of those yucky things in life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom