I'm addicted to tanning beds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joyfulgirl said:
Truly no one I know who uses a tanning bed is orange. They look like they've been at the beach or in the desert sun. Maybe it's the lotion your friends use? :shrug: Don't know what else to say about that!
:yes: some lotions come with a bronzer in it, they may be using too much of the lotion. it's okay to use it because i use it and i don't have a fake tan at all, it just makes you look browner. however, sometimes if you don't get it right, it can look that crappy fake orange that indoor tanning lotions give you. one time i had my husband put it on for me (cuz i can't reach my back), and i had fakey orange-like spots near my ankles.

it's either that or they also use sunless stuff too. :huh:

i'm the queen of tanning, i know all there is to know. :cool:

Khan, you worked in one of those places for about 200 years, what do they do exactly? I've always wanted to be off white instead of glow in the dark lilly translucent white, but thanks to my pommy parents, I don't think its actually physically possible. Those tanning beds scare me. But they seem like a better option to tanning creams which are like paint and look painted on. Can Casper ole me get a tan? Please tell me how!

Angela Harlem said:
Khan, you worked in one of those places for about 200 years, what do they do exactly? I've always wanted to be off white instead of glow in the dark lilly translucent white, but thanks to my pommy parents, I don't think its actually physically possible. Those tanning beds scare me. But they seem like a better option to tanning creams which are like paint and look painted on. Can Casper ole me get a tan? Please tell me how!
:lmao: yeah, you can get a tan. if you can tan in the sun, you'll probably tan in a tanning bed. my guess is your skin type is 2 (a 1 is someone who can't tan at all, they go out in the sun and just burn and peel, they never turn brown, and have super sensitive skin.) which means you burn a little, maybe even occasionally peel, but you do get a tan from the sun.

you'd probably wanna start off going on a tanning bed like for about 5 minutes about 3 times a week. it's best to go every other day, at least while you're building up a tan. if you go every three or four days, it's pointless as you just try to get back whatever tan you just lost.

i'm lucky, i believe my skin type is a type 4, cuz i don't burn at all. i can just start tanning at almost the maximum time right off the bat. :shifty:

My best tan (and my only one) is my driver's arm! :shifty:

I will be looking into a bake bed methinks...

thanks Khan, mucho information to ponder....!!
:wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:
it's best to go every other day, at least while you're building up a tan. if you go every three or four days, it's pointless as you just try to get back whatever tan you just lost.

This is my problem--I'm just going twice a week and it really isn't enough. I say I'm tan, but I'm still pretty fair so I'm only tan when I compare it to myself; no one else thinks I'm tan! :lol:

But I'm conservative because it isn't about the tan and I guess I'm trying to be careful with my skin. But I wonder what I'd look like if I went every other day? :hmm: It's fun--being white my whole life and now having color. It's like bleaching your hair or something, a whole new look.

joyfulgirl said:
But I'm conservative because it isn't about the tan and I guess I'm trying to be careful with my skin. But I wonder what I'd look like if I went every other day? :hmm: It's fun--being white my whole life and now having color. It's like bleaching your hair or something, a whole new look.
you'd probably have a nice tan. you wouldn't look hideously dark or anything, the people who look like they live in the tanning beds do, they go every day.

if it helps, i personally know people with skin cancer, and their dermatologists have told them it's most likely not from tanning beds. it's hard for them to pinpoint what caused it, but they can always guess. they figure it's from tanning outdoors, especially when they would tan and get severely burned. also, one person i know had to sit in front of these huge bulbs (radiation?) as a kid for skin problems and that was most definitely the cause of some of the skin cancer.

I got sunburned a lot as a kid and I think that makes me a candidate for skin cancer later in life.

I think you're right about tanning in the sun being worse than tanning beds. As I understand it (and believe me, I understand very little) the UV rays from tanning beds include fewer of the rays that burn. I have gotten a little burned (just pink) from the tanning beds but nothing like I'd get in the sun.

Today I'm already faded from Friday's tanning session. I'm going about this all wrong. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom