I'm addicted to music...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
no, it's not just U2 anymore and yes, it's really bad. I have a list that's about 5 pages long of CDs I want and no matter what I listen to, whether I like it or not, I'm curious about the background of it. and I'm wasting all my money!!
why do I get obsessions like this?? and how the hell do I get rid of it?

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

There's no shame in that! Be strong, try to budget, but don't lose your passion for such a beautiful art form!

------------------
The course of true love never did run smooth.-MSND, Ii

The people who worry me are the ones who AREN'T addicted to music.
biggrin.gif

How many CDs do you have? I have close to 200. It seems like way too much to me and a lot of them I listen to very infrequently. But I know there are lots of people who have 400, 700, even more than 1000, so...

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

the alarm goes off and it's the radio

the radio's on the whole time I'm getting ready for work

i have my walkman on for the train ride into work

as soon as I get to work i turn the music on

on the way home it's the walkman again

walk in the door - turn the stereo on

go to the computer - online music

fall asleep with the stereo timer on to shut off after 1 hour

I know what you mean about being addicted to music

i know where you're at BabyGrace...my advice: buy used. buy cd's on ebay. i've gotten great cd deals there. join bmg/columbia house. there's so many cds i want right now myself but i'm holding back b/c i'm trying to save for a car.

------------------
Talking about music is like dancing about architecture. (Steve Martin)

Well, look at it this way.. you could have much worse addictions to things that take a lot more of your money!

When I had my first long-term job, I spent an alarming amount of the money I earned on gas and CDs.. but it was money well spent, dammit!!
biggrin.gif

I agree with grace on buying used. If it's in good shape, I always try to get a used copy. If it's a new release by one of my favorite artists, though, I must buy it new.

I was still living at home at that time, but now I'm independent and have to pay my own bills, so I've learned to show a lot more restraint. I plan on going on a music binge quite soon though. There is so much I haven't heard.

---------------------
"A loud clatter of gunk music flooded through the Heart of Gold cabin as Zaphod searched the sub-etha radio wave bands for news of himself."

Douglas Adams

scattero, it's really quite sad..
I have about 40 of which about 30 are U2
redface.gif

thats not including my tapes though
biggrin.gif

from about age 8 up until mebbe 14 or so, I'd tape things off the radio...man that collection is pretty incredible. and pretty scary too!

grace, I know.. i feel like i spend my life at teh Princeton Record Exchange. they've got good used CDs for about $5 and countless rarities. you just have to have the patience to look for them..

anyway, thanks for your support and long live music addictions!
biggrin.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
from about age 8 up until mebbe 14 or so, I'd tape things off the radio...man that collection is pretty incredible. and pretty scary too!
I'd love to know what's on those tapes

I know some of the stuff I taped when I was young (Bee Gee's - You Win Again) almost makes me cry laughing

smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I can't go minutes without music. It has to be there, always.
smile.gif

I have over 250 cds, and I want tons more. I also have a great number of tapes, and like Salome said some of the stuff you tape when you're younger...lol
redface.gif
I have a tape devoted exclusively to New Kids on the Block, from stuff I taped off radio and tv and such. I think I'll go burn it now.

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

Bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Back
Top Bottom