I'm coming to terms with my sexuality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm coming to terms with my sexuality

struckpx said:

We are young. Best of luck, but I am also making the point that just b/c you make out w/ a girl does not mean you are a lesbian.

your post was like a fart in church.

and i just typed something out but realized that A_W said it as well as i could have hoped to, so i will just say that i have no problem with you in particular -- this comment and the "stfu" in FYM aside -- and i accept your apology.

i do think it's important, though, to point out how awful it is to bring up the phenomenon of drunk straight girls kissing at a bar for attention when a young woman has had a wonderful, intimate moment of personal discovery.

Wow, so I just got home from work and saw everything that happened in this thread. Thank you to everyone who stuck up for me.

struckpx-There is good reason for why you were on my ignore list before, and you're only reinforcing it right now. First, your comment was EXTREMELY rude and completely inappropriate. I don't need you coming in here trying to question my sexuality! Second, I don't drink often, and if I do, it's in very moderate amounts because I have a chronic disease that requires me to be on medications that are very damaging to my liver. Alcohol would only exacerbate that problem. I was completely sober on Monday night. So, no, I wasn't one of the "dirty" drunk girls at some party. This was at a dinner with two other girls. Period. I was talking to Lila64 last night, and explained that this was a HUGE weight lifted off of my shoulders, and how dare you come in here and make a comment that puts me in the same category as attention seeking drunk girls. I am completely comfortable with myself and my sexuality, and your comments only speak towards the kind of discrimination towards gays, lesbians, and bisexuals today. You obviously have no idea what this meant to me, to finally be able to have everything make sense. I didn't wake up on Monday and think, "Hey, I think I'm going to make out with a girl for the fun of it." It just happened, and it wasn't any kind of decision that I made. Just keep your so called "humor" out of it. My thread didn't need the mood lightened. There's a reason this area of the forum is called Zoo Confessionals. People come in here to say what they can't/won't say in real life for whatever reason. This was never meant to be a funny thread or an attention seeking thread.

Last edited:
onebloodonelife said:
Wow, so I just got home from work and saw everything that happened in this thread. Thank you to everyone who stuck up for me.

struckpx-There is good reason for why you were on my ignore list before, and you're only reinforcing it right now. First, your comment was EXTREMELY rude and completely inappropriate. I don't need you coming in here trying to question my sexuality! Second, I don't drink often, and if I do, it's in very moderate amounts because I have a chronic disease that requires me to be on medications that are very damaging to my liver. Alcohol would only exacerbate that problem. I was completely sober on Monday night. So, no, I wasn't one of the "dirty" drunk girls at some party. This was at a dinner with two other girls. Period. I was talking to Lila64 last night, and explained that this was a HUGE weight lifted off of my shoulders, and how dare you come in here and make a comment that puts me in the same category as attention seeking drunk girls. I am completely comfortable with myself and my sexuality, and your comments only speak towards the kind of discrimination towards gays, lesbians, and bisexuals today. You obviously have no idea what this meant to me, to finally be able to have everything make sense. I didn't wake up on Monday and think, "Hey, I think I'm going to make out with a girl for the fun of it." It just happened, and it wasn't any kind of decision that I made. Just keep your so called "humor" out of it. My thread didn't need the mood lightened. There's a reason this area of the forum is called Zoo Confessionals. People come in here to say what they can't/won't say in real life for whatever reason. This was never meant to be a funny thread or an attention seeking thread.

I feel really bad for my comments. I want you to know that. Seriously, no joke here. I portrayed it the wrong way. In no way was I trying to attack you personally and make you feel bad. That is the last thing that I want to do. I don't want to make anyone feel bad.

I apologize for my comments, for they were completely immature, not acceptable and inappropriate. I feel even worse that I am on your ignore list, but I can't do anything about that.

I am sorry for my lack of respect and inability to think before writing. I do with my whole heart and mind wish you the best of luck.

:down: struckpx
Unfuckingbelievable.

onebloodonelife, when I was in college (a looonng time ago) I had four roommates in four years who all came out to me one by one, a couple of them not until after we graduated. Now aside from the fact that it's completely weird that all but one of my college roommates turned out to be lesbians (and each one in loving long-term relationships to this day, which is more than I can say for my straight friends from college), I was really touched by each one's courage when they finally told me. And of course I already knew but it was obvious how they struggled with it and with telling me, and how difficult it was to get those words out. So brava to you and may everyone you tell, in your own season of time, embrace you wholeheartedly for being you. :up:

ETA: posted at the same time as struckpx so did not see his seemingly heartfelt apology before giving him the thumbs down.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm coming to terms with my sexuality

