i'm addicted to ice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i don't know why but every year during the summer i get so addicted to chewing ice :drool:

i try to get a cup of ice every time i go out to eat or sometimes at work i'll even ask co-workers to bring me back a cup of ice when they go to lunch. i know it can be bad for your teeth, i try to be careful to let it melt a little before i chew it and not to chew big pieces.

:wink: I usally chew on ice..anytime! And I know it's bad for teeth-I have broke off a few cause of constant chewing on this stuff! And, it does seem addicting like anything, I guess. :(

ABEL said:
i don't know why but every year during the summer i get so addicted to chewing ice :drool:

i try to get a cup of ice every time i go out to eat or sometimes at work i'll even ask co-workers to bring me back a cup of ice when they go to lunch. i know it can be bad for your teeth, i try to be careful to let it melt a little before i chew it and not to chew big pieces.

u do realize that its only water, right???? :lol:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
The desire to eat ice can be a sign of anemia.

well i am borderline anemic :shrug:

i don't think it's related though at least in my case cuz i've been chewing ice for years, even before i was diagnosed borderline anemic.

Get a hold of yourself girl!! Next thing you know, you'll need a frozen water hit and the ice tray will be empty. Then you will be breaking into hotels, checking out the ice maker on each floor.....

I hate ice...I always ask for my sodas without ice when I go out to eat. I dont like the feel of it banging against my teeth when I dont have a straw and I dont like the fact that it waters down my drink...

now popsicles on the other hand....

Ice-eating is how I got diagnosed as an anemic in high school. Someone told me that my ice-eating habit (I went to a special ed school where we were allowed to have drinks) was a sign I was anemic. I told the guy he was nuts. Then, the most amazing thing happened. This is not a joke, folks. I went to the doctor and got a blood test. After the test the doctor asked me this "do you eat ice?" I said yes, and he said "it figures, you're anemic". I had to start taking iron pills that day.

I used to chew ice when I was anemic too, then I almost completely lost the craving once I got my blood count up.
Abel probably doesn't have anything to worry about since she only gets the craving in the summer.

i think the ladies at the store where i used to work actually got me hooked on it first. there was a little mom and pop restaurant a few doors down from us that had the best crushed ice :drool:

it's funny how you can tell the different tastes of ice once you become an ice chewing connoisseur :wink:

This reminds me of my a friend of mine from university... she was ALWAYS! eating Ice or paper... she would go to your house, and go straight to the fridge... for ice... or when we were studying, or just chatting, she would just open up a notebook, tear a peace of paper and chew it for a while (i don't remember if she used to swallow it, thought....) anyways, I haven't talked to her for a while.. to find out if she turned out to be anemic or what... but she used to complain alot that she felt sick.. and she did look sick some times.. we all used to tell her it was from that nasty paper chewing habit..:eek: :rolleyes:

Funny, I used to be addicted to ice. The really nutty thing about the addiction was that a friend of mine thought that meant I was anemic. I didn't believe him, but the next time I went to the doctor he asked me "do you eat ice"? I was shocked, and of course I said yes. He said it figured because I was anemic!

I'm trying to get rid of a Sunkist addiction. The bad thing about a Sunkist addiction is that it's really fattening, and I've worked too damn hard to lose weight to blow it. I might get back into ice, hey, it's not fattening!

So how come chewing ice is a sign of anemia? I chew ice. I love ice. I can pretty much never have enough ice in my freezer all year long. I miss having the big ass fancy side by side with the ice/water/cubes AND crushed ice in the door thingie. THOSE were the days................

Back
Top Bottom