I'm Addicted to Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
I've got the Christmas music from Yahoo! LaunchCast playing continously, I've bought a Christmas tree for my dorm room since I absolutely cannot live without a tree for two weeks and this is completely normal, right?

When I was in college, my dorm room was a winter wonderland. I had a small tree, garland and lights everywhere, and even my fish had stockings.

my parents have a huge christmas tree in the living room. the christmas lights are up in front of the house as well. i don't have any room to put up my tree but i did buy a little one for my dresser :cute:

i'd leave this shit up year round if i could. i can't remember when i took down my tree last year in my apartment :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i'd leave this shit up year round if i could. i can't remember when i took down my tree last year in my apartment :hmm:

My brother still has his tree up from three years ago.... :ohmy:

I guess I'm the grinch in the family. I don't plan any decorations this year.

I'll probably send out some christmas cards, but they are going to be bah humbug ones. :)

Let me be the grumpy old fart in this thread and say that,,, I loathe christmas :happy:

The food is good though :up:

:wink:

Christmas obessions = :drool:

I am a complete sucker when it comes to winter/ and or winter holidays. I might be one of those people who even gets married in winter, depending on the wife. There are some women who do like snow to that extent - I've met a few...

Yeah, I've got the C-station going all the time now, it fills the house with jolly-ness.

indra said:
I guess I'm the grinch in the family. I don't plan any decorations this year.

I'll probably send out some christmas cards, but they are going to be bah humbug ones. :)

Right on Indra! :up:
as for the rest of you - FREAKS! The lot of ya! :coocoo:

:wink:

Christmas is great - just think of all that great seasonal music that only gets played at this time of year.......

Bruce Springsteen's - Santa's coming to town
u2 - Baby come home for christmas
Maria - All I want for Christmas
Maddonna - Santa' Baby.....

mmmmm I detect a christmas music thread coming on...again!....

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Is it bad that I have no desire to put up any of my decorations this year? :huh:

quite.

Not really, though. I don't celebrate christmas with decorations or presents, it's really a state of mind for me :shrug:

You can feel bad if you want to, though

Sometimes I get depressed... I was getting depressed about the holidays this year, because listening to the songs, as detached as I may make myself, still reminds me of things. When you feel in need, holidays can be a bitch... I don't argue that point.

But when you feel you've got enough, at least for the moment...... holidays are holy days, to the highest definition. For me, at least.

Yeah I feel a little lonely on Christmas, but I usually brush it off because I'm too busy being obsessed with the snow and decorations and love and family and gifts and music and Jesus. :wink:

Bonochick said:
When I was in college, my dorm room was a winter wonderland. I had a small tree, garland and lights everywhere, and even my fish had stockings.

:lol:

same here - we could have been room-mates :D

Christmas IS a state of mind and it is in your heart. For me I don't do a lot of holiday things because my small family is pretty spread out, but I do put up some Xmas decorations and have a ritual when I do my Xmas cards. I try to do some baking and listening to the music always keeps me in the spirit. I enjoy giving to others, and volunteering during the holidays makes me feel good. It's the greedy materialistic stuff I loathe....the how much money can I spend or how many gifts did so and so get and the keeping up with the Joneses that gets to me. That is not the spirit of the holidays so I steer away from that. I do what I want to, what makes me happy. I enjoy the one time I usually go to a church and that is for a midnight service on Xmas Eve. That always makes me smile. Christmas is what you make of it and I try not to be lonely, I try to keep as busy as I feel like being.

warning, sobering and depressing christmas :rant:
Continue with caution........ :slant:

MAJOR downer........

I just spent an hour untangeling christmas tree lights, whilst still upon a tree, a fake tree, and... ugh.... it's just disgusting. My stepmom has her boyfriend over, who had dinner with us last night, and ........ I don't know...... I know she's trying to recreate her marriage like atmosphere, but..... it's just totally weird. I don't mind her spending time with him, but I don't transplant relationships. I am not that way. So yeah, it's just weird for me. She's only known him for maybe 3 months at the most, and now he's decorating our christmas tree?

That wouldn't bother so much if it weren't for other things, like those damn lights being way too interwoven, and the lights being far too intricately wrapped.

its a 10 year old fake tree, which is just strange, as it is.

yeah......... so........ now Christmas music is quite disappealing to me :grumpy:

but I'm sure I just need a few moments to collect myself...... and maybesome food would help. I haven't eatensince breakfast........

I :heart: christmas. I love looking at all the christmas decorations at the store, especially the ornaments. I went to target and saw this fiberoptic little village thing with a train that goes around it and I want it so bad, but it's 30 dollars!!!! I did buy some lights to put up in the window of my apartment though. I like Christmas decorations, but I don't really care for christmas music, this is probably because i work retail and listen to it for eight hours a day.

I actually hate Christmas but there is nothing i can do. If God exist, why cant he help those in need?Should i celebrate unjustice?
I am sorry, i feel do fed up with all that shit. I dont even have human right to work even to do volonteer work exept for the Big Brother Big sister. And i need money anyway, otherwise i cant survive . I live in Easten f..Europe you know. If God wants me to be unemployed and with a nervous breakdown around the Cristmas table, thank you. I am so done with "uncertainty can be your guiding light" What about human right to have security?I saw it clearly on the video wall at he u2 concert. I could scream and shout i just dont want to go nowhere.I want to get somewhere someday.
What is this? WHAT FOR?????????????????????????

We have officially put up our Christmas tree. My family has had that tree since 1985. Said she refuses to get a new one because this one has to many memories for her. Honestly a new tree just wouldn't feel right. At times I may not have all of the Christmas spirit that I used to have when I was younger. But when my little nieces and nephews get excited than it really touches me a lot. There is nothing like seeing a little face light up because Santa called them or they help to put up the decorations. Brings back fond memories of my childhood Christmas's. And it really makes me look forward to my future children's Christmas :). Oh and I have to admit I love getting Christmas cards,hehe.

Back
Top Bottom