Irvine511 said:

your post was like a fart in church.

and i just typed something out but realized that A_W said it as well as i could have hoped to, so i will just say that i have no problem with you in particular -- this comment and the "stfu" in FYM aside -- and i accept your apology.

i do think it's important, though, to point out how awful it is to bring up the phenomenon of drunk straight girls kissing at a bar for attention when a young woman has had a wonderful, intimate moment of personal discovery.

i know it was. it was a terrible response in a serious thread. i just never see you responding to anything of mine unless you can criticize me for something.

but, fair enough.

struckpx posted an innappropriate comment for this thread, no argument there. He has apologized a few times and now its probaby best he doesnt reply to this thread anymore nor anyone else reply to him. Lets just try to move on.

Right...moving on and biting my tongue (or fingers as it were...)

I'm not sure I can offer any advice on this topic, I just hope that you are comfortable with yourself, and I'm glad you can come to us as you discover your identity.

i can't really offer any advice either, but i think this is an incredibly brave thing to post here, or anywhere for that matter. it seems like you're on the path to discovering who you are, and for you to be able to do that at such a young age (lol, i feel old saying that) is incredible.

i can only imagine how difficult it is to post such a thing. :hug:

Thanks again everyone! :hug: I knew that I would be able to come and post here because people are so understanding and would give excellent advice and support, and I could remain somewhat anonymous. :)

First off: congrats on coming out. It really is brave of you. When I came out to some of my friends, some were a bit shocked at first, while others were totally ok with it. It is a wonderful feeling to tell some of the people that you have really close friendships with about it. Now if I can only come up with the courage to tell my family. But, like I said, it is a wonderful feeling to tell people, and to have them accept you fot just being you. You can only be yourself, which is a great person.:hug:

Mr. Green Eyes-:hug: And, congrats to you on coming out as well. I haven't mustered up the courage to tell really anyone in real life yet, but I'm getting there. I also think that I will tell my family after telling some friends. I know that the majority of my friends will be okay with it; it might take a few of them a little time, but that's alright.

My best friend came out earlier this year, and I've been with him since he made this decision, so I understand what might be going through your head now.

Best of luck - I hope you can come to terms with what you want!:hug:

:hug: Thanks again everyone! I found out that I am definitely living with a friend of mine from high school in the fall, so I'm planning on telling her first. I feel like it's a courtesy that I should extend to her, that way, she doesn't come home one night, and I end up having a girl over or something like that.

wow! i just read this whole thread.

bravo cassie! it took me awhile to come out to friends and family especially. but once i did, it was a HUGE weight off my shoulders.

stay true to yourself!

I did end up talking to my friend/roommate, and she is completely cool with everything. I stressed that I have no feelings whatsoever for her, and she did appreciate that I told her that, so she didn't feel awkward. We were talking last night for a few hours, and she said that she could tell how happy I am when I speak about my current hook up buddy I guess you could call her, and that she's so happy for me :D I'm so at ease with this person (not my roommate, but hook up buddy), and she does so many cute little things that I love :heart: I'm just so happy, and living on a cloud right now...

I dunno how I didn't see this. :huh:

but I'm really happy for you and wish you the best with everything. you sound so relieved, I practically feel like I can see you glowing. :D

I miss talking to you, it's been ages, but I'm glad things seem to be falling into place for you :hug:

VertigoGal said:
I dunno how I didn't see this. :huh:

but I'm really happy for you and wish you the best with everything. you sound so relieved, I practically feel like I can see you glowing. :D

I miss talking to you, it's been ages, but I'm glad things seem to be falling into place for you :hug:

Awww, thanks VG! :hug: Seriously, I think I've been smiling nonstop for the past two weeks.

I so miss talking to you too! I don't really go in the chat threads anymore...I do believe my AIM is in my profile though :D

Cassie, reading more messages of you being so happy, makes me smile :) You've had some tough situations and you feeling so happy right now is so good to hear. I'm sorry we haven't really been in touch lately... I do want to be in touch again, though. I will reply to your myspace message soon, okay? Hope you've had a great weekend, miss you :hug:

:hug: Thanks MJ! :hug: I know, I've lost touch with a lot of people I used to talk to frequently on here. :( But, definitely shoot me a message anytime :)

I'm still living on a cloud...although, my hook up buddy is in Hawaii until the 14th, but I'm so excited for when she gets back. She said the most adorable and sweetest thing to me on Thursday before she left...we were just talking, and she said that she could totally fall for me...I nearly cried it was so adorable :cute:

Back
Top Bottom