I'm a steak and potatoes kind of guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
today...I was hungry

there was a vegetarian pizza in the freezer...but I don't understand that concept. So I took off all the veggies and put some ground beef on instead

I think I need to diversify

Speaking of needing to diversify, I've had a tuna sandwich and/or Ramen noodles every night for dinner for like the past week.

I'm a big fan of the veggies. If there's meat on a pizza I usually pick it off.

ive been hooked on meatball subs since starting uni i have at least 2 a week :silent: ok last week I had jsut the one!!! :angel:

Im gonna be so fat.

Excpet now im so tired all the time i never have time for breakfast

My morning goes something like:

Wake up at 8 ---> Hear ppl leaving house ---> Roll out of bed ---> Throw clothes on ----> Get in car half nekkid ---> Brush hair and finish putting on jumpers and coat in car, maybe put make up on if im looking particulalry pasty (make up to me is abit of vaseline for shiny lips and a dab of foundation im high matinence i am)---> Go to uni

dont you have potatoes like.....everyday??? :der:

I do well most days maybe once or twice okay or maybe 3 days in the week Idont get my spuds..... :hmm:

The pizza I almost always order (minor variations depending on restaurant)

Hot Italian Sausage
Carmelized Onions
Feta Cheese
Garlic

Failing the presence of hot sausage, a good alternative is chicken, and I only get garlic if its a free topping - which it usually is.

Most people are, for some reason, disturbed by my choice of pizza, while the smart ones recognize it for the true glory which it is.

i figured out why i'm a vegetarian. it's cos i don't like veins and chewy wierd fat or gristle-y things in my food. it's not that i don't like meat, or feel bad about eating animals, it's that i don't like unsuspected chwey parts in my food.

it makes sense, i eat plenty of things mimicing to be meat.

so if i actually ate real meat, i'd be a meat and potatos kind of person...but instead, for dinner i had mashed potatos and some 'vegan cutlets'...they were supposed to be immitation breaded chicken things...

I'm not a vegetarian, but I try to eat as such as much as possible. My favorite pizza: banana peppers and mushrooms!

mmmmmm mushroom pizza

my favourite. i like green pepper, onion, olive, and mushroom pizza the best. and that was exactly what they had for veggie pizza last night at work. fucking awesome.

i know exactly what you're talking about with meat IWB, I look like I'm dissecting my meat when I eat.

:drool: potatos

:drool: meat (esp turkey :love: )

:down: vegitables.

Lara Mullen said:
I think your supposed to post a recipe now khanada
:lmao: okay!

marinade:
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, a few sprigs
1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves, half a palm full

marinade in 4 strip steaks, 4 chicken breasts, 4 pork loin chops, or 8 portobello mushrooms.

gravy:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, a handful
1 cup beef, chicken or vegetable stock

Combine marinade ingredients in the bottom of a shallow dish. Season meat of choice with salt and pepper and set meat into marinade and turn to coat. Allow meat to hangout 10 minutes.

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add marinated meat to the pan and cook 5 or 6 minutes on each side. Remove meat from the pan to a warm platter. Add butter to the skillet, then saute for 3 minutes over moderate heat. Add flour to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in stock and reduce for another minute. Pour pan gravy over the meat and serve.

1 1/2 to 2 pounds of baby carrots and broccoli
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish

Place veggies in a pan with water and butter. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 minutes. Remove lid and raise heat back up. Allow the water to boil away and the vinegar to reduce and glaze the veggies, about 5 to 7 minutes. When the vegetables are glazed, to a sweet, rich brown color add honey to the pan. Turn veggies to coat lightly with butter. Season with salt, pepper and serve. Garnish with parsley.

you'd serve both together with either some pasta or rice of your choice. i like yellow rice which really doesn't involve a detailed recipe so there you go! i love those vegetables! :drool: oh, and now that it's fall, you can use zucchini and squash or whatever else of course. i just prefer baby carrots and broccoli.

Last edited:
ABEL said:
there is no steak or potatoes on pizza :shifty: :sexywink:
well, there is always the new philly cheesesteak pizza from dominos. but their pizza is shit.

but i like making my own pizza!! aren't you surprised! :happy:

but when i don't feel like cooking i get papa john's.

Back
Top Bottom