I'm an Inspector Guardian!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone know their Myers-Briggs types? I had to take Keirsey Temperment Sorter and it says I'm a Guardian. I know I'm an Inspector Guardian (ISTJ) because I took a Myers-Briggs a few years ago once I joined the business program.

Anyone else care to share?

Chizip said:
I'm Inspector Gadget

I did a double take there when I saw you post :eyebrow:

Inspector_Gadget_inseq.gif

All the I's here.

I think the Internet takes I's and turns them into E's!

It has been more than ten years since I took the Myers-Briggs. I know I started with E...but as for the rest????

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Anyone know their Myers-Briggs types? I had to take Keirsey Temperment Sorter and it says I'm a Guardian. I know I'm an Inspector Guardian (ISTJ) because I took a Myers-Briggs a few years ago once I joined the business program.

I took the same Keirsey test awhile ago. I know I was a Guardian but that's all I can remember.

Apparently, I'm much more judgemental than I thought. :hmm:

Your Type is ENFJ
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
44 25 50 78

For Honor said:

are you sure?

Yes, I'm quite sure. And considering that you know nothing about me, my academic or professional background, nor my personality, I'm a little surprised that you feel the need to question me. However, I'd rather not take part in derailing another thread. If you would like to continue this dialogue with an open mind as opposed to exchanging barbs, feel free to PM me.

On topic - I'm curious as to how people in the thread who have taken this test feel about the assessment of themselves. Do you agree with it, or disagree?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

ISTJ as well

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Seeing as you seem to have this subject down to a tee, would you be so kind to explain it to us? :eyebrow:

Okay, I can see how my original statement there was rather pointed. It should have been "do you guys know about the difference... ...?" instead of ending it with a question like that.

I had intended, though, to raise a topic for discussion, and didn't mean to come off the way it did, so I see where your response is coming from.

VintagePunk said:
Yes, I'm quite sure. And considering that you know nothing about me, my academic or professional background, nor my personality, I'm a little surprised that you feel the need to question me. However, I'd rather not take part in derailing another thread. If you would like to continue this dialogue with an open mind as opposed to exchanging barbs, feel free to PM me.

On topic - I'm curious as to how people in the thread who have taken this test feel about the assessment of themselves. Do you agree with it, or disagree?

Still on topic:

Your profile clearly states you are finishing your honours thesis in psychology

I would assume that you would have some knowledge in the area of personality types, so that's why I asked. Thank you for responding.

I have a few questions about personality types myself, so perhaps I will PM you

=====
=====

As for myself, I think it's somewhat always been clear, because I've always scored the same thing. This is despite of my online personality changing here, on interference. But variations like that make me wonder.

As far as taking "the test", is there a specific one you are refering to, VintagePunk, or just whatever one you came across?

In general, my profile fit well. I wonder though...

Especially for those in the psych feild:
Is personality type something you think can change over time? Or is it essentially from birth, and cannot really be changed?

For Honor said:

Still on topic:

Your profile clearly states you are finishing your honours thesis in psychology

I would assume that you would have some knowledge in the area of personality types, so that's why I asked. Thank you for responding.

I have a few questions about personality types myself, so perhaps I will PM you
As far as taking "the test", is there a specific one you are refering to, VintagePunk, or just whatever one you came across?

In general, my profile fit well. I wonder though...

Is personality type something you think can change over time? Or is it essentially from birth, and cannot really be changed?

Sorry, I forgot that was even in my profile. :reject: :lol:

Although personality isn't my area of expertise, it does overlap with my branch, so I have some knowledge. And I have studied quite a bit about psychological testing/test construction/interpretation.

When asking about agreement or disagreement with the assessments, I was specifically referring to the Myers-Briggs test, since that's what this thread is about.

The most commonly used definition of personality used within psychology refers to personality traits having stability (referring to behaviour across time) and consistency (behaviour across situations), so therefore, that would imply that personality does not change, it's inherent. However, this also depends upon the theoretical approach one subscribes to. Those in the neurological field would probably argue that personality is hard-wired, and is not apt to change. I believe (and this is my opinion only) that if one has undesirable traits, that yes, one can change, but that it takes conscious effort across time, until the behaviour, beliefs/cognitions become so ingrained that they are automatic.

For Honor said:

It depends on the validity and reliabilty of the test being used to describe personality type. I can't remember how this one rates.

Most personality traits remain fairly stable.

I CAN tell you I took this test years ago and I'm pretty sure my answers have changed quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom