i'm anti-valentines day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just coming over here to start a thread like this. I went to the grocery store this morning, where they had half the lanes open as express lanes because so many people were buying flowers and cards and candy and big ridiculous heart-shaped balloons. It made me feel so depressed.

Every year I tell myself Valentine's Day is a stupid commercial holiday and I shouldn't care about it, but every year I do :sad:

:drool: this thread is my home now!

:rolleyes: I'm sick of the commercial bullshit that's called valentine's day.... Love should be spontaneous, not forced on a certain day... :yuck:

Re: Re: i'm anti-valentines day

happysingles.jpg

HeartFOAD.jpg

HappyVDHATE.gif

heartcolors.gif

Last edited:
BonoIsMyMuse said:
I was just coming over here to start a thread like this. I went to the grocery store this morning, where they had half the lanes open as express lanes because so many people were buying flowers and cards and candy and big ridiculous heart-shaped balloons. It made me feel so depressed.

Every year I tell myself Valentine's Day is a stupid commercial holiday and I shouldn't care about it, but every year I do :sad:

You shouldn't, and I feel that way regardless of whether I'm dating someone at the time or not. It's fucked up, it places pressure on people, etc.

I like to stock up on discounted chocolate right after valentine's day. :D :reject:

Your time will come when you enjoy Valentine's Day...for some it's even harder when you have someone and you are far away. It's just another day in life, no need to hang up on it.

BrownEyedBoy said:

That is my main grip with the holiday. All this bullshit that people do not because they really want to but because they´re suppossed to. :madspit:

The same could be said of nearly every holiday, though. :shrug:

Blah single on feb 14th, if i had some money i would of gone out tonight and hopefully got lucky but im broke.

:sad:

I don't really care either way. Phil and I have been together for 5 years, but we don't do anything on Valentine's day anyway. When I was single it didn't really bother me. People randomly passing out candies is always nice. :D

Re: Re: i'm anti-valentines day

fly so high! said:

Valentines day sucks period. I wash his undies EVERY day....I don't need Feb 14th to show someone i love them.

Tell him to buy more undies. Then you only have to wash them once a week. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